Sign in to follow this  
Ahiko

Release Date From The Service Pack?

I hope they get the hotfix out pretty quickly. The fuel disagree between what is actually loaded and the calculated amount in the FMC after the first leg makes multiple legs impossible. In fact until some of the issues have been sorted I have gone back to the NGX.

Sent from Samsung Galaxy Note 2

Eric 

I have suggestion, those who want to ask questions who know they are going to get blasted just don't ask. Find you a friend on here with some knowledge of what's going on and PM them that's how to avoid being "targeted" by the bullies on here. I have some issues and some questions,but I don't ask because this place is not very friendly at all when you have those questions. I want to introduce my son and my nephews the FS community but the communtiy is not ready for the young types because of some of the people on here are just down right "MEAN"! If  I'm not mistaken 90% of the forum members are grown men and to have one of them come down on a kid for asking a question,well that  would be devasting. We are trying to grow the FS community not run people away from it.  The purpose of the forum is to be helpful not hurtful,and I feel  the PMDG forum has moved away from that! It's now a place if you ask a question and some of the guys don't like it you get flamed.  SMDH,we are supposed to be better than that. 

I have suggestion, those who want to ask questions who know they are going to get blasted just don't ask. Find you a friend on here with some knowledge of what's going on and PM them that's how to avoid being "targeted" by the bullies on here. I have some issues and some questions,but I don't ask because this place is not very friendly at all when you have those questions. I want to introduce my son and my nephews the FS community but the communtiy is not ready for the young types because of some of the people on here are just down right "MEAN"! If  I'm not mistaken 90% of the forum members are grown men and to have one of them come down on a kid for asking a question,well that  would be devasting. We are trying to grow the FS community not run people away from it.  The purpose of the forum is to be helpful not hurtful,and I feel  the PMDG forum has moved away from that! It's now a place if you ask a question and some of the guys don't like it you get flamed.  SMDH,we are supposed to be better than that. 

Your post is a joy to read. These forums are in danger of becoming a hunting ground for some very arrogant bullies and I for one have become very disillusioned with some aspects of the FS community. Certain "names" pop up very frequently using a very superior and antagonistic tone.  Great shame.

JON

oskiatl &jongreen,

I understand some of the things you are saying here, but for the sake of balance I would like to point out that the majority of people on here try and help out with valid issues wherever they can. I have certainly received assistance in the past and have never felt that I was in danger of being "flamed".

Of course if you purchase the product, this forum is the place to ask questions. Where some people go wrong in my opinion is they type away on here with their question and often don't research whether the question has been asked before. Now I'm not suggesting that some of the responses you see to this are justified, however I do understand how frustration occurs when you see the same thing being asked over and over again. The other thing to bear in mind is that I have never seen a tough response from the PMDG team or the moderators unless it is justified. This means the perpetrators of the "flamings" are end users like you or I. You do see similar responses to questions about release dates, whether they relate to the initial product release or service packs/hot fixes. Again these types of questions frustrate people, we should all know by now how it works, PMDG release things when they are happy with them which makes perfect sense to me.

So in the end, what I am saying is people should just think through what they are creating a topic on. Research to see if their question has already been asked; consider whether their question can truly be answered and having done that I'm sure the chances of them being "flamed" will have reduced significantly. Oh and of course everyone should just chill a little.

Regards

Mervyn  :rolleyes:

Mervyn Edwards

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Dear Mervyn

You are quite correct. The majority are really great helpful people. Some sadly however continue to use an arrogant tone.

Onwards and upwards guys!

JON

I hope they get the hotfix out pretty quickly. The fuel disagree between what is actually loaded and the calculated amount in the FMC after the first leg makes multiple legs impossible. In fact until some of the issues have been sorted I have gone back to the NGX.

I don't see what the problem is. So just update the FMC manually after loading in more fuel.

I don't see what the problem is. So just update the FMC manually after loading in more fuel.

You not understanding. In the FMC under the FS Actions section you can load the correct amount and it does display it correctly in that screen. However on the main FMC progress pages, look were it says the calculated amount. Way off and you cannot change that figure.

Eric 

Your post is a joy to read. These forums are in danger of becoming a hunting ground for some very arrogant bullies and I for one have become very disillusioned with some aspects of the FS community. Certain "names" pop up very frequently using a very superior and antagonistic tone. Great shame.

+1

David Porrett

Of course the best answer here is to combine things....Firstly as you say, people need to use search and read better before posting.

However what would really help is that when someone posts something, that might be frustrating to many and may have been answered before, people simply ignore it, no answer to the post will hopefully naturally encourage the user to then search. 

The big issue is, is that because "those Characters" that then decide to jump down the throat of the poster and all out war occurs, it actually results in making the search facility useless, because when I search for something i get thrown up pages and pages of bickering that i then have to read through to see if the answer was in that particular post. Try doing a search for release date - or patch.

So the annoying same posts might be frustrating, but actually its the annoying 6 page threads of rubbish(sign your name, RTFM, I know more than you etc posts) that have to be read through before potentially finding the answer you searched for. Its especially annoying when a good proportion of the time, the flamers actually don't have the level of knowledge to answer in the first place - theres an excellent thread somewhere on here where a whole bunch of people were flaming someone - the laugh of it was he was the commercial pilot and they were just a bunch of FSimmers telling him he was wrong.

Whats mad now is that I have done exactly what Im preaching, and turned a thread about SP which actually may eventually contain an answer into something people will need to read past to get the answer!

For starters, I think people would be more cordial and accepting of such posts if the people starting the same threads over and over would take 1 or 2 minutes to use a search function and find other posts that answer their question, or at least keep all the posts consolidated into a single thread.  People get annoyed because it's the same topics over and over, and being the fact that PMDG hasn't changed the way they announce or release products for years, yet people continue to make all these threads all the time asking about release timelines makes peoples patience grow thin.

A simple response reducing this topic to perhaps just one reply could have been:

Not sure when the SP will be out.  PMDG are working on it and will let us know.

Simple.

Can't believe we're on page two.

You not understanding. In the FMC under the FS Actions section you can load the correct amount and it does display it correctly in that screen. However on the main FMC progress pages, look were it says the calculated amount. Way off and you cannot change that figure.

The workaround for this is after your fuel is loaded you go to the PERF page and enter a number (any number) into LSK L2 of the cdu and overwrite the CALC number for the fuel, press DEL key and select LSK L2 again.

This will switch from CALC to MAN and then back to CALC with the correctly loaded fuel. Every time I take the 777 up I will land and do a turn for another flight.

It works everytime.

Hope this helps.

Chuck

Chuck Biggins

Hi Eric,

after refueling for the next leg, go to FMC`s PERF INIT page. on the left side (LSKL2) there should be a fuel entry having a wrong entry (got not updated while refueling), simply hit "1" into the scratchpad and click that onto the false fuel ammount (LSKL2), it instandly got corrected by the plane logic using the current values then.

JG

PMDG-DC-6-banner.jpg