Sign in to follow this  
MatthewL

Majestic Dash 8 Q400

About to click purchase on this one! Just want to here some final opinions. As much as I enjoy flying the big tubeliners I love flying shorter routes a lot more, so I was checking out the Q400 from MJC. I've seen the aircraft in signatures and other various mentions of it. The Dash 8 is my favorite aircraft, so I'm surprised I haven't picked this one up yet. 

Can I hear some opinions from some that have purchased the aircraft? I've read up a lot on it and the reviews seem very positive, but I would like to have a final outlook. 

Best Regards, Matt.

Would like to add, If I do go forward with the purchase is the Pilot edition good enough? Is it worth the extra price for the pro?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

If you are already a fan of the Dash 8 then this one is a no-brainer - It's worth every penny. The pro edition is not available yet but if you decide to update when it is, you can do so by just paying the upgrade price.

If you are already a fan of the Dash 8 then this one is a no-brainer - It's worth every penny. The pro edition is not available yet but if you decide to update when it is, you can do so by just paying the upgrade price.

Thank You! Just purchased it, can't wait to fly this bird. Any more inputs are appreciated as well.

Thank You! Just purchased it, can't wait to fly this bird.

You made a very good choice.  Excellent aircraft!

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "MS FSX Forum" to "Unofficial Majestic Software Support forum". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.
Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums. See our image posting rules here.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.

Take your time to set up the plane via MJC control panel. Read the documentation and search the tutorials on the forum. Happy flying, I love it.

I think one of the, almost weird, aspects if this product is how little performance hit there is. I don't have the best computer, but this plane performs just like the default jets for me, no fps hit! 5* rating for me ;)

If I remember right I was not able to solve an issue and had to return it.. This is the first add on I actually returned.

Its because I was using Flight illusion gauges that would not work with  this addon. This aircraft does not out put out the 6 primary gauge numbers out via the FSUIPC  for third party software like Saitek Insrument Panel or Project Majetna or Flight Illusion to read and display instrument in your cockpit.

So this may not be an issue for most folks...but if you have home cockpit do your due diligence.

I checked my e-mail convo that I had with MAjestic

Quote:

> The bank goes to 29degree like in a Left bank and stops/freezes even if I
> I bank right.
> . The Pitch goes to negative -020 and freezes. The display within the
> VC is fine. I am talking about the values sent out of FSX via FSUIPC.
>
>
> I am including the screen shot here. All the numbers there changes in
> flight..except the ptich and bank. And My TC/Ball is also not working..but
> that too does not show those positions.

> I checked with Saitek Instrument Panel. Same issue. So folks having Saitek
> Instrument Panel would not be able to use SAITEK panels with this
> aircraft.
>
>
> It maybe to your interest to capture these numbers and publish them within
> FSX. Just a thought

Hello

Eventually this might be done, but we can't promise anything for sure of
course.

With best regards,
Oleksiy Frolov
Majestic Software Support

This is one of the best, if not THE best addons out right now IMO for FSX. They spent a LOT of time on this one, and they will be coming out, hopefully shortly with the Pro edition, that will have the ability to do shared cockpit, failures and such.

It flies great, and like the others above said, incredibly for the amount of detail, there is almost no FPS hit between this and default aircraft. She looks great, and flies better!

You made a good choice with investing in Majestic.

• Upvote 4

I am absolutely AMAZED by this airplane. The physics are incredible, the best i've ever seen. 

Definetly my new favorite along with the NGX.

Also very little FPS impact, if there is, amazing sound, simulation, best addon i've ever purchased. 

And a very beautiful airplane, great to look at.

• Upvote 1

Such a magnificent plane for me till Version 1.7. I have huge problems with the latest version 1.8. It keeps banking hard to the right (on the average once every two launches) immediately I engage the Autopilot. ILS approach has become a mission as it disconnects too high with a message that says "ILS CAT II FAILURE" at all airports I have tried. Last version had no issues at all, as long as the approach speed was right, and I am thinking of uninstalling the latest version and reinstalling the last one. Otherwise one of the best addons ever made for FSX (my opinion)

I have not purchased the dash 8 Pro yet.

Couple questions.

Which Universal FMC model is used?

Is the 2D cockpit currently available in the Pro version?

Are there still problems with the FMS LNAV/RNAV or ILS approaches?

Are updates (or service packs .. might have the wrong name here) applied to all (Pilot/Pro/Training) or are there specific ones for each?

Which Universal FMC model is used?

Are updates (or service packs .. might have the wrong name here) applied to all (Pilot/Pro/Training) or are there specific ones for each?

the simulated fmc is Universal UNS1E FMS.

i believe the pro version will have 2d panel but as far as i know the pro version is not released yet.

i never had problems with the ILS but i know the most recent patch changed the rnav stuff, i think it is supposed to be more solid now, i haven't noticed anything unusual although i haven't tested them much either..

so far the updates have just been to the pilot version but that's the only one released yet as far as i know

cheers
-andy crosby

• Only the pilot version has been released; the Pro and Training versions will include a full selection of 2D panels on release but the Pilot version only has some popups such as FMS, PFD, MFD and ARCDU.
  • The service packs are all labelled for the pilot edition, so I guess they would be specific.
  • ILS approaches work fine now but I still have RNAV/LNAV skipping a waypoint occasionally when they're close together.
  • All the online vendors have promised to allow you to upgrade from Pilot to Pro by paying the price difference only.

Andy,

Thanks alot for your feedback.

"the simulated fmc is Universal UNS1E FMS."
Ok, I will read up on it.

"i believe the pro version will have 2d panel but as far as i know the pro version is not released yet."
I like 2D cockpit. That is why I would purchase the Pro version.
Actually, I thought all three of their products (Pilot, Pro and Training) were released.
Their Internet sales page did not mention, as fare as could tell, that only the pilot version was now available / completed.
Glad I checked in this forum first.

"i never had problems with the ILS but i know the most recent patch changed the rnav stuff, i think it is supposed to be more solid now, i haven't noticed anything unusual although i haven't tested them much either.."
Ok, I will wait for their product development to complete and then take another look.

"so far the updates have just been to the pilot version but that's the only one released yet as far as i know".
Ok, so it is still in fixes / testing stage of the released Pilots version.

Today I went and looked at their internet sales page and noticed this"
"Upgrades can be issued by the particular online stores, subject to the store policy".

So, pilots who purchased cannot get the fixes / patches / upgrades directly from Majestic?
I would not want to worry about having to purchase a product twice because of a policy problem, just saying.

Chris,

Thanks for you answers.

"Only the pilot version has been released; the Pro and Training versions will include a full selection of 2D panels on release but the Pilot version only has some popups such as FMS, PFD, MFD and ARCDU."
Ok, I was looking at the Pro version with the 2D panel cockpit .... after it is completed and gets its first service pack (initial fixes).
The POP-ups are ok for me .. I will un-dock them and put them on my second monitor.

"ILS approaches work fine now but I still have RNAV/LNAV skipping a waypoint occasionally when they're close together."
Ok, I will wait for the fixes. Skipping waypoints is not a good thing.

"All the online vendors have promised to allow you to upgrade from Pilot to Pro by paying the price difference only."
Ok.

Chris,

"RNAV/LNAV skipping a waypoint occasionally when they're close together."

Which airport and which procedures did you notice it on .... I would like to take a look.

Noticed it on my last two flights in to Edinburgh (EGPH) when flying from the STAR termination to the ILS FAF; if I remember correctly I was using the TWEED1A and TWEED2C in to ILS runway 06 and the I-06 transition.

Today I went and looked at their internet sales page and noticed this"
"Upgrades can be issued by the particular online stores, subject to the store policy".

So, pilots who purchased cannot get the fixes / patches / upgrades directly from Majestic?
I would not want to worry about having to purchase a product twice because of a policy problem, just saying.

That is correct, the vendors are responsible for distributing any updates that Majestic release. I bought mine from JustFlight and I've had no problem getting updates.

The other approved vendors are SimMarket (not heard anyone complain about them) and Flight Sim Pilot Shop (who can take a few days roll out updates from when Majestic release them).

Chris,

Thanks for the additional information.

"Noticed it on my last two flights in to Edinburgh (EGPH) when flying from the STAR termination to the ILS FAF; if I remember correctly I was using the TWEED1A and TWEED2C in to ILS runway 06 and the I-06 transition."

I am going to find these charts and have a look.

Chris,

I got the plates for TWEED1A and TWEED2C in to ILS runway 06 and the I-06 transition.

Where did you have a problem ..what went wrong ? on this approach?

Try this,

CRS FL250

KMEM ELVIS2.EFOUR EFOUR CBM MGM SZW SZW KTLH  (ILS27 Approach Procedure.. FEKAD)

Set VNAV for 3000ft at FEKAD

Disconnects and make a 180 everytime after SZW!