Sign in to follow this  

Bloom my way 25% fps improvement?

robains

thank you for your fsx configs i added few lines it made my mediocre pc work smoother with scenery addons and aircrafts, i get a decent 15 to 20 fps in dx10 which i consider fair according to my pc specs along with rex, once again thank you sir.

Hey Robains, back to report.   Looks good.   I am actually more impressed by the tweaks you had in your cfg file.  I applied those and I am now able to turn on heavy autogen with a 6.5+ LOD Radius with heavy traffic at my airports and still keep a 25+ FPS in most cases.  

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

Hey Robains.  I see you are running hexacore. What bufferpool and affinity mask settings are you using?

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

In my new FSX install I'm seeing better FPS in DX9 at EGLC after installing the DX10 fixer, running it then switching back to DX9. In fact I am now getting 45fps in VC at EGLC in DX9 and just 21FPS in DX10 (bloom off in both). Odd...

Also getting amazing FPS with Gen X VFR scenery in DX9 with everything maxxed apart from AI. 300FPS!!! In DX10 mode it is half that. But obviously you won't notice any difference at that FPS :P

Still prefer DX10 but nice to know DX9 is running nicely now as well.

When flying over FTX Global scenery the difference in DX9 and DX10 is very small FPS wise but it is alot smoother in DX10 (ie panning around etc),

Adam

FlightSim UK - Live To Fly

FSUK.jpg

Well, craps 'n' giggles here as I don't have DX10Fixer to work with.

The setup is a low FPS scenario; config details are irrelevant.

DX10, no bloom: 12.3 FPS

DX10, bloom: 12.5 FPS

DX9, no bloom: 14.1 FPS

DX9, bloom: 10.6 FPS

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

I don't have SweetFX, so I can't test.  I did spend about 8 hours yesterday going over my FSX.CFG and NVidia Inspector settings and none of the "traditional" settings seem to work well for me.  I discovered that my 10 fps performance boost from Bloom appears to be ONLY in NONE photo-real areas (in my case Minnesota is the only MSE state I don't have) ... I have GEX with AutoGen density = 5 (which I believe is max?).  I did install Steve's latest released DX10 Fixer version 1.0 build 19.

Note: this was done on my 680 4GB, not my Titan 6GB.

Rob,

1) what is your DX10 Anti Aliasing setting in DX10 Controller

2) what is your AF setting in Inspector?

Thanks,

Dirk.

Rob,
1) what is your DX10 Anti Aliasing setting in DX10 Controller
2) what is your AF setting in Inspector?

In DX10 Controller it is "blank" as it can't seem to interpret the values I set manually in my FSX.CFG.

[GRAPHICS]
MultiSampleQuality=4
MultiSamplesPerPixel=16

Inspector AF is 16X

I get slightly better quality with:

[GRAPHICS]
MultiSampleQuality=8
MultiSamplesPerPixel=16

But get a hit in FPS.

In DX10 Controller it is "blank" as it can't seem to interpret the values I set manually in my FSX.CFG.

[GRAPHICS]
MultiSampleQuality=4
MultiSamplesPerPixel=16

Inspector AF is 16X

I get slightly better quality with:

[GRAPHICS]
MultiSampleQuality=8
MultiSamplesPerPixel=16

But get a hit in FPS.

Will try these.

Thanks,

Dirk.

Ya, I'm trying to figure out if there is a setting in the DX10 Fixer that will let me have my DX9 FPS back with the NGX in DX10, the plane seems to perform like crap with DX10 and I love the plane.

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

works great thank you know i have between 25-30 fps nearly everywhere and have good quality graphics with dx10.

sfo_a320.png

C. W. ,Ryzen 9 5950X @H2O , 32 GB RAM DDR4 3600 Mhz CL15 , Corsair MP600 Pro Watercooled 2 TB for P3D, Samsung SSD980 1 TB for Addons and Crucial MMX500,  Red Devil Ultimate 6900 XT

I just want to say I tried it and it worked for me as well! I have a minimum of 5 fps to a max of 15 fps increase. Fantastic.

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

Tried your settings though for me I didnt see any real improvement.. i'm with the gtx 670 2GB (1500MB max memory and 98% gpu utilization) and 4.6ghz 2600k.. in fact, turning off bloom, the usual 0.25 fps, measly savings.  Of course i'm locked at 30 fps in fsx (i may have already been as tweaked as getting).. i typically get without rain, about 25-29.99 fps in most areas, particularly orbx  (however, ksea in rain kills it at 15-19 fps up close with low clouds in a carenado c90red.)

MSI z690-a Unify; 1000 watt evga SuperNova Platinum; 12900kf at 1.255 adaptive LLC6, auto avx, auto Pcore, E-4.0ghz, Ring-4.1ghz, PL 241watt (Cine96c, games 83c case side On); DDR5 Gskill F5-6400J3239G16GA2-TZ5RS  at 6400mhz autovolt, Kraken x73 360mm; Thermaltake v51 Case; Gigabyte 4090 OC;  VR-Varjo Aero;  AstronomicallySpeaking:

I got a decrease of 7FPS after installing the DX10 "Fixer", and setting bloom on.
Extremely disappointing, but then again, it's fairly likely I'm overlooking something or the other.

Aamir Thacker