Sign in to follow this  
adi518

A bit surprised no decent dc-3 is available for fsx..

+1 we should be thankful and nothing more.

Do you seriously compare this:

yokeout.jpg

with this:

4ee2Nhx.jpg

? :mellow:

Modern or not, it doesn't matter. You're getting here a much, MUCH better package for absolutely nothing.

I like the top image better, except for the color. Seems to have much better detailing!

Perhaps not everyone's cuppa but thought I'd at least let you know.

If it hadn't been for the annoying DRM telling me my unlock limit has been reached I might not have tried so hard to forget all about it. I paid over 30 EUROs for the thing and this is the thank you I get. I'll stick to freeware.

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

If it hadn't been for the annoying DRM telling me my unlock limit has been reached I might not have tried so hard to forget all about it. I paid over 30 EUROs for the thing and this is the thank you I get. I'll stick to freeware.

Did you get in touch with the support team about this? It takes seconds to reset your unlock limit. A limit exists for safety reasons but really there is no limit on how many times you can unlock any add-on from us.

Happy to sort this for you if you wish. Just let me know.

Forget MAAM, they've given up and their FSX version has a lot of problems. The freeware one will be terrific!

Lee

It does? What problems are those?

I can't totally give you a technical answer, but something happens with the addon upgrade package that gives me strange anomalies in the textures, including places where it doesn't display quite properly and leaves visual gaps where textures should blend along with some gauge display problems. I've tried uninstalling and re-installing a few times, but the problems persist so I finally gave up. Mind you I have PMDG, QW, Aerosoft, CLS and several other packages that work just fine. I am not sure what causes the problems with the MAAM DC-3. Could it be Acceleration? Some errant dll file? I just don't know. It really should be completely re-done for FSX. I loved it in FS9, I miss it!

Lee

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

The externals on this are top. The external sound package from the YT film posted is good too. The sounds of startup and idle as well as during taxi are very close to the real thing in my mind.

I would reserve judgement on the VC appearance and so on, particularly given the quote from Bjoern that the VC is adapted as a stopgap. I can only assume that a more fitting VC is in the works? I also admit to preferring period planes in a more fitting configuration, though you could shove a GNS430 (RXP or whatever...) into there for a bit of comfort :)

My only personal beef is with the prop animation. It seems there are two schools: those who aim to portray the spinning propeller as the human eye sees it and those who portray it as seen through the iris of a video camera. The shutter speed of a camera can partially or even completely freeze the motion of the blades, whereas the human eye cannot easily discern the separate blades. Check it out next time you get up close and personal at some airshow or your local field. What you actually see is a propeller disc when the propeller is spinning...

I prefer to see the propeller spinning as my eyes see it, not as a camera films it... of course my preference and maybe not everyone else's... but it does kill the immersion a little. I feel as though I would be watching a film of me flying the plane as opposed to actually flying it...

Hope you get my drift...

Lovely to see others with the passion to see possibly one of the most graceful and beautiful aircraft I believe ever to have been built putting their wealth of knowledge in development to such good use. Thanks go out to Manfred Jahn and whoever else is in the team for putting this together and furthermore, making it available to the community for free. I doff my hat to you...

A

Could it be Acceleration? Some errant dll file? I just don't know. It really should be completely re-done for FSX. I loved it in FS9, I miss it!

I have it in FSX and it works great. If I remember correctly, I didn't have any graphics issues with it in FS9...

Did you get in touch with the support team about this? It takes seconds to reset your unlock limit. A limit exists for safety reasons but really there is no limit on how many times you can unlock any add-on from us.

Happy to sort this for you if you wish. Just let me know.

I've tried to reach the support team, although it wasn't easy navigating through the website to get there. When I finally did and filled out the web form it seems support is only active during office hours - about the same time I and most other simmers are in the office - so that means waiting at least a day for support...

I understand your need to protect your software, but there are less annoying ways of punishing your paying customers than this. It isn't what you expect from an addon costing more than the flight simulator software itself.

If I may offer a few suggestions:

1) Inform your customers that there is an activation limit on the addon they are about to buy before taking their money.

2) If you insist on keeping the activation system as is, I suggest a link in the dialog box to get me directly to the support team I am asked to get in touch with. Don't let me navigate through several webpages to get there.

3) Don't make me fill out a webform to get support. Just give me an e-mail address and I'll happily supply you with my original receit and serial#.

4) Undrstand that your customers might buy addons from 10, 20 or even 30 other addon developers - all having their own way of doing things. That makes many of us tired of regestering with yet another forum, support site, webstore etc. to get things working.

5) Time is money and very precious, also for your customers. We just want to fly and have fun, usually in the evening when work is over and the kids have been put to bed.

6) Many of us try to support you and spend redicolous amounts of money on addons and massive amounts of time installing and configuring this sim. Why make it harder than it allready is?

That said, thanks for getting back to me. Appreciate it.

I've tried to reach the support team, although it wasn't easy navigating through the website to get there. When I finally did and filled out the web form it seems support is only active during office hours - about the same time I and most other simmers are in the office - so that means waiting at least a day for support...

