Sign in to follow this  
sevenflyer

Man, Am I ######!

OK, to clarify.   I installed my DX10 Fixer to:  D:\DX10 Fixer, ie a separate folder/directory by itself. Is that OK, or do I need the new installer.

It says AND to another folder....

Thanks for the Help.

Best,

David

This will be completely fine. You should not have any need to worry in this instance.

However, if you ever have a need to re-install, best to get the latest version on the server.

Cheers, Adrian

fss-forum-sig400x60.jpg

Roger (OP),

I would like to add my apology for not taking your original claim seriously - the email from FSS (and the error in the installer text, stating installation is to the FSX directory) really proved you were right all along, and us 'know it alls' who thought something else was amiss were wrong!

....just shows how much damage can be done by an incorrect few words written on an installer........  Sure the path itself was correct, but I'm not surprised some people changed it to the FSX path, if that's what the installer was saying was supposed to happen......

Oops.      I hope you got a personal apology from FSS / Steve for the loss of your FSX installation and all your freeware; you certainly deserve one.

This is definitely not Steve's fault in any way, it was the coding of the FSS uninstaller that was the issue. We have certainly offered our most sincere apology to the Roger for this gross inconvenience.

Cheers, Adrian

fss-forum-sig400x60.jpg

Hi Folks:

Well as everyone has noticed, an e-mail has been sent out to all and a fix created - which is the important thing. I would like to express my appreciation to all those who gave advice in this matter and especially to Adrian Lehmann at the Flightsim Store and Steve Parsons for getting a caution and a fix out so that others were not affected.

They have also settled things with me, and if this is an example of the way they do business, I would surely recommend them to all!

Oh well, off I go to rebuild FSX.

- Roger

Hi Folks:

Well as everyone has noticed, an e-mail has been sent out to all and a fix created - which is the important thing. I would like to express my appreciation to all those who gave advice in this matter and especially to Adrian Lehmann at the Flightsim Store and Steve Parsons for getting a caution and a fix out so that others were not affected.

They have also settled things with me, and if this is an example of the way they do business, I would surely recommend them to all!

Oh well, off I go to rebuild FSX.

- Roger

So...in reading between the lines...they have refunded your purchase price, for this P.I. the A. happening to you!  Good go... :)  I'd consider that a fair compensation for the caused aggravation  ....

So...in reading between the lines...they have refunded your purchase price, for this P.I. the A. happening to you!  Good go... :)  I'd consider that a fair compensation for the caused aggravation  ....

It takes me the better part of a week to reinstall FSX from scratch with all of my tweaks and add-ons. I would hope he gets more than a refund. A cushy gift certificate is in order for the kind of time it will cost him. I came precariously close to this guy's calamity.

Terrible. Can't imagine Steve is too happy right now either.

This just reaffirms my belief that everything today is just fundamentally broken.

Ponies.