Sign in to follow this  
DannyH73

Prepar3d V2.0 entering beta

People aren't going to flock to P3D 2.0 any more than they flocked to XP10. Most people have both a monetary and psychological investment in FSX. It's like an old friend or really, more like your 80 year old crazy quirky uncle. It's brand loyalty and not logic that keeps many people from switching to P3d or XP10 . I have all three sims. P3d is more reliable than FSX (it hardly ever crashes for me, unless I get bored and start messing around with NI). But in my opinion that's not enough for most people to spend the cash to buy P3d. Besides, there's still a few 3rd party developers who won't produce a product for P3d. It doesn't matter what their reasons for that are. XP10 is also more stable, but it doesn't have the breadth of 3rd party add ons to make it a viable competitor. I bought it a while ago. Initially I used it a lot and was impressed with the smoothness and the intuitive UI design. But I eventually wandered back to FSX and then P3d with their collective stable of 3rd party add ons.

There just isn't a perfect flight sim out there and there may never be, at least for Windows and the PC platform. So what's left? Wait for XP11 for Android? They are still at XP9. There's DCS for combat, if you like that kind of thing. Lastly there's P3d 2.0. It will be better than P3d 1.4. That's a given or else LM will can the whole lot of their P3d programmers, just like MS did to ACES. What people don't realize is that LM probably licensed the ESP code for the same reasons that BMW bought Land Rover about 20 years ago. BMW wanted the 4WD technology and that seemed like a good way to acquire it. LM wants to build better and more realistic military and commercial simulators. It was a great idea on LM's part to acquire a licence for the ESP codebase. And maybe the average flight simmer will get something out of it also. That remains to be seen.

Totally untrue, at least from what I've seen.  

People aren't switching to XP10 because it lacks major features that the FS series has had for a decade. I'd love to switch to XP10 but it's just missing way too much. That and I (and many others) can't stand the plausible world system.

Because P3D is built on the base feature set of FSX/ESP, the temptations to switch without losing much will be greater.

But I do agree there's no perfect sim. If P3D 2.0 is very good, people will still have to make compromises coming from FSX. In many ways it could be like FS9 to FSX. For years you had people hanging onto FS9 because this addon didn't work in FSX, or there isn't an addon for this in FSX, etc.

People have to decide what's important to them at that point.

I guess I missed something here. When did LM make those buys?

They didn't. That was a tongue in cheek comment.

Everybody is going wild about a "maybe true or not" list of improvement LM made to P3D according to a German website, nothing as been said about what they may have took away though.... :ph34r:.

Everybody is going wild about a "maybe true or not" list of improvement LM made to P3D according to a German website, nothing as been said about what they may have took away though.... :ph34r:.

Yeah, I'm sure they got rid of the world, ILS, and day/night cycles and all the major 3PD developers currently beta testing and pushing this platform to it's consumers are unaware.

Anymore negative nancy trolling you'd like to get done in this thread?

Well this is all well and good, but remember. It's about the money. It's always about the money. My Grandson is a gammer and when I see the graphics he gets with his X Box 360, I keep asking myself why can't we simmers get those results. And with no tweaking, etc. just turn it on and it runs. But then I saw that last week a new version of Grand Theft Auto was released with even better graphics and avatars in it that look really, really good, just like human. But guess how much money this latest release generated in sales on the first day? $800,000,000.00. That's right, eight hundred million dollars! In just the first day! FS could look as good if it could generate those kind of numbers too. But alas, it won't happen. Now maybe if LM would add some guns and rockets and good looking gals to the program, the young men of the world might get interested and buy some copies? I'm just sayin'.

Yeah, I'm sure they got rid of the world, ILS, and day/night cycles and all the major 3PD developers currently beta testing and pushing this platform to it's consumers are unaware.

Anymore negative nancy trolling you'd like to get done in this thread?

Haaa! come on bonchie (if that is your real name), why is my comment a "trolling" one, "cause" I'm not specific enough on what I posted, why don't you wait and see, and if after LM release V2.0 nothing was taking away just come back and call me a troll on what I've said, until then....... :P

But I honestly can't imagine LM doing all this DX11 work and not utilizing the capabilities of multi-GPU systems

One more:  do 2 GPUs that have an SLI texture fill rate of X billion/sec perform better than 1 GPU w/ the same texture fill rate?

