Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DJJose

My Addon of the year Award goes to

After some thought I've decided to give the Realair Duke V2 the Award for add-on of the year.

I know that we are still in October, and who am I to give such an Award, but this bird has everything I look for in an FSX addon:

Great visuals!

Amazing realism!

Plane feels real!

The lighting is fantastic.

Several beautiful looking liveries!

Easy GNS 530 & 430 integration!

Outstanding developer support!

and the upgrade price was a steal.

I honestly never thought that the Lancair could ever be replaced as my favorite GA.

Thank you Realair and I'm looking forward to your 172N.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

The DX10 fixer is a great add-on, but as long as there are developers who don't want to support DX10, it's just another addon that I bought to help the developer continue to improve FSX.

The DX10 fixer is a great add-on, but as long as there are developers who don't want to support DX10, it's just another addon that I bought to help the developer continue to improve FSX.

I kind of agree.   I bought it, and currently have no use for it whatsoever, due to disappointing DX10 performance with ATI.   Hopefully I'll get some value from it in the future.

Some great add-ons this year, but overall, I would absolutely have to give a 'dual award' for my favourite add-on of 2013.   I would jointly award it to FTX Global  and to the Majestoc Q400.  :cool:

FTX Global has made flying in places like Russia, Africa and Asia (that were so poorly textured in the stock FSX) a pleasure to fly in.  

The Majestic Q400; well what can I say; the most amazing airliner ever released IMHO, and the fact that it gives better FPS performance than the default C172 is just staggering.

There shouldn't be a single addon of the year. Everyone enjoys different things, some like low and slow, others don't (like me). Some enjoy photoscenery, others don't. So really, imo, The RealAir v2 isn't on my last, the PMDG T7 is though. If we can get categories that every addon could fit in to then it would be okay.

Yeah we've had a great year!

Duke is superb

King Air G1000 is pretty nice

I tried the PMDG T7 on a friends pc - pretty nice too

I kind of agree.   I bought it, and currently have no use for it whatsoever, due to disappointing DX10 performance with ATI.   Hopefully I'll get some value from it in the future.

Some great add-ons this year, but overall, I would absolutely have to give a 'dual award' for my favourite add-on of 2013.   I would jointly award it to FTX Global  and to the Majestoc Q400.   :cool:

FTX Global has made flying in places like Russia, Africa and Asia (that were so poorly textured in the stock FSX) a pleasure to fly in.  

The Majestic Q400; well what can I say; the most amazing airliner ever released IMHO, and the fact that it gives better FPS performance than the default C172 is just staggering.

FTXG will be even better after FTX releases the Landclass and Vectors.

I can't wait for FTX to release the light utility. I would like the lights to be a little smaller.

After some thought I've decided to give the Realair Duke V2 the Award for add-on of the year.

I know that we are still in October, and who am I to give such an Award, but this bird has everything I look for in an FSX addon:

Great visuals!

Amazing realism!

Plane feels real!

The lighting is fantastic.

Several beautiful looking liveries!

Easy GNS 530 & 430 integration!

Outstanding developer support!

and the upgrade price was a steal.

I honestly never thought that the Lancair could ever be replaced as my favorite GA.

Thank you Realair and I'm looking forward to your 172N.

I was wondering about this....I got as far as the buy pages and have not yet pressed it.  It does look very nice.  Thanks for this.

FTXG would probably win for AOTY because it changed the whole sim.  FSX feels and looks much better with the ORBX TEXTURES.

Scenery: FTX Global and overall winner

Aircraft: A2A's C172, Honorable Mention: Dino C's F-35 for VRS Tacpack.

Honorable Mention Weather: FSGRW

Honorable Mention Utilities: DX10Fixer

Wow, this year's nominees have really made it hard to pin down one thing for app of the year. 

It's very close from me between the PMDG 777 and Majestic Q400. But I think I'll have to give the slight edge to the Q400. For me it has a slightly better immersion factor. And the performance of it is superb

Should have different categories:

Scenery FTX:Global

Airliner: PMDG T7

Regional A/C: Majestic Q400

G/A : A2A C172

Flight Planning: PFPX

Utility: DX10 fixer

Honorable mention: Aerosoft Twin Otter - Don't know where it fits in but I sure like it.

If I was forced to pick only one it would have to be the Majestic Q400 there is just nothing to compare. Time to give it to someone else besides PMDG :P 

Edit: I know theres a lot of RealAir supporters as well but I don't have it as I barely have enough time to fly the others. I'm sure it's fantastic too. Since it's an updated model maybee "best upgrade" or something for it 

FTXG is winning the race so far. I dont have it although I have all of Orbx regions.

Its odd that no one has voted the T777 as the best of the best, sure its mentioned but its not standing ,interesting..

Although I really like what FTXG does, I can't really nominate it as my addon of the year. It is, of course very difficult to choose one proudct only, as this has definitely been one of the best years regarding FSX addons, there have been released so many much anticipated products that it is actually hard to remember what has been released in the past few months.

As much as I am concerned, I would say the best addon is the Aerosoft Airbus X, it is really nice in the current version (although it was originally released last year, I would count it here, as the original release was quite buggy, and all the important fixes were made only this year) or - if that does not count - probably Skiathos.

This could be simple if the product would work without flaws. It would be without hesitation a Sibwings An-2. A wonderful immersion and feel - but, its core component .dll is a bit unfinished and crashes the sim, so the nomination goes for the...

Lionheart Fairchild 24. That's the plane I've logged most hours this year.

I have to give the award to three add-ons:

- FTX Global ( although I am not using it anymore ... )

- A2A's C172

- RealAir Duke v2

- PMDG 777

( the Q-400 is on my list )

Just a note on why not using FTX Global - because I am using just the default scenery in FSX. Since I can't afford better hardware to run my sim, I have to be sure all of the available "processing power" goes to those sophisticated modules that run when I "fly" the T7...

I have to give the award to three add-ons:

- FTX Global ( although I am not using it anymore ... )

- A2A's C172

- RealAir Duke v2

- PMDG 777

( the Q-400 is on my list )

Just a note on why not using FTX Global - because I am using just the default scenery in FSX. Since I can't afford better hardware to run my sim, I have to be sure all of the available "processing power" goes to those sophisticated modules that run when I "fly" the T7...

This may sound silly JC, but you will get better performance using Global, as the default is not optimised.