Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

PMDG's XPlane 10 Development Fact Thread [Updated 25NOV13]

It's been 17,539,200 seconds since the last update. 

We're waiting...

None of this is going to get you any updates, guys.

You don't think they just forgot they were developing for X-Plane, do you?

I sure hope not but it is awfully quiet. I know PMDG have a reputation for working away behinds the scenes though and giving very little away until the final big announcement. I had hoped that 'in the late development stage' meant we might see something within ~6 months though so I'm a little disappointed we've heard nothing yet.

I bought the Flight Factor 757 to ease the wait for the IXEG 737 or whatever it is that PMDG is cooking. It's good... It's very good. But it just hasn't got that special attention to detail that PMDG aircraft seem to have which always makes me a bit jealous of FSX. I really hope we get something shiny to play with soon.

posted today by pdmg (copy/paste)

PMDG Development for Xplane:

We are nearing completion on our first project for Xplane!  As we have previously mentioned, this project is designed to be a development catalyst to help us learn how to work with that platform more effectively- and it has been a great exercise thus far.

We will be unveiling the project sometime in the next 60 days (estimated) and we will also announce the second project for Xplane at that time...

Manuel Merelles

PMDG Hang glider. Lol.

Edit: That was a joke. Please don't ban me!

PMDG Hang glider. Lol.

Edit: That was a joke. Please don't ban me!

Hey, it would have the PMDG magic... finger print smudges clearly visible on the handle bar  :lol:

It's probably likely to be a small uncomplicated aeroplane isn't it? How long has it been in development for?

I've pretty much gone completely cold turkey on flight sims over the last couple of months (the whole things seems very close to a racket a lot of the time!) but this is the one thing in development that keeps my interest...

It's probably likely to be a small uncomplicated aeroplane isn't it? How long has it been in development for?

I've pretty much gone completely cold turkey on flight sims over the last couple of months (the whole things seems very close to a racket a lot of the time!) but this is the one thing in development that keeps my interest...

It definitely won't be a small an uncomplicated aircraft. It'll be one of their more recent FSX products, most likely the NGX or the 777.

It definitely won't be a small an uncomplicated aircraft. It'll be one of their more recent FSX products, most likely the NGX or the 777.

I don't think so, at all...

cheers,
NiIs U.

AMD 5800X3D | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 3200MHz | RTX 4070 12GB @ 1920x1050px

I don't know about NGX or 777, but what would be the point to make a small, uncomplicated aircraft, if PMDG want this first project to help them learn how to make big, complicated airliners for FSX?

I think maybe DC-6 could be it - it's not too small, it has some systems, but not as complicated as, say 777, and there has been a curious level of silence about it for a long time. I am only wondering if they maybe wouldn't want to try something with at least basic glass cockpit. JS41 port? Could be, IMO.

Could guess dc-6 will maybe look better in x-plane. and have the development cycle early. js41 is one of pmdg oldest development so hard find out.

I don't know about NGX or 777, but what would be the point to make a small, uncomplicated aircraft, if PMDG want this first project to help them learn how to make big, complicated airliners for FSX?

I think maybe DC-6 could be it - it's not too small, it has some systems, but not as complicated as, say 777, and there has been a curious level of silence about it for a long time. I am only wondering if they maybe wouldn't want to try something with at least basic glass cockpit. JS41 port? Could be, IMO.

To learn how to code for the platform, to not take 2 or 3 years of development and to act as a catalyst of further product development. I would bet my house on it not being a 777 or ngx personally