Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TrafficPilot

Which Nvidia driver is your favourite for DX10 with the fixer?

Guys

What are your favourite stable drivers for NVIDIA cards using DX10 and Steve's DX10 fixer?

I tried the latest Nvidia ones (331?) but the performance seems a bit worse than my previous stable 314.14 drivers?

Any thoughts? I'd like to experiment with other versions of the driver.

I'm using a GTX 650 2GB RAM card.

Adam

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

if it  ain't broke why fix it !!!!  every system is a bit different and your mileage might vary.

Always the newest! 

There's no such thing as a driver that ain't broke! Ask Nvidia.   :lol:

thanks for your thoughts.

I'll stick with my 314.14's for now then ^_^

Some people like to stick with the old things. It's everybody's own choice. :lol:

Spirit

Guys

What are your favourite stable drivers for NVIDIA cards using DX10 and Steve's DX10 fixer?

I tried the latest Nvidia ones (331?) but the performance seems a bit worse than my previous stable 314.14 drivers?

Any thoughts? I'd like to experiment with other versions of the driver.

I'm using a GTX 650 2GB RAM card.

Adam

FS-Simmers,

I have Nvidia driver version 327.23 and DirectX Runtime version 11.0 for my GeForce GTX 650 2GB. 

I intend to install Steve's DX fixer and I would appreciate recomendations to setup my system for DX10.  Also I would appreciate gudance on the following

(1) Should I install the fixer in my dedicated FSX Drive and Folder? or should I install it in the c:\Program Files(x86) ?

(2) Is the DX Fixer something I can remove on a simple fashion in case something goes wrong and I require to go back?

1)  I suggest you install it into c:\Program Files(x86)

2) It can be simply uninstalled in your Windows control panel, like any other installed software.

3) It is very straightforward and includes a very comprehensive manual.

If you follow the instructions and recommendations within it, you won't go far wrong.

At any stage you can return to Dx9 mode, nothing will have been harmed, though as a few of us have found, FSX may well work better than it did.

But that's another story.

(and even further off topic than this)

Regards,

Nick

Always the newest, unless it does not work for you then roll back.  That is what happened to me and I am back at the 314's.

1)  I suggest you install it into c:\Program Files(x86)

2) It can be simply uninstalled in your Windows control panel, like any other installed software.

3) It is very straightforward and includes a very comprehensive manual.

If you follow the instructions and recommendations within it, you won't go far wrong.

At any stage you can return to Dx9 mode, nothing will have been harmed, though as a few of us have found, FSX may well work better than it did.

But that's another story.

(and even further off topic than this)

Regards,

Nick

Nick

I purchased and installed the plug-in. Looks great. It was easy to install. Thanks a lot for the advice.

Alvaro.

My strategy: if your card is of the current generation always get the latest driver.  If you card is a generation behind or older, upgrading will either be as good or even worse than your current driver for FSX.  The only reason to upgrade in the second case is if a new game which you installed needs driver updates to perform well, otherwise it's best to leave well enough alone IMO.  I'm currently parked at 320.49 with my 660 ti: FSX runs superbly and so does the recent Tomb Raider game.