I understand your need to protect your software, but there are less annoying ways of punishing your paying customers than this. It isn't what you expect from an addon costing more than the flight simulator software itself.

1) Inform your customers that there is an activation limit on the addon they are about to buy before taking their money.

2) If you insist on keeping the activation system as is, I suggest a link in the dialog box to get me directly to the support team I am asked to get in touch with. Don't let me navigate through several webpages to get there.

3) Don't make me fill out a webform to get support. Just give me an e-mail address and I'll happily supply you with my original receit and serial#.

4) Undrstand that your customers might buy addons from 10, 20 or even 30 other addon developers - all having their own way of doing things. That makes many of us tired of regestering with yet another forum, support site, webstore etc. to get things working.

5) Time is money and very precious, also for your customers. We just want to fly and have fun, usually in the evening when work is over and the kids have been put to bed.

6) Many of us try to support you and spend redicolous amounts of money on addons and massive amounts of time installing and configuring this sim. Why make it harder than it allready is?

I have sent you a PM to sort the Dc-3 issues out SH.  I don't want that left hanging SH especially if you've spent good money on it and not been able to actually use it. We will resolve that for you.

Thanks for all your other suggestions. We do take customer support seriously and believe the systems we have in place help to keep that side of things as simple as streamlined as possible. The support steps need to start via the website because often many issues can be resolved looking at the support section on the site and if not then the email to the support team is logically the next step. But do feel free to use support@justflight.com as and when you wish to contact the team

Given that we actually allow 10 unlocks per product and anything after that we do look into, but again only for security reasons, as we have been stung many times before, we think we allow a reasonable limit but as mentioned before to get new unlock codes from us, after we have checked account details, will take no time at all. 

Anyway let's get this DC-3 sorted out for you. Just awaiting your account details...

Kind Regards

I'd like to comment by saying that, in order to browse the JF support section, you neither have to register nor to validate any registration. That's way easier than what you experience with publishers like Flight1, for example. Support is linked in the top right of JF's frontpage.

Filling in support forms is required by PMDG, too, for example. It can be a strain, but the information requested is aimed at resolving your issues more efficiently.

And online activations are limited by each and every publisher/reseller in order to fight piracy. Having gathered experience with a variety of addons you are probably aware of the fact, that you can have your activation counter resetted easily at short notice.

Just my 2 (Euro) cents, of course ...

Common, any real sim-enthusiast has both FSX and XPX installed. 

LES DC-3 got you all covered  B) ...or even the Felis Il-14 if you dare take on the russian counterpart, which is amazing.

It's almost surprising though A2A hasnt already made one of these. It's right up their alley.

I have sent you a PM to sort the Dc-3 issues out SH.  I don't want that left hanging SH especially if you've spent good money on it and not been able to actually use it. We will resolve that for you.

Thanks for all your other suggestions. We do take customer support seriously and believe the systems we have in place help to keep that side of things as simple as streamlined as possible. The support steps need to start via the website because often many issues can be resolved looking at the support section on the site and if not then the email to the support team is logically the next step. But do feel free to use support@justflight.com as and when you wish to contact the team

Given that we actually allow 10 unlocks per product and anything after that we do look into, but again only for security reasons, as we have been stung many times before, we think we allow a reasonable limit but as mentioned before to get new unlock codes from us, after we have checked account details, will take no time at all. 

Anyway let's get this DC-3 sorted out for you. Just awaiting your account details...

Kind Regards

Thanks. I've filled out the webform on the support pages. I will get in touch with you if I haven't heard anything. I'm at work now and can't access my private e-mails and account details.

I am quite sure I haven't installed this addon 10 times. For some though, 10 might be a low number. I write a few reviews and beta test products, so quite often I have to reinstall FSX.But I never install a bunch of addons and leave them there. I always remove what I don't use, and reinstall them when needing them again.

As a customer, what if - knock on wood - JustFlight became defunct?

Thanks. I've filled out the webform on the support pages. I will get in touch with you if I haven't heard anything. I'm at work now and can't access my private e-mails and account details.

I am quite sure I haven't installed this addon 10 times. For some though, 10 might be a low number. I write a few reviews and beta test products, so quite often I have to reinstall FSX.But I never install a bunch of addons and leave them there. I always remove what I don't use, and reinstall them when needing them again.

As a customer, what if - knock on wood - JustFlight became defunct?

I've had the support team check and they can't see anything from you about the DC-3.  You are definitely using the Just Flight site and not Flight1 I assume?  Sorry daft question but worth checking.  The boys are keeping an eye out for your support request.

The defunct question - hard one to answer really. We've been around 16 years now so I'd hope we're here to stay! The unlocks procedure will stand though and as other posters have said and many customers too it's a fair system. Something simply has to be in place for security reasons. If there wasn't there'd be a much stronger possibility of us reaching that defunct stage. If it's something you're totally against though then that's your choice and there'd be no qualms with you sticking with the freeware products for sure.