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

Well this is all well and good, but remember. It's about the money. It's always about the money. My Grandson is a gammer and when I see the graphics he gets with his X Box 360, I keep asking myself why can't we simmers get those results. And with no tweaking, etc. just turn it on and it runs. But then I saw that last week a new version of Grand Theft Auto was released with even better graphics and avatars in it that look really, really good, just like human. But guess how much money this latest release generated in sales on the first day? $800,000,000.00. That's right, eight hundred million dollars! In just the first day! FS could look as good if it could generate those kind of numbers too. But alas, it won't happen. Now maybe if LM would add some guns and rockets and good looking gals to the program, the young men of the world might get interested and buy some copies? I'm just sayin'.

Immersion is the key. It's why military flight simulators are a tiny niche market now as well compared to what they were 10 years ago. 10-15 years ago you had dynamic campaigns, cutscenes, and story arcs in flight simulators (the Janes series for example) and they were a major genre in gaming. Don't get me wrong, I love what DCS is doing realism wise but their simulators are dull as dish water when it comes to immersion.

I realize consoles would of taken flight simulation down a notch regardless over the past decade, but the lack of immersion in new simulations is making them even more niche then I think they would of become.

Haaa! come on bonchie (if that is your real name), why is my comment a "trolling" one, "cause" I'm not specific enough on what I posted, why don't you wait and see, and if after LM release V2.0 nothing was taking away just come back and call me a troll on what I've said, until then....... :P

Because you spend most of your time in 1) Orbx threads or 2) P3D threads posting whatever dozens of negative angles you can think up, usually in very vague ways just to take a shot at the developer while rarely substanciating your claims nor being proven true in the long run.

Why don't you tell us what features have been removed or what features you think have been removed. If you weren't just trolling you must have a real opinion on it or concern.

Oh, that's easy. Just make a flightsim where you can land anywhere, jump out of the plane and beat old ladies. It will be a massive hit!

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

Because you spend most of your time in 1) Orbx threads or 2) P3D threads posting whatever dozens of negative angles you can think up, usually in very vague ways

Give him a break Bonchie........ that's harsh and doesn't represent everything that Alain posts.

Maybe you need a mirror to hold up because being completely honest, I see a lot of negativity and cynicism in your postings too.....

........and yeah, my posts are crap too :wink: so it's probably good that we avoid rating eachother's 'content'. :lol:

Give him a break Bonchie........ that's harsh and doesn't represent everything that Alain posts.

Maybe you need a mirror to hold up because being completely honest, I see a lot of negativity and cynicism in your content too.....

........and yeah, my posts are crap too :wink: so it's probably good that we avoid rating eachother's 'content'. :lol:

You saw one post where I ticked you off because you thought I was being arrogant about producing US addons. Let's be honest.

Otherwise, I'm a bundle of positivity b)

Because you spend most of your time in 1) Orbx threads or 2) P3D threads posting whatever dozens of negative angles you can think up, usually in very vague ways just to take a shot at the developer while rarely substanciating your claims nor being proven true in the long run.

Why don't you tell us what features have been removed or what features you think have been removed. If you weren't just trolling you must have a real opinion on it or concern.

Where you a reader in the Flight's forum before Flight was released, were you reading what I was saying at the time, was I lying....I stand by what I said.

And no, I'm not just hanging in the Orbx or P3D forums....here..  http://forum.avsim.net/topic/421930-a-little-humor/

Give him a break Bonchie........

3d-cadeau.gif

Where you a reader in the Flight's forum before Flight was released, were you reading what I was saying at the time, was I lying....I stand by what I said.

And no, I'm not just hanging in the Orbx or P3D forums....here..  http://forum.avsim.net/topic/421930-a-little-humor/

3d-cadeau.gif

Ok, so tell us what P3D 2.0 is going to be like and what features will be missing. At least with Flight we had major cause for concern through direct quotes leading up to release, so it wasn't like you or others were psychic.

What do you suspect will be removed? You must have suspicions based on your post.

You seem like a nice guy. I just don't get the constant needing to rain on people's parades. If you have something to substanciate your negativity shown in this thread (and every P3D thread for that matter), then I'm all ears. At the end of the day we play computer games in a highly niche market with little advancement. I say let people get excited when something cool is coming because it doesn't happen that often. If it turns out to suck they'll be plenty of time to cry over it then.