Sign in to follow this  
DannyH73

Prepar3d V2.0 entering beta

I think the key phrase in your comment is, 'right now'.  I think we have to look out into the future when LOD & pixel density is much higher.  I see the architecture as CPU & ram preloading into available VRAM so the more that can be cached into RAM the better, and to maximize that you need larger address space to cache to.  Think future-proofing.

Agreed. And in the future, if it clearly shows it's needed, P3D will go to 64bit. 

In the meantime, I think we are fine for a few more years. 

And in the future, if it clearly shows it's needed, P3D will go to 64bit

And we know they already have '64-bit Developer Kits' so I supposed this is anticipation of that day eh?

I think beyond turning the sim into native 64 bit is maximizing multithreading/multicore use.  This I think is by far the biggest challenge in a simulator per se, but could yield big performance gains.

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

And we know they already have '64-bit Developer Kits' so I supposed this is anticipation of that day eh?

I think beyond turning the sim into native 64 bit is maximizing multithreading/multicore use.  This I think is by far the biggest challenge in a simulator per se, but could yield big performance gains.

They've confirmed 64 bit is down the line before on their forums. Probably a few years out.

One thing i can tell you... Get hold of a real nice video card, you're gonna need it :P

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

they've found the prepar3d v2 download link ( from prepar3d official site ...) 

LM should have protected the link .... but it's too late now

I just saw v2.0 beta version in some forum. How did they manage to get it? Beta tester leaked it?

yeah i think its been leaked in the worse possible way based on what ive been reading

-Paul-

yeah i think its been leaked in the worse possible way based on what ive been reading

where have u been reading. 

where have u been reading. 

well like i said im not 100% sure but it reads like that might of happened.. i cant post where i read it even though there is very little information about that part of it as they talk mainly about other things to do with v2 which i wont post about.

at the end of the day i dont want to be banned from avsim by openly posting what i have read and where i read it even though posting links to that website is not against avsim rules and im sure they would not be happy with screenshots etc.. from v2 posted here at the moment.

-Paul-

im sure they would not be happy with screenshots etc.. from v2 posted here at the moment.

You are absolutely correct. That would result in some ugliness, I am sure.

The beta seems to surface in all the wrong places, so if LM intended this to be a very secretive beta phase they sure did a poor job in securing their digital assest - being a defence contractor and all. I couldn't care less about the beta though. I'm just interested in the RTM version and what I will get in a stable (almost) bug free version. Even more interesting will be what 3PDs can do with the new sim. With release date being this year, we'll be getting our hands on it soon enough. I for sure am sold!

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

Since v2 will be eating GPUs for breakfast, I just placed an order for EVGA Superclocked GTX 780 and GSkill 8gb 2133mhz ram. It will be a huge upgrade for me since I was running the old gtx 580.

Baber

My Youtube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/HDOnlive

I was running the old gtx 580

I haven't been keeping up with the hardware discussions relating to P3D. My video is a 580. What is wrong with it?

I haven't been keeping up with the hardware discussions relating to P3D. My video is a 580. What is wrong with it?

P3D 2.0 is said to use much more of the GPU, (like for tessellation effects)  then either FSX or Ver1.4, so unlike FSX the faster the card the better!!

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

P3D is going to push a lot onto the GPU. I have a 570 and I don't expect it to hang very well.