Sign in to follow this  
ArjenVdv

My longest flight ever!

Wonder why no on spoke on why EVA AIR the B777-200LR launch customer or Air India trying to get rid of their B777-200LRs. I think that Ultra Long Haul planes just are not economically viable.

EVA traded their orders to the -300er instead. They say it suits their needs better or something. As for Air India, they were waiting for the 787 to arrive so they had the -200lr as a temp. If you notice, the 787 is an ultra long haul. Ultra long hauls are not suited to every airline. Air Canada's smaller 777's are the -200lr, not the -200 or the -200er. Their 767 fleet will also be replaced by the 787.

Holy ************ guys!

Couple questions to ask you all (serious questions, not trying to be sarcastic)

1. Where do you guys find the time?

2. What do you do for 16 hours?

3. Do you just leave the simulation be for hours on end while you do your own thing? Does ATC not bother you?

4. (Okay this one is a little sarcastic) How far away is the Xbox from your sim station? :P

I'd love to be able to sit down and fly from YVR-SSY but I just don't have the time :( that and I don't know the systems well enough of the T7 yet!

haha I can only speak for my self and answer some of those questions...

1-when ever  get

2-watch a movie on my other monitor or phone. Sometimes I let the sim run overnight while I sleep ( time it so that I wake up before TOD). Most of the time I use time accel.

3- Answered in 2. As for ATC, I use radar contact and pro atc/x so I let them handle comms when I am away.

4- sorry my xbox is downstairs in my living room. :P

3. Do you just leave the simulation be for hours on end while you do your own thing? Does ATC not bother you?

4. (Okay this one is a little sarcastic) How far away is the Xbox from your sim station?

1. Usually on days off from work.

2. I'm not there for the whole 16 hours (12-14 hour legs is my self imposed cap), I still do other tasks around the house, play on the PS3, or sleep depending on the time of day (real pilots do get breaks).

3. Yep and partially because of that I rarely fly online longhauls, no need to worry about ATC's or SUP's. 

4. PS3 is a mere 8 inches away from the keyboard (it shares the same monitor as the PC in fact)

My longest flight was ORD-DOH which was around 12 hours, after reaching sunrise over the Atlantic and turning off the center pumps I went to bed and didn't wake up until the plane was about 2 hours from TOD.

Yes. I think that both major manufacturers bet on the wrong horse in the Ultra Long Haul market. Seems like both the B777-200LR and A340-500 are just simply "niche" aircrafts. Even EMIRATES are finding the A340-500 unsustainable and once that is gone, the B777-200LR might be next. The B777-300ER seems to be able to do many of the routes of the B777-200LR( think that it could be with heavy load penalties but who always can fill their loads up to 100% all the time anyway?)

As for the B787. Yes, it is a Ultra Long Haul jet but who uses it in that role anyway? The current operators(Qatar, JAL, LOT, ANA, AI, LAN, etc) only use it for routes that are just long haul and not ULH. Only one I can see is Ethiopian Airlines who is flying it over 10 hours. Maybe it is only good for long/ thin sectors.

Regards,

Darren

EVA traded their orders to the -300er instead. They say it suits their needs better or something. As for Air India, they were waiting for the 787 to arrive so they had the -200lr as a temp. If you notice, the 787 is an ultra long haul. Ultra long hauls are not suited to every airline. Air Canada's smaller 777's are the -200lr, not the -200 or the -200er. Their 767 fleet will also be replaced by the 787.

haha I can only speak for my self and answer some of those questions...

1-when ever  get

2-watch a movie on my other monitor or phone. Sometimes I let the sim run overnight while I sleep ( time it so that I wake up before TOD). Most of the time I use time accel.

3- Answered in 2. As for ATC, I use radar contact and pro atc/x so I let them handle comms when I am away.

4- sorry my xbox is downstairs in my living room. :P

Question  to those  who  fly the long  routes,  the  range of  the 777  is about  9395nm (17395km) , used pfpx  to plan a route  between  YMML to EHAM  pfpx  gave  me  the route distance of 8941.5nm   but  when I went  to compute the flight plan it  said the fuel required  exceeds the fuel capacity,  anyone  else  using pfpx  having this issue or is it  the pfpx  details are incorrect?

Problem solved was using the random loads which put me over the fuel required 

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

I think that this explains why the B777-200LR is not a very hot seller even with it`s incredible range. Yes it can make say Melbourne to Amsterdam non stop but with a payload of 70%(anyone got the exact figures?)

