Sign in to follow this  
Paul J

DX10 Fixer released!

FTXG lights work

Did you have to put the deleted file back in before this fix for it to work or did this install go put a file there of its own to fix the FTXG lights? remember folks went and deleted or renamed some file to avoid those black dots all over

But you have to dis able the papi lights

Is there another PaPI lights I could use? FT should give us another PAPI light. aand a rabbit light...that shouldn't be too hard to do for them

About the price...Hmm... For me, its worth the price for a single reason... I am able to use FSX without OOMs for the most part with DX10. 

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Did you have to put the deleted file back in before this fix for it to work or did this install go put a file there of its own to fix the FTXG lights? remember folks went and deleted or renamed some file to avoid those black dots all over

Is there another PaPI lights I could use? FT should give us another PAPI light. aand a rabbit light...that shouldn't be too hard to do for them

About the price...Hmm... For me, its worth the price for a single reason... I am able to use FSX without OOMs for the most part with DX10. 

Yeah, not sure Martin and George are interested. Maybe this fixer might change their mind.

So are all Aerosoft airports working now? Wondering about PANC Anchorage.

Yes, Panc works a treat. Have checked about 20 AS airports so far, all good. Still quite a few to go yet.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Not worth 32.00 dollars just making visuals nicer only 

Does more than visuals.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Not worth 32.00 dollars just making visuals nicer only 

Au contraire. Its way smoother. Even at lower FPS in a heavy area in the NGX its smooth. Dont even get stutters, probably cause the GPU has alot more work to do and less work for the CPU.  I have no white AI aircraft, FTXG doesnt have black box lights anymore as well as alot of airports fixed. Everything appears sharper, and the dawn and dusk effects look spectacular.  And one of the biggest benefits, is that my VAS has stayed relativly lower compared to dx9. Thats a big bonus to have. Havnt tested everything, but all those improvements are worth it. Is it perfect? No and Steve mentions that, because the root of the developing just doesnt allow it, but there is enough benefits that far outweight what doesnt work. 

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

Yes, Panc works a treat. Have checked about 20 AS airports so far, all good. Still quite a few to go yet.

Thank you good sir.

So adding Dawn/dusk smoothing =0 in the fsx cfg fixes the FT airports (other than the PAPI issue at OMDB)??

Eric 

Bought, downloaded and installed this morning just before leaving home to work...

As a long time DX10-only user, I already use Steve's free patch and know which add-ons I own that have problems.

Just made a very quick test before shutting down home PC.

- MegaAirport Munich EDDM is working (no more grey buildings at dusk/night/dawn, and no more grey airport vehicles).

- FTXGlobal vector lights are working (I renamed back the disabled texture file)

- Skiathos X (Aerosoft 29Palms) is working (no more black boxes for night lights, same as FTXG problem I guess).

So far it's a big thumb up, I still need to test a lot of other add-ons... A bit disappointed if FT/Dubai is not totally working, hope for a fix from FlyTampa side...

Chris

So adding Dawn/dusk smoothing =0 in the fsx cfg fixes the FT airports (other than the PAPI issue at OMDB)??

That is correct Eric

As far as my experience goes you don't have to buy this thing if you expect better FPS. If you configure your fsx.CFG properly for DX9 then FPS will be the same as in DX10, if not slightly higher.

That's one reason for not to buy it. Secondly the shadows don't work in PMDG aircraft. And third, I don't want to have trade-offs here and there.

What about WOAI models for IVAO? Do they appear white?

I'm very excited about this one although the price tag did surprise me a bit. I fully agree with the impression that Steve's work justifies an investment though.

Please keep the reports coming on what's working now and where some downsides are to be expected. Must say Julian's banner is spot on. :lol: Aerosoft anyone?

As far as my experience goes you don't have to buy this thing if you expect better FPS. If you configure your fsx.CFG properly for DX9 then FPS will be the same as in DX10, if not slightly higher.

That's one reason for not to buy it. Secondly the shadows don't work in PMDG aircraft. And third, I don't want to have trade-offs here and there.

What about WOAI models for IVAO? Do they appear white?

I can assure you, nobody will force you to hop on the Dx10 train. BTW, it is not just about FPS. Anyway, not something I wish to debate.

. Must say Julian's banner is spot on. :lol: Aerosoft anyone?

I flogged it off PJ, why he wasn't looking.

Have tested about 20 AS airports so far CP, all good

I am just about to do a flight from LHBP to EGCC in the T7, so looking forward to the results.

From reports from others, yes very good I believe. in this version, cloud shaders have been changed, so very little hit on FPS when flying in bad weather. I think I have that right, will need to read the manual again to confirm.