Sign in to follow this  
DannyH73

Prepar3d V2.0 entering beta

I don't agree with that. They're not gonna dump on the community that created their company. If we all flock to P3D2.0 in droves, they'll work out an entertainment license with Boeing and LM, and it will be priced as it's always been. I really don't think we'll see a "professional" PMDG product on P3D. They're good, but they're not that good. Who's going to buy a "professional" trainer on P3D? Airlines or ATP schools? Probably not, they already use real full motion simulators. There isn't a market for a $3000(guess on price who knows) PMDG 777 on P3D. It would be a slap in the face to all of us, and would be the end of my PMDG purchases. I'll be fine flying the occasional NGX or 777X flight on FSX, everything else P3D 2.0.

You still don't get it! P3D primary target customers is the Professional Simulation/training Market, not us.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

You still don't get it! P3D primary target customers is the Professional Simulation/training Market, not us.

Yes, for sure. LM is not in the entertainment business but a few bucks from that source helps to pay the rent and cover some costs of development.

Since Boeing is also now in the business of simulator training via their "Flat Panel Simulator" offering, one wonders if we might someday see a PMDG 777 version in 2D format, and offered EXCLUSIVELY by Boeing. (This would also explain why there is no 2D version in the current 777 offering.)

(Since the FAA will not approve Virtual display presentation for professional use, that might be solved by a 2D version of T3, just for Boeing !  )

january

Hi,

It doesn't matter if the flight simulation crowd is/was not the intended target...  The bottom line is, the flight sim community has been invited to come along for the ride and that's all that matters....

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

Interesting question is: What simulator software is Boeing using?

X-Plane running on Windows Millenium Aviation Edition :lol:

Hi Guys,

Another tidbit from Beau,

To be clear, the LOD radius in the UI does effect the resolution of the mesh without effecting scenery objects or autogen. (They are controlled by their density sliders). If you have a high lod radius and a high mesh complexity, it should be much crisper than when you don't. That said, there may be some additional LODing done to the mesh based on its distance and approximated size on screen. For V2 we pass the raw elevation model to the GPU and generate the mesh on the card. If you have a powerful enough GPU, you will be able to max out the tessellation factor and get very dense mesh all the way out to the horizon.

Thanks,
Beau

Prepar3D Software Engineer

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

Xplane doesn't have the user base to keep them in business.

Seriously?

You are kidding, right?

How did you arrive to that conclusion?

LM & Boeing are competitors

Bingo!!! 

I guess many here just didn't realize that!

You still don't get it! P3D primary target customers is the Professional Simulation/training Market, not us

Another Bingo!!

For V2 we pass the raw elevation model to the GPU and generate the mesh on the card. If you have a powerful enough GPU, you will be able to max out the tessellation factor and get very dense mesh all the way out to the horizon

This is indeed very good news!

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

I don't agree with that. They're not gonna dump on the community that created their company. If we all flock to P3D2.0 in droves, they'll work out an entertainment license with Boeing and LM, and it will be priced as it's always been. I really don't think we'll see a "professional" PMDG product on P3D. They're good, but they're not that good. Who's going to buy a "professional" trainer on P3D? Airlines or ATP schools? Probably not, they already use real full motion simulators. There isn't a market for a $3000(guess on price who knows) PMDG 777 on P3D. It would be a slap in the face to all of us, and would be the end of my PMDG purchases. I'll be fine flying the occasional NGX or 777X flight on FSX, everything else P3D 2.0.

If you don't believe me, maybe you'll believe Robert Randazzo!!

We are not planning to support retail customers using Prepar3d as a home simming platform.

We do have some commercial operators who will be licensing PMDG products on that platform, but this is not something the general simmer will have access to..."

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Bingo!!! 

I guess many here just didn't realize that!

Oh its realized. But so is Boeing vs Airbus. But I dont see a Boeing simulator for the PC open to the general training aviator and simmer, nor do I see one from Airbus. Boeing , Airbus, and LM amongst others are flying within FSX now. 

And they fly within P3D as well. I havnt seen LM ban airbus for use in p3d, and I doubt they would ban a boeing aircraft commercial or military to be used in P3D. Its an addon. Your free to install what you wish if the developer provides it with native installers. 

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

I don't post very often, but generally monitor the boards for info and the like.

I'm really looking forward to P3D V2.0 and hope that it will be the move forward that it appears to be, if i get it will really be up to how much of a move it is and the price point, but as long as the price is reasonable i'll probably hop on straight away.

Whether PMDG is on board, not, or if they're being used for commercial aspects isn't really a factor for me. I've had some of their products and they're excellent but they're just one player in a crowd of many, some of whom are in the same ballpark.

I'm just going to wait and see what transpires, then decide whether i'm going to jump in with both feet or not as the case may be.

Michael Hamilton

Your free to install what you wish if the developer provides it with native installers. 

True, so there's got to be a good reason why PDMG didn't include one. Could't it be that maybe PMDG is under some sort of restrictions from Boeing? Just guessing here!

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

True, so there's got to be a good reason why PDMG didn't include one. Could't it be that maybe PMDG is under some sort of restrictions from Boeing? Just guessing here!

Doesnt matter. The speculation with that situation is pointless. PMDG have made their decision, and it seems set in stone. Just seems ridiculous that I would have to change sims to run my PMDG aircraft only. But thats the way it seems its going to play out. 

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

At one time I would never have even considered running P3D if it meant not flying my beloved NGX, but it looks like I may well end up jumping ships and flying the Airbus!

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

The speculation with that situation is pointless

Agreed!

Hmm, I think it will soon be time for me to get Prepar3d then to ensure my future scenery products are fully compatible with it... Certainly all those new features sound very promising.

I have not to date had any experience with P3D...I wonder if everything to date that I have for FSX...planes and scenery, will just be a migration over... Anybody's thoughts?

I have not to date had any experience with P3D...I wonder if everything to date that I have for FSX...planes and scenery, will just be a migration over... Anybody's thoughts?

Not everything. You will have to check the sites of the developers. Some addons have installers for FSX as well as P3D. Some don't have specific installers but can (officially) be used with P3D by copying files. And some addons may (or even can) not be used with P3D (PMDG planes being on the most important ones).

And btw the above goes for the current version of P3D: no one knows yet if everything that works with the current version, will also work with version 2.0.