Sign in to follow this  
jspahn

SkyMAXX Pro Cloud Engine Update

How about fog, will this render true depiction of fogs and fix the total "white out line" one experience while climbing or descending through clouds?

Could you post a fog shot? thanks.

Keep up the great work, looking forward to this product.

How about fog, will this render true depiction of fogs and fix the total "white out line" one experience while climbing or descending through clouds?

Could you post a fog shot? thanks.

Keep up the great work, looking forward to this product.

Let me work on getting you a good screenshot here in a bit.  I can tell you the infamous "grey screen of death" is now gone.... ;)  hang tight......

Looking very good!!!

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Lenovo TB310FU 9,5" Tablet for Navigraph and some available external FMCs or AVITABs

😍

Fog:

TMhK3cF.jpg

This is out of PANC, as you can see the mountains are not even visible .........not too shabby...lol

This looks incredible-40,000 tall t storms something I have been waiting for a while. Really exciting work!

Really really neat stuff!!

If I may ask, what data is processed by the weather engine?

Looks so good and is so needed.

It will be an instant buy for me.

Agreed!

Sent from my BNTV600 using Tapatalk 2

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

As it's called SkyMaxx I guess the focus of the software is clear, but any plans to extend it to water as well? Water in XP looks amazing inland, but ocean water is less inspiring. Anything to change colour sets, add wave crests etc. would be very welcome...

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

Really really neat stuff!!

If I may ask, what data is processed by the weather engine?

It uses the x-plane default weather....this is a cloud engine replacement.  Personally I recommend the NOAA plugin since the default weather engine is too fragmented at times.....

As it's called SkyMaxx I guess the focus of the software is clear, but any plans to extend it to water as well? Water in XP looks amazing inland, but ocean water is less inspiring. Anything to change colour sets, add wave crests etc. would be very welcome...

:ph34r:

Personally I recommend the NOAA plugin since the default weather engine is too fragmented at times.....

NOAA is very cool, but I often have to reduce visibility in the weather settings to get better framerates in certain conditions (esp. with 3 layers of cumulus clouds), and NOAA does not allow that, unfortunately :(

Mario Donick .:. vFlyteAir

One question; do we have to make changes to the default cloud rendering settings in the X-Plane control panel?

This looks fantastic too..

Pivot

Regards,

Pivot

i9-10900k * 64Gb Ram * MSI RTX 4070 Ti Gaming X Trio * Steel Series Arctis Pro Wireless Headset * Win11 Home x64 * Oculus Rift-S * Tobii ET 5 * TM Warthog Combo, Honeycomb Alpha & Saitek Pro-Rudders