Sign in to follow this  
adi518

A bit surprised no decent dc-3 is available for fsx..

There's the default one right.. then there's flight1 or 'just flight' (can't recall) dc-3 which is only little improvement over the default... judging from shots ofc.

So, kinda funny, but why no developer takes on a modern fsx/p3d dc-3 project? :)

eg, A2A could make an awesome one...

PS, I saw XP10 has a fantastic looking dc-3 add-on available.  <_<

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

3rd thread about DC-3 in a week, oh well...

Sent from my U8815 using Tapatalk 2

Sorry, but that one looks horrendous. Good for 2006, but not 2013. :unsure:

Luckily, the freeware alternative that's in the works is quite promising:

RcCoaV7.jpg

sbBRRwP.jpg

Good poly count, properly textured, great specular reflections.. looks far better than the paywares for sure.  :Applause:

Sorry for the bump, just adding another, really cool preview that I found:

Qi1EJxz.jpg

Down there, it's all the paints they made so far!

They're almost at release so whoever's into dc-3s, stay tuned. :)

i don't know why but i can not see sim outhouse forums. can you post more vc shots. and any release info would be good.

thx.

I actually just finished going through the entire wip thread and that's the best preview content I could find. :)

Try using 'Hola', see if it helps you accessing their website.

and any release info would be good.

Release: When it's done.

thank you, that is the answer i was looking for.

Glad to be of help.

The 35 pages long wip thread has lots of fabulous shots:

IbryACP.jpg

Really hard to believe this is freeware... wow. :)

amazing external.. BUT..!!

I spend 99% of time inside cockpit and the VC is what makes a plane for me.. Pretty "toylike" gauges and panel. dont know why all the hype about this dc3 as I dont care how beautifull the external is.

• Upvote 1

I think you're too early to judge and there are more vc shots in their forum... also, check the paywares.. none of them look as good.

I spend 99% of time inside cockpit and the VC is what makes a plane for me.. Pretty "toylike" gauges and panel. dont know why all the hype about this dc3 as I dont care how beautifull the external is.

The VC is adapted from the Basler BT-67 as a stopgap. Same goes for the C-117D.

It's hard to judge the VC in this model from the PICS because it's been modernized, and is not historically accurate from the original. Comparing it to the one in MAAM, it's VC is accurate, textures are very good, and the external model, is accurately shaped and textured as well, so I don't see how the OP can  claim, it's "horrendous"? Just because it's not a newer model doesn't make it bad. The external model of this freeware also looks very good. and the startup sequence effects in the posted video does as well. Very high quality for freeware. I would like to see more of the VC (Especially a video, but I'm sure that will come in time).

amazing external.. BUT..!!

Pretty lame to critisize a FREEWARE project like that...

Pretty lame to criticize a FREEWARE project like that...

+1 we should be thankful and nothing more.

It's hard to judge the VC in this model from the PICS because it's been modernized, and is not historically accurate from the original. Comparing it to the one in MAAM, it's VC is accurate, textures are very good, and the external model, is accurately shaped and textured as well, so I don't see how the OP can  claim, it's "horrendous"? Just because it's not a newer model doesn't make it bad. The external model of this freeware also looks very good. and the startup sequence effects in the posted video does as well. Very high quality for freeware. I would like to see more of the VC (Especially a video, but I'm sure that will come in time).

Do you seriously compare this:

yokeout.jpg

with this:

4ee2Nhx.jpg

? :mellow:

Modern or not, it doesn't matter. You're getting here a much, MUCH better package for absolutely nothing.

+1 we should be thankful and nothing more.

Do you seriously compare this:

yokeout.jpg

with this:

4ee2Nhx.jpg

? :mellow:

Modern or not, it doesn't matter. You're getting here a much, MUCH better package for absolutely nothing.

Show me a real world DC-3 that has a center pedestal like this? I haven't found one. The MAAM's DC-3's controls look much more authentic.

Forget MAAM, they've given up and their FSX version has a lot of problems. The freeware one will be terrific!

Lee