Lets go. MTOW(even if they can manage to get off the ground in the heat of the Oz summer)-347 tonnes minus maximum fuel 135 tonnes. This will leave 212 tonnes. 212 minus the empty air frame weight of 145 tonnes. This will give us a payload of only 67 tonnes. The advertised load on the B777LRF is around 100 tonnes so this is only about 60% of the load. 

Figures were taken off wikipedia. I was just trying to illustrate that yes! While the B777-200LR can "go the distance" but they have to do it with a payload penalty which is not acceptable to all airlines. After all, most of the are in it to fill the aircrafts up to the brim to make as much as they can.

Maybe this was the reason why Qantas as one of the major contributor to the design of the B777 in the end did not even order one B777.

Regards,

Darren 

Question  to those  who  fly the long  routes,  the  range of  the 777  is about  9395nm (17395km) , used pfpx  to plan a route  between  YMML to EHAM  pfpx  gave  me  the route distance of 8941.5nm   but  when I went  to compute the flight plan it  said the fuel required  exceeds the fuel capacity,  anyone  else  using pfpx  having this issue or is it  the pfpx  details are incorrect?

Problem solved was using the random loads which put me over the fuel required 

OMDB-KLAX 17hours and 50 minutes due strong headwinds and full passengers and only around 10000t of cargo

Was amazing though! :D

EIDW - NZAA 9815Nm

Aux fuel tanks and half a dozen 1st class passengers only.

And before you ask, of course I used acceleration.

Edit - just remembered that the return flight was slightly longer - NZAA - EGLL 9910Nm.

GIA8013
Everett to Jakarta (PK-GID 777W Delivery Flight)
Duration 18:40 hours
Details here

N0489F320 DCT PAE DCT TOU/N0484F340 TR13 SPONJ DCT 52N140W 54N150W DCT CDB/N0480F360 A342 OLCOT R580 OMOTO/N0484F380 R580 OATIS DCT CVC DCT MJE/N0487F400 A590 JOM M767 TAPAP/N0474F430 M767 TOKON M646 VJN P648 AMBOY W38 DENDY DENDY2

11_zps038b1839.jpg

Regards,

• Upvote 1

Achmad Ferdi Iskandar (SUB-ID)

System: P3D v5.3, Intel i7-3770K O/C to 4.7GHz, Noctua NH-U12P SE2, Nvidia GTX 1070 16Gb Corsair Vengeance, Corsair 850W PSU, SAITEK Yoke and Throttle, X52 Joystick Pro Flight™ TPM, Switch Panel, Flight Sim Yoke CH, Armageddon Pixxel+ HD Curve

Hi all,

Mine was KATL - FAOR, my route was a little longer than that of the other poster here in terms of time spent flying it, 17H43 mins, which beat my previous longest in the 747-400 by about 2 hours.    I did not use acceleration   Still want to play around with the extra tanks and see how much further I can stretch it!

Kind regards

PMDG 777, EGLL-YSSY. Just over 20 hours. I slept and went to work, slept again and landed it the next morning.

PMDG 747, KLAX-NZAA.

*UUDD-CYYZ was done PHYSICALLY at the computer. 10h30m. Watched the Pirates of the Caribbean series during this one.

PMDG 737, PHOG-KDFW. Landed right at reserves.

I dont use acceleration, I am forever thankful for pause at TOD.

My longest flight was KEWR - WSSS. This is the longest real commercial flight.

Singapore Airliners uses an A340-500 full business class to this flight, but I used an American B77L. Was about 18:50h of flight, without acceleration.

Holy ************ guys!

4. (Okay this one is a little sarcastic) How far away is the Xbox from your sim station? :P

I'd love to be able to sit down and fly from YVR-SSY but I just don't have the time :( that and I don't know the systems well enough of the T7 yet!

I did not nor do I use accelerated time on MSF, in my case I was there but did have some house cleaning to do and found things to keep me busy while the plane flew. Of course w/ the 747 you have to monitor fuel tanks as at some point you must go tank to engine. I do a few flights a year that are about 8 to 10 hours and watch tv while sitting there or read acrft manuals. I fly mostly the MD-11 now on long hauls. The Rubics Cube could be a possible for some, lol

Holy ************ guys!

1. My one week off well-deserved autumn holiday after two months of hard studying.

2. Sleep, watch TV, fap.

3. Just leave it on, no IVAO ATC in eastern Asia where I'm flying.

4. No XBOX.

Verzonden vanaf mijn GT-I9300 met behulp van Tapatalk