Sign in to follow this  
aceridgey

Longing for NGX SP2

Yeah I think a update for the Ngx is long due. But even as I still fly it daily I am still amazed at the detail of the plane. I don't think the detail o f the plane needs to be updated, but the systems definitely.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

That is still expressing an opinion...

Some people have been pixel counting and found that the windows are 8 or 9 pixels too small or large or wide or narrow. Depending on who you ask and what angle the photo they are comparing it to is taken from.

Cue Microsoft Paint "red lines drawn on a photo" pictures.

Pictures that break copyright laws no less.

Even PMDG stated that the window size was incorrect...and anybody that has spent any time looking out the windscreen of a real 737 would see it.  The baro and minimums knobs are incorrect as well.  They should be like the 777's.

Looking forward to the new cockpit geometry  fixes for the flight deck :-). 

Me too, in fact, I think I would trade everything else in SP2 for only this fix if any case. But anyway, has any PMDG guy ever said anything on this matter?

R. Aranda S.

Hi,

Firstly Happy New Year 2014 to everyone in this forum!

I can't understand very well this discussion...

According to me Service Pack 2 (and in general all sp updates) should be made to improve i.e. flight dynamics, systems fidelity to real things best performance (i.e. frame rate), brake friction coefficient etc. etc. I can't really understand all this discussion and importance given to i.e. windows resolution graphic realism etc. etc. (maybe made causing lowering frame rates etc. etc.) I like B737 NGX cockpit as it is today why should be made all these changes? By the way your point of wiew depends on also monitor dimension, monitor ratios (normal or wide 16:9) etc etc. otherwise keep in your mind that applying real dimensions problably your panel could get smaller. I.e. in real sim (i.e. see my picture) also if you are set your seat according with Boeing 738 manual point of wiev scheme you are really to lower your head for passing from outside view to glance at the PFD i.e. because PFD and ND gauges are smaller and lower than in B737 NG...

I'm sorry also about the pmdg decision (but PMDG is a commercial company so it would have had its good reasons and I respect it) to make all new addons with 3d panel only ..I'm not agree with it..it the only reason I've never bouth the beautiful 777..I don't like that panel, you know 3d panel is smaller, very difficult to dealth with and togheter with FSX defect it's frame rate killer if you use a wxr program and in a cloudy day not having a "state of the art last generation computer" (and many European simmers haven't being there problably electronics devices more expensive than in USA) you got 10-15 fps no more...but this is another topic..sorry (don't misunderstand me, not a criticism to PMDG just my thoughts)

Ciao

Andrea Buono

I can't understand very well this discussion...

... I like B737 NGX cockpit as it is today why should be made all these changes?...

It's very simple:

Cockpit geometry is factual wrong. You can like it or not, but that's not how 737NG cockpit looks like (very minor deviation, but still, it exists). Nothing to do with personal feelings and opinions. Nothing related with point of view, monitor dimensions, seat position, etc.

Some people have been pixel counting and found that the windows are 8 or 9 pixels too small or large or wide or narrow. Depending on who you ask and what angle the photo they are comparing it to is taken from.

Cue Microsoft Paint "red lines drawn on a photo" pictures.

Pictures that break copyright laws no less.

Would you stop criticizing the guy who discovered the problem please?]

Problem is acknowledged by PMDG so, obviously, it exists. I believe he took a 737 cockpit photo by himself.

Yeah, the ONLY issue or complaint I have about the NGX is the cockpit-geometry - having been in several 737CL and NG cockpits and level-d simulators I can confirm that the 'pit of the 37's is very narrow and the windshield windows are rather small compared to other commercial jets. The iFly 737 has a correct cockpit-geometry, for instance. 

An update is badly needed for this aircraft. ESPECIALLY for the cockpit dimensions... I really hope they make the flight dynamics and cockpit geometry as real as the Airbus X is from Aerosoft. I know it is a long process to address and fix these issues, but this issue has been addressed for at least 2 years now, which means they should be releasing an update sometime soon. At least I hope they do :\  

flight dynamics

Exactly what do you perceive to be wrong with the flight dynamics?

cockpit dimensions

Please read the topic, a LOT of statements have been made surrounding this subject. Ryan himself has said that they know the cockpit dimensions aren't correct, and that the modelling was intended that way. The reason lies in the correct function/appearance of the HUGS. If they can't work this out another way, the modelling will stay as is.

No offence, but entitlement will very, very rarely get you anywhere.

The reason why the dimensions are incorrect is because PMDG couldn't figure out how to get the HUD to read forward of the Glareshield, only from behind it and thats why the windows are so big. The dimensions are the one thing that has really bothered me about this addon, I've been in several NGs and its really stunning how small the thing is once youre in it 

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

I've been in the cockpit/cabin of every single 737 in my company fleet, multiple times... Cumulative time of greater than 5,000 hours roughly. You don't hear me whinging like a girl about cockpit geometry! Nor will you see me using it as a credential.

Just fly the bloody thing... seriously!

Set 20 failures per 10 hours of flying, dispatch with an inoperative system, and only fly sectors with a flight time of less than 1Hr 30mins... see how much time you have to whinge about cockpit geometry then!

If I came across the likes of you girls around the traps, I would expend every effort within the confines of the law to keep you the hell away from aircraft. It's probably a good thing that many of you will only ever spend 5 mins in a mostly shutdown and secured aircraft!

Cockpit geometry... Pfft!

Brian Nellis.

Brian Nellis

Set 20 failures per 10 hours of flying, dispatch with an inoperative system, and only fly sectors with a flight time of less than 1Hr 30mins... see how much time you have to whinge about cockpit geometry then!

Brian you great!

I would like to thanks a lot, once again, all PMDG staff for having made this wonderful piece of software. Thanks to a so realistic software I was able to go into a B738 fixed base training and succeded in managing it "almost like a real cadet pilot" no need of an instructor controlling me on the right seat. and all that..in spite of the wrong geometry of cockpit...let's hope than pmdg will let the possibility of choosing  between this "wrong cockpit geometry" and the new (correct) one (but I usually use 2d only for HUD training with VC 'cause I don't like VC..too frames lost in my system)...

Best

Andrea Buono