Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

airlinejets

SkyMAXX

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

its stunning!! but its not for fsx.

So...?  Get X-Plane.

Nothing stopping you from having more than one flight sim platform.

its stunning!! but its not for fsx.

... which is why it's very clearly not in an FSX section (and it doesn't look like it was just moved by a mod either).

It looks pretty good. The God rays look a little crazy but still will be cool to have them.

It looks pretty good. The God rays look a little crazy but still will be cool to have them.

In nice open country in the right weather you can see matching God rays..........

I think they are pretty realistic if not overused. And I'm pretty sure they can be turned down and even off, the same with Triton water (if its ever integrated) which is why I am not overly concerned about frame rate.

In other words I'm waiting eagerly on the product. If I thought they were looking for beta-testers, I would sign right up!  :P

before JSpahn was a PC Dev, he was a Special Forces Operative trained in "Advanced Torture Techniques" :lol:  Please release it soon :Praying:  :crazy:

there's a menu option to control the "rays"

before JSpahn was a PC Dev, he was a Special Forces Operative trained in "Advanced Torture Techniques" :lol:  Please release it soon :Praying:  :crazy:

there's a menu option to control the "rays"

Im sorry guys we are moving forward just not much to report at the moment.  I thought we had it wrapped up but we are addressing some issues with the "overcast layer" right now.....Hang tight!

some issues with the "overcast layer" right now

OVC is the terror of weather engine makers :-/  I know.... and the terror of VFR pilots when it suddenly builds bellow them !!! 

Hope you find the best way to sort it out ;-)

Please get Overcast right. For me this is the main thing for a weather system to get right.

Im sorry guys we are moving forward just not much to report at the moment.  I thought we had it wrapped up but we are addressing some issues with the "overcast layer" right now.....Hang tight!

Just from idle curiosity, how difficult would you say its been translating Silverlining to work correctly/well with XPX? Any particular hurdles besides the overcast?

I think the transition has been relatively seamless so far, the biggest hurdle is working with the limitations of the LR SDK.  That will hopefully change soon, but most likely after a release.  If we get the cooperation we are anticipating  there will be even more options for the end-user.

Some notables are working with HDR and dawn dusk blending........

That would really be great as an enhancement, because I really hate to be at pitch dark in the sim when there's still or already plenty of light out there...

I think the transition has been relatively seamless so far, the biggest hurdle is working with the limitations of the LR SDK.  That will hopefully change soon, but most likely after a release.  If we get the cooperation we are anticipating  there will be even more options for the end-user.

I know Silverlining can theoretically be used also for correct scene illumination.....

Is the SDK slowing you from implementing the skybox and correct star positions/moon phases?

Not really slowing it up, but it is a feature we would love to implement in the future.........

Well, hope it comes out sooner rather than later. A lot of people here doing like this:  :smile: 

fcps.jpg

What kind of options ?

starflight and GoranM thank you for you lovely comments!

GoranM well i am heavily invested with fsx and my pc almost has no place [memory wise] to run another sim. though had tried the demo !

and starflighti was just looking at the latest topics on the main avsim page and it never mentioned this topic was related to xplane 10.

and starflighti was just looking at the latest topics on the main avsim page and it never mentioned this topic was related to xplane 10.

The latest topic feed aggregates from the entire board, you just have to look at the breadcrumb (parent folders) after opening the topic. Topics posted into the proper forum shouldn't have to mention which sim.

There've been other "this isn't for fsx" comments recently in XPlane topics, I was just getting a bit tired of seeing those...

The latest topic feed aggregates from the entire board, you just have to look at the breadcrumb (parent folders) after opening the topic. Topics posted into the proper forum shouldn't have to mention which sim.

There've been other "this isn't for fsx" comments recently in XPlane topics, I was just getting a bit tired of seeing those...

Actually, I take this as a sign of great progress, FSX users actually interested in X-Plane add-ons, even if they are a bit miffed its for X-Plane

What I find puzzling (and this is not meant as disrespect to any developers, but rather a compliment) is that it will only take 1 specific FSX development team to develop for X-Plane that will sway a a vast majority of FSX users to use X-Plane.  

THAT'S influence!

Hmmm Goran, I suppose that if LES started designing for FSX or P3D, or even Aerofly now that it's open for 3pds, most users would go there aswell checking your venture into those sims :-)

starflight just relax i was not being contemptuous, and i really did not mean to offend in any way, after all these r just sims we are talking about.  

What I find puzzling (and this is not meant as disrespect to any developers, but rather a compliment) is that it will only take 1 specific FSX development team to develop for X-Plane that will sway a a vast majority of FSX users to use X-Plane.

THAT'S influence!

That's because the (unfortunate) majority of FSX users are tube liner FMS people.

Booooring.

A little off topic - but I once flew on vatsim during an event at a major USA hub. Over the frequency I heard someone decline a visual approach because it wasn't in their FMS..... Sigh

Over the frequency I heard someone decline a visual approach because it wasn't in their FMS..... Sigh

:lol: