Sign in to follow this  
brucek

What triggers the cabin ready message?

I imagine PMDG reading all this speculation with amusement, waiting for someone to come up with the correct answer

I already have  in my previous post earlier  on  :P

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

I think it's triggered by Ryan in the 1st-class cabin, handing his empty martini glass back to the attendant.   :P

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

I imagine they have bigger fish to fry, right now.

Anyway, I never mentioned distance traveled, I mentioned proximity to the runway. That part only got greater while pushing back...

Sure they are busy, but they will still glance at the forum too and might notice this thread. If I was on the team and knew the logic being used I'd enjoy reading the speculation.

Your experience does not mean it can't be distance from the runway unless you assume only one condition triggers the advisory.

I already have in my previous post earlier on :P

:D :D

ki9cAAb.jpg

Ironic in the sense you didn't mention the simple trigger but went into some detail about the mechanism. Now you've listed a number of things that are involved as a minimum, so that doesn't seem any more simple than other people were speculating.

My argument is that although it can be a simple trigger it also depends on the a/c configuration and procedures. In my example there is an actual safety message being broadcast and that is the trigger for the stewardess to call the flightdeck when it is finished. So in this case there is a different trigger if you will, which can be a simple switch or a list of parameters that must be met before it is flagged. In other words unless you have a simple switch then there isn't one simple trigger to activate the cabin call.

If I was on the team and knew the logic being used I'd enjoy reading the speculation.

Yup.

...ever wonder why I keep saying "it's not distance?"

Kyle Rodgers

Guys in one of the pre release videos it was mentioned that Robert was still working on the timing of the cabin ready message. I think It is based on a timer. What triggers the timer I do not know.

I think you only get the cabin ready message when your PC has established an internet connection!

they are watching us, I am telling you ;-)

Rob Robson

Hi all,

Didn't I read somewhere that you have to have the "seatbelt" switch set to "Auto" to enable the Cabin Ready signal, but what triggers it to light up I have no idea. I got it on a take off the other day and just before a landing too, perfect!

I use on instead of auto as well and I still get the reports.

Yup.

...ever wonder why I keep saying "it's not distance?"

LOL. You giving such a short answer should have given me a clue.

ki9cAAb.jpg

As Kyle says, it's definitely not triggered by distance to the runway. I did a little flight yesterday with quite a long pushback and before taxi flow... Before I even started taxiing, the Cabin Ready Message was visible on the MFD.

That's interesting, I also had a quite long puchback some days ago and waited about 3 or 4 minutes before taxi and I think I still got the Cabin Ready somewhere near the runway.

I also have to say everytime it chimes I'm like

smiling-dog-2.jpg?w=396&h=281

You giving such a short answer should have given me a clue.

Made my morning!  Thanks for that.  :LMAO:

Kyle Rodgers

Average cabin ready in a 777 is around 11/12 mins from pushback.

I'm away from the sim at the moment, but have a look if this also happens in the PMDG sim as well.

If it does, I would again be impressed with this product

<p>Francesco

Sorry, but anyone ever figure out what triggers the "Cabin Ready" call?

I'm trying to get the FS2Crew 777 FO to announce when the Cabin Ready message is displayed, but there's nothing in the SDK that does the trick.

It must be based on some kind of timing.... but what's the initial trigger?

They might not want to go in detail here for obvious reasons, try contacting pmdg directly, they may give you the hint you need.