Sign in to follow this  
G7USL

Goodbye EZDOK

You guys are missing the point totally.

You use the game controller in ADDITION to your regualr flight controller. The game pad / controller is only used to control the live camera, NOT the aircraft.

I know that and that's why I don't want to use a game controller in addition to mouse, keyboard, yoke, throttle and pedals. 

I know that and that's why I don't want to use a game controller in addition to mouse, keyboard, yoke, throttle and pedals. 

I thought you were agreeing with this statement:

"Thank you for your interest in the post I started, but I can satisfactory advise you that only GAMERS are using game pads.  Real flight simmers are using either flight yokes or joysticks for FSX and it is those operators you should be catering for."

My apologies.

Clearly using a gamepad device as flight controls is not preferable.

Can we stop this whole gamers/simmers thing as well please, nobody really gives a toss and it only alienates those who like to pick up FSX and have a quick play  :rolleyes:

I've had zero problems with EZ and find it very helpful to navigate the VC. I tried Opus for weather and it was terrible. Terrible wind shifts and incredibly high air temp at high altitudes made the plane fly terribly. I dismissed the rest of the program, but I may try the cameras after reading comments here, but I will not use the weather, I'm sticking with AS2012.

Only real complain  I have with EZDOK now is, sometimes the spot view is messed up, I  end up being too close to the aircraft and if I "-" out to the proper distance I end up with a wide angle view.

I then exit FSX and come back in, and its now ok. 

So not sure why it gets messed up. 

I love the  EZDOK VC headmovement so much that I put up with all the other complexity of it... by deleting all EZDOK views from aircraft.cfg/

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

I've had zero problems with EZ and find it very helpful to navigate the VC. I tried Opus for weather and it was terrible. Terrible wind shifts and incredibly high air temp at high altitudes made the plane fly terribly. I dismissed the rest of the program, but I may try the cameras after reading comments here, but I will not use the weather, I'm sticking with AS2012.

Opus weather is great. What version were you using? It gets updated almost daily.

Can we stop this whole gamers/simmers thing as well please, nobody really gives a toss and it only alienates those who like to pick up FSX and have a quick play  :rolleyes:

Exactly. Gamepad or expensive yoke its still a bit of plastic/metal m'larky that gets shoved into a usb port with buttons and axis....who cares what it is?

Ditched EZDOK long ago since it does not work anymore with the latest TrackIR software. I am using Opus now. Unless somebody knows how to run EZDOK with TrackIR 5.2 I might give it another try.

It worked the last time I used them together. Are you sure that you renamed the simconnect manifest files after installing the latest version? Assuming you had the older version installed first. I forgot to check that on several occasions in the past and wondered why the cameras kept bouncing around.

I'm with Opus for cameras now too. Going to plug in one of 360 controllers later and set it up for camera control. Looks a very cool concept!

Does anyone know how to make EZDOC work if the HOTAS you're using is fed through a profiler?! After years of hesitation, I bought EZDOC two weeks ago and just like I was afraid of happening, it doesn't work with my TARGET profiler, (or with the Saitek SSD profiler for yoke systems).

I own a Thrustmaster Warthog and two TM MFD panels as well.  I've always used the TM Warthog HOTAS with a profile I setup and run through TARGET. Same with the Saitek Yoke & Dual Throttle setup I use for Yoke planes, I always used the SSD Profiles I made with that.

Using the profilers gives the HOTAS many more capabilities and once the profiler is set and saved, it's easy to add or change to suit separate aircraft on an individual basis.

That said, I freed up all the num keys and page keys, and all the keys that EZDOC instructs to free up before I installed EZDOC. I used the TARGET profiler to reassign my commands to HOTAS DX buttons. 

So if I wanted to 'trim-up' for instance, instead of assigning my HOTAS button to “press” the num pad 2 key, I made the Trim-Up activate via the same button but as a DX number, (if that makes sense), which would now be in the FSX key command for Trim up.

I deleted numpad 2key assignment in FSX along with all the other ones listed by the EZDOC instructions.

I did that with all my buttons and switches and as you all know, that isn't a one or two minute thing. So I was pretty ###### when I could make the EZDOC work after giving it some simple, basic assignments as demonstrated in many video tutorials. 

I'm pretty sure it's because I go through a Profiler tool. For those that don't know; you have to open & run the profiler tool (TARGET) simultaneously when you want to use the profile you assigned to the HOTAS, (That's pretty much the way it is with any HOTAS Profiler).

HOWEVER, in all fairness to EZDOC, I only just realized that my "Accu-Feel AL&S" software MAY be affecting the EZDOC program! I don't know this for sure and so I won't say that this is a fact.

I searched to see if anyone mentioned a problem with Profilers and EZDOC and I guess I didn’t use the right search terms because I never found any info about that problem.

But I'd like to know if it's possible to use the EZDOC Advanced Effects WITHOUT using the and/or applying the camera view button assignments?

If so, I may still be able to get this program to work, but I don't know.

O/S Windows 10 Pro 64-bit/ Corsair 780T case, (white)/ ASUS ROG Maximus XII Formula/ 32GB (2x16) T-Force XTreem 3600MHz/ EVGA Supernova 1300G2 1300W PSU/ Intel i9–11900K (OC’d 5.2 GHz)/ MSI Ventus 3X GeForce RTX-3080 TiEKWB EK-Quantum CPU block | EKWB EK-XTOP DDC 3.2 PWM Elite pump/ EK-Quantum Momentum VRM Bridge (RGB) (fit to ASUS ROG Max XII Formula mobo)/ Dual reservoir for a total 900 mL cooling system | [2] Radiators: 240 mm & 120 mm radiators (all push/pull fan configs) | [4] Corsair LL120 RGB fans and [4] Corsair RGB strips all controlled by Corsair Lighting Node Pro and iCUE software/ | Internal Drives: [1] Crucial P5 NVME SATA 1 TB/ [5] SATA SSD’s (one 1-TB & four 500GB/ External Drives: [1] Seagate Firecuda NVMe SSD 500 GB/ [1] Seagate MomentusX, 1TB SSHD/ Philips 32” curved monitor model 328E1: 4K, 3840 x 2160 x 60Hz

I have EZDOC and love it, also have OPUS but the cameras were too difficult for me. I asked OPUS to put out videos like EZDOC and for some reason they think it's not needed. I believe they can sell more cameras with instructional videos. EZDOC was giving me fits, FSX was always shutting down, but then I went to Window Mode and everything is fine. I grabbed the edges and filled up the screen, it's great.

I personally love EZDOK. I have it since it came out, use the features the guy proposes, and it's been working great on all my aircraft. There are basically two bugs I live with inside of EZDOK, and that is that with the activated vsync, EZDOK tends to "stutter" when you switch the view like he does. That's pretty much non-avoidable, the only way is turning vsync off. Another would be that sometimes, when I turn on (I have it as a key toggle) a cockpit view with a mouse, the view would be default pan to back. I merely have to turn back forward. Slight issue, but these two are basically the only bugs I ever encountered. Learned to live with them.

I do fly in real life, and NO aircraft behaves the way EZCA assumes it does in turbulence.

You do realise that you can praise your own product without disparaging remarks about a competing product don't you ?

Are you really that desperate for more sales, no other developer in this closely knit hobby of ours comes across in this manner.