Sign in to follow this  
CFIJose

My Addon of the year Award goes to

FTX Global without a single doubt!

Stan

Anyone have the Flight1 King Air? Sort of went under the radar with so many big summer releases. I'm wondering if it competes with all the addons here.

Yes. I am working on the Avsim review of the outstanding B200 KingAir.  This one has it all (well, almost) - Blackhawk XP52 engines upgrade, Raisbeck Engineering Epic Gold package, G1000, Failures, Maintenance Module, and cruises at 310+ Kts.  It will start showing up on the 'Best' lists soon as it is the same caliber as those mentioned in this thread.

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

Yes. I am working on the Avsim review of the outstanding B200 KingAir.  This one has it all (well, almost) - Blackhawk XP52 engines upgrade, Raisbeck Engineering Epic Gold package, G1000, Failures, Maintenance Module, and cruises at 310+ Kts.  It will start showing up on the 'Best' lists soon as it is the same caliber as those mentioned in this thread.

Just out of curiosity... Does it model a PT6 correctly in as far as FF for RPM changes at constant alt goes?

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Lenovo TB310FU 9,5" Tablet for Navigraph and some available external FMCs or AVITABs

Main flight simulator: MSFS 2020... 

I hate threads like this! And love them of course! :P Since I have a total lack of self control and know all my credit card details by heart, they make me end up buying lots of add-ons that, magnificent as they are, just doesn't fit into a 24 h day. MSFS has never been in better shape than what it is today and it's still improving. Who would have thought...

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------

It's definitely been a bumper year for FSX, probably the best ever. Not bad for a "dead" flight sim with no support from the developers!

The stuff that caught my eye (and credit card) this year, in no particular order:

i) PMDG 777 - I don't think I need to explain this one. Once again PMDG give us a tour de force in their abilities as FSX developers.

ii) Majestic Dash 8 Q400 - Just like the PMDG 777 another tour de force in development skill. Also surprisingly light on framerates!

iii) A2A C172 - yes I know it's just a boring 172 but let's be honest, this is such a ubiquitous type it's surprising it's taken so long to get a really good one in FSX. This is the type of aircraft that most flight simmers can relate to best in terms or real world flying experience and it's great to see it get the Accu-Sim treatment from A2A.

iv) Sibwings An-2 - quite simply a work of art. Just like PMDG and Majestic, Sibwings are right up there in the premier league of developers and have chosen such an iconic aircraft that is way off the beaten track in terms of FS development. What's more they price they charged for it was more than reasonable!

v) Aerosoft Twin Otter Extended - re-visiting an older product, Aerosoft completely re-built it from the ground up to 2013 standards. What's more they charged a fairly modest upgrade price for those who purchased the original model, and they continued to release new models (skis, floats, amphib, tundra) at no extra charge. A class act.

If I had to choose one it would probably be the Sibwings An-2. It's just a fun aeroplane to fly that is so well created. Definitely a must have.

Biggest disappointments of the year for me were the DX10 fixer - the price really surprised me and the results (for me on my two systems) didn't justify the cost over the free fixes. The other big disappointment was the Just Flight Eurofighter. Complete waste of money. Poorly done and overpriced. Dino Cattaneo's freeware jets (T-45, F-14D and F-35) are much, much better. Fair play to JF - they did try to go back and improve certain aspects with the updates but it still fell way short of contemporary standards. I really hope they don't drop the ball with their Canberra PR9.

Just out of curiosity... Does it model a PT6 correctly in as far as FF for RPM changes at constant alt goes?

What is FF? I suggest you read about the XP-52 upgrades at the Raisbeckengineering.com site and then ask Flight1. The Raisbeck models are very different than a basic PT6 engine.

Regards,

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

In another very long thread about the Flight1, I participated with a couple of other posters about this behavior across several FSX turbos. Turns out, all but one of them had a little discrepancy in fuel flow when RPM was changed. The Carenado B200 (as I recall) had no change in fuel flow with RPM change.

Back to your regularly scheduled topic :-)

TAXI2GATE MMMX MEXICO CITY XTREME   and    LHS BUDAPEST LISZT FERENC LHBP  are the best Airport/City Paywares in FSX History :Peace:

http://youtu.be/4spCKsrc0PA

LSZT is a work of art. I have NOT been impressed with TaxiGate. The airports that I have are simply ok for the price.

MMMX seems expensive and there are not any videos that make me want to try it. How does MMMX look at night?

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Nominating an addon of the year?

How about we nominate 2013 as the Year of the Addon?

Too much good stuff, my CC is gasping for breath.

FTXG, DX10 fixer, twotter, AN2, 777, too much to list

Majestic Q400

Twin Otter Extended

RealAir Duke v2.0

Any one of these is worthy of "Addon of the Year" IMHO.  I've been sitting here for the last fifteen minutes trying to decide which one I'd pick if I were forced to pick just one, but I can't.  In terms of immersion factor and overall quality they are equals, and I thoroughly enjoy all three.

Indeed, this has been a golden year for FSX addons.

Richard P. Kelly

I'm disappointed with the DX10 fixer, caused a few issues for me, like tearing, spikes and FPS drop. Using an ATI 7850 card though, with RadeonPro with settings as recommended by others here. Maybe better if I switch to a nVidia one.

Aircraft

1.PMDG 777

2.RealAir Duke v2

3.Alabeo Staggerwing

4. Carenado PA46

5. Ants T-28 Trojan.

Scenery.

1.FTXG

2.Flightbeam KIAD

3.SunSkyJet Philadelphia (freeware)

Utilitys.

Dx10 fixer.