Sign in to follow this  
Mazo

P3D V2.0 update is now on the Prepar3D website!

They talk about all these usage for "Training" and not personal entertainment use, but do they define what they consider as "Training"?  Where do we draw the line?

People who are serious about FS (most of us here I believe) in general can call everything we do "training", even VFR flights around scenic areas, it's part of "recovery training" you could call.  But to people outside us "playing" FS is just seeing us "gaming" and for leisure use only.

So are there clear cut definitions to what LM considers training?

PS: It's a shame it's not available for Linux :(

You won't be buying it for training, nor will most here.

You'll be buying it for simulation. See the check mark next to that under the pro license?

Simple. Any further questions should be directed at Prepar3D developers. 

That's why AVSIM don't want us to discuss P3D EULA/license stuff: It brings up some very uncomfortable questions ...

I thought that was a fair and genuine question, and by asking that shows I respect the EULA.  But if it's not encouraged, then I'll leave it there...

Brendan Chen

Learning to use and getting use to FSX!

OK, here it is again. What is not understood by this simple, clear and concise statement from Tom? What??

Posted 04 October 2013 - 12:44 PM

1.png

star_big.png
POPULAR

Any more discussion of the Lockheed P3D EULA here are banned. We have had it. If you have questions about the EULA, want more clarity, or want to arm chair lawyer jawbone it, the take it to the LOCKHEED P3D forums. They have answered the question a thousand times. If you are having angst about it, go ask them directly. Do not do it here.

Messages posted about the EULA will be immediately deleted AND the poster will be suspended. Do not go there again.

Tom Allensworth us.png

Lyn

Like anyone (except for ultra-hardcore-simmers or very wealthy individuals) are going to spend $200 on 'FSXI / FSX SP3'.

Here we go again...

Yup. Threads like this should be shut down and enforced like the EULA discussion. ALL QUESTIONS DIRECTED TO LM..   

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

Like anyone (except for ultra-hardcore-simmers or very wealthy individuals) are going to spend $200 on 'FSXI / FSX SP3'.

People spend 80 dollars for single aircraft. 

I'm gonna guess most FSXers on here can swing $199 for a new platform still being developed. 

Here we go again...

Yes, but I think to a certain degree this discussion doesn't come from out of the nothing.

There is room for misunderstanding/misinterpretation.

The frequent recurrence is for sure not caused by clear definitions presented to a "less clear" public.

So J van E really hit the nail on the head:

Everyone can use P3D for training, simulation, learning so everyone can buy the Professional license. For other licenses you have to qualify (although they leave that up to you).

That is what everyone who followed this topic thoroughly through months knows by now. But for those who didn't, the subject is as confusing in the beginning as it was for most of us...

I'm not wealthy by any stretch, And I'm not an "ultra-hardcore simmer." 

But I am honest.

~ Arwen ~

Home Airfield: KHIE

Maybe I'm not seeing something right, but with everyone abusing the Academic license, I won't be surprised if they just raise the price and drop it. I am also surprised to see so many people being openly dishonest. I would hope LM could join with what Adobe, Microsoft, and others do by requiring a validated .edu email to prove you are an academic, undergraduate student. 

Hasn't it been abused already a lot with Prepar3D 1.x? I'm sure not many in here have purchased the Professional Licence (and many won't for Prepar3D 2.0) even if they only qualify for that, and I'll have to agree with this. $200 is simply too much. You could buy a new MSFS version for $60 and get not only an upgraded engine but also new aircraft and updated scenery. In Prepar3D 2.0, $200 only gets you an upgraded engine with some more new aircraft, while still including the same 2006 scenery and old aircraft with no updates. This is why I'd prefer to see FS11 happen instead of this.

Guys

Which licence you choose is between you and LM. Publically boasting on Avsim about buying the cheapest licence even if you know perfectly well that you are not in the right category won't turn you into a hero and will also lead to a lock of this thread.

Consider yourselves warned

KInd regards

Jean-Paul

I7 8700K / Fractal Design Celsius S24 watercooling / ASRock Z370 Extreme4 motherboard / Corsair 32GB 3200mhz DDR4 / INNO3D iChiLL GeForce GTX 1080 Ti X3 / Samsung SSD 960 EVO M.2 PCIe NVMe 500GB / Seasonic-SSR-850FX power supply / Fractal Design Define R5 Black case / AOC Q3279VWF 32″ 2560x1440 monitor / Benq GL2450 24″ 1920x1080 monitor / Track-IR 4

Does PMDG NGX and 777 run in P3D?

Enviado desde mi iPhone 5S con Tapatalk Pro

José Fco. Ibáñez /// i7 6700k (Delid) @ 4,6 Ghz /// Asrock Z170 OC Formula /// 16GB RAM G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200 /// GTX 1070 Founders Edition 8GB /// LG 27UD58 4K 27' // OCZ Vertex 4 SSD (X-Plane 10) & SAMSUNG 850 EVO SSD (P3D V3) /// Windows 10 Pro x64

sig_FSL-By-Wire.jpg

Guys

Which licence you choose is between you and LM. Publically boasting on Avsim about buying the cheapest licence even if you know perfectly well that you are not in the right category won't turn you into a hero and will also lead to a lock of this thread.

Consider yourselves warned

That is the case.

........ This is why I'd prefer to see FS11 happen instead of this.

But there will NOT be a FS11. I'm sure you have been around this forum long enough to know that Microsoft have dropped the franchise TWICE now. They are out of the flightsim business and as I said last year, I think that is good for this hobby.

Does PMDG NGX and 777 run in P3D?

Enviado desde mi iPhone 5S con Tapatalk Pro

Now you just surely want to stir the pot?????  :lol:  :lol:

OK, here it is again. What is not understood by this simple, clear and concise statement from Tom? What??

Posted 04 October 2013 - 12:44 PM

1.png

star_big.png

POPULAR

Any more discussion of the Lockheed P3D EULA here are banned. We have had it. If you have questions about the EULA, want more clarity, or want to arm chair lawyer jawbone it, the take it to the LOCKHEED P3D forums. They have answered the question a thousand times. If you are having angst about it, go ask them directly. Do not do it here.

Messages posted about the EULA will be immediately deleted AND the poster will be suspended. Do not go there again.

Tom Allensworth us.png

Lyn

OK That's fair enough, not too difficult to understand if one sees it on the 4th Oct.  So I won't make anymore of related comments again now that I see it on the 20th Nov.

Brendan Chen

Learning to use and getting use to FSX!