Sign in to follow this  
DJSean00

How is it?

Set you AA up through NI if your using Nvida mine looks great now and actually gave me FPS by giving control to the drivers and not P3D. And there is a full screen.

Can you post some screenshots of the prepared graphics settings and your nvidia inspector settings? Having a tough time getting nvidia inspector to cooperate. 

Scott

KGPI

Banner_MJC1.png

Before I slam it can anyone tell me if there's any difference between the $9.99 a month and $59.99 version?

I don't know if anybody has replied this before.

The $9.99 is the developer's license. It gives you a 2 computer license key. Also you get all upgrades, including major version upgrades free of charge. I opened my account and found Prepar3D v 2.0 Professional waiting for me and ready for download.

The $59.99 version is the Academic License. Functionally speaking they are the same, but you only get license for 1 computer and only minor upgrades are free (2.0 to 2.x but not 2.x to 3.0). You also have a small watermark in the upper left corner.

The $199.99 version is the Professional License. It can be used on one computer only and has the same upgrades policy of the Academic License. There is no watermark.

Yeah, $199 is sooo expensive. I'll continue with my FSX to use my $89 777, taking off from my $49 hometown airport, will do an overfly of my city using my $99 custom Autogen and Scenery Textures, only to climb into the $55 clouds and sky themes. Yeah, $199 for the simulator I will be using for the next years using current technology is really expensive....

Alexis Mefano

10. Autogen popping is virtually eliminated .......... I smiled when I saw in the cfg file a line that says "Pop_free_autogen=1". Wish we could have had that in FSX.

Lol that made me chuckle......what section of the cfg does that line fall under 'cos i'm actually gonna put that in my fsx.cfg and see if it works!!!

Still tweakin'

Regards

Steve

ps-i am only joking!!

Yeah, $199 is sooo expensive. I'll continue with my FSX to use my $89 777, taking off from my $49 hometown airport, will do an overfly of my city using my $99 custom Autogen and Scenery Textures, only to climb into the $55 clouds and sky themes. Yeah, $199 for the simulator I will be using for the next years using current technology is really expensive....

Well right there you have saved $154 (the $99 custom Autogen and $55 Clouds themes) with your $199 purchase.

Sorry, got to page 9 and gave up reading - trying to sift the sensible stuff from the slagging from people who don't have it. Thanks for the good inputs - pity some aren't paying attention to the "get it for a month and try it".  Nobody is forcing you to get it.   Anyway, flying for an hour or so using default with everything more or less maxed, very smooth and getting 25-80.  on a 27 inch at 2560x1440 using a GTX 670 OC on a 2700K OC to 4500.  That's with Opus running as well. Second 670 waiting for 2.1 and SLI

But the reason for posting - All my Saitek panels and joysticks/yoke,  pedals etc. working fine.  That's using SPAD drivers for the panels - and yes, all controls working using FSUIPC with the FSUIPC.ini file copied over from FSX.  The switches over 32 work fine on the Saitek own control software  About to try the .xml from FSX for the FIPs as worked with 1.4.

You can get the startup screen working by going into options/general and selecting it.  Haven't yet got it to start at idle not full revs - have to blip the throttle to calm it  ;-(  

Then some photoscenery and A2