Sign in to follow this  
Zeus67

Prepar3D v 2.0 will come out in November

I'd be very interested in the answer as well, as my new gaming PC is running on Win 8.1

Some games actually run better on Win8 than Win7 (like Battlefield 4), but others run a bit worse. I read HERE that AMD systems actually gain up to a 9.5% performance increase on Win8.1.

If a future P3D update adds DX11.2 features, like ‘Tiled Resources’, you'll only get these features if you're using Win 8.1.

Thanks Arwen for chiming in.

I would assume that we may be able to soon be part of the gaming community who boast at times stating that they have an X% improvement running nvidia driver 9000.55x2x5c LOL.

When I update my drivers I always check the nvidia forums to read what they are saying. Of course with FSX it did not matter, since FSX was never compliant with anything really. But now, we may be able to get a little bit excited when a new driver comes out. I am still interested in knowing if the beta team or the dev's found anything at all between the 2 OS's runing V2.

Regards

Bob

This may have been mentioned before or in other P3D threads.. but can someone explain the difference between the Student version/license and the Pro one.. i've seen the comparison chart, but i'm unclear on if anything is "missing" in the student version.. do you gain more tutorials and training ability with Pro over student.. is student the same core simulator but missing certain aspects... or is it all a EULA/licensing thing.

MSI z690-a Unify; 1000 watt evga SuperNova Platinum; 12900kf at 1.255 adaptive LLC6, auto avx, auto Pcore, E-4.0ghz, Ring-4.1ghz, PL 241watt (Cine96c, games 83c case side On); DDR5 Gskill F5-6400J3239G16GA2-TZ5RS  at 6400mhz autovolt, Kraken x73 360mm; Thermaltake v51 Case; Gigabyte 4090 OC;  VR-Varjo Aero;  AstronomicallySpeaking:

This may have been mentioned before or in other P3D threads.. but can someone explain the difference between the Student version/license and the Pro one.. i've seen the comparison chart, but i'm unclear on if anything is "missing" in the student version.. do you gain more tutorials and training ability with Pro over student.. is student the same core simulator but missing certain aspects... or is it all a EULA/licensing thing.

The Academic version is identical to the Pro version, as i understand it, apart from the watermark on the screen.

The Academic version is identical to the Pro version, as i understand it, apart from the watermark on the screen.

Correct. Although to be more precise, there isn't a Pro version or an Academic version: there only is a Pro License and a Academic License! ^_^

Correct. Although to be more precise, there isn't a Pro version or an Academic version: there only is a Pro License and a Academic License! ^_^

I bet you're a joy at parties. ^_^

Thanks for the info.. slight bummer on the watermark.. but not that big of a deal i suppose.

MSI z690-a Unify; 1000 watt evga SuperNova Platinum; 12900kf at 1.255 adaptive LLC6, auto avx, auto Pcore, E-4.0ghz, Ring-4.1ghz, PL 241watt (Cine96c, games 83c case side On); DDR5 Gskill F5-6400J3239G16GA2-TZ5RS  at 6400mhz autovolt, Kraken x73 360mm; Thermaltake v51 Case; Gigabyte 4090 OC;  VR-Varjo Aero;  AstronomicallySpeaking:

Thanks for the info.. slight bummer on the watermark.. but not that big of a deal i suppose.

It is tiny, and nearly invisible. It is much less intrusive than that red X in the upper right corner of your current browser's window... :He He:

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I bet you're a joy at parties. ^_^

:p0129: :p0802: :Party:

You guys think a GTX 680 4GB FTW card will suffice. That is what I currently have. Rest of settings are in my link under the avatar.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

Eric 

You guys think a GTX 680 4GB FTW card will suffice. That is what I currently have. Rest of settings are in my link under the avatar.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

yup! That'll do just fine.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Given the choice between 780 and 780ti (price difference of $170), for 5760 high resolution tri screen and Prepar3D 2.0.. which to go with.. since the GPU is more important this go round? What do you guys think.. Maybe not much of a difference I'm guessing.

Be just fine. No wait, I own stock in Nvidia. Better buy a Titan, or two. :)

I am starting to work ou the cost of adding P3D to my current setup.  P3D plus ORBX Global plus new HD plus new video card (780)......at least $1000.  Before I make any moves will definitely be reading a bunch of reviews after it comes out.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Given the choice between 780 and 780ti (price difference of $170), for 5760 high resolution tri screen and Prepar3D 2.0.. which to go with.. since the GPU is more important this go round? What do you guys think.. Maybe not much of a difference I'm guessing.

You'd likely be a bit better off with the Ti for multiple hi-rez screens, but you'll be paying a premium price for the newest NVidia GPU for the next several months.

My new PC has an EVGA GeForce GTX 780 SC w/ ACX Cooler, which was listed as ~$660 in mid Aug., and is now selling for $530 (at NewEgg). This is a great GPU that runs cool and is very quiet . . .and it is nearly as fast as the $700, 780 Ti (G3D Mark = 8291 vs. Ti = 853). Here's a review with benchmarks (unfortunately before the 780 Ti came out, but compares with the Titan).

~ Arwen ~

Home Airfield: KHIE

I wouldn´t do it, minimal gain compared to expense:

http://www.simforums.com/forums/return-new-gtx-780-and-wait-for-gtx-780-ti_topic47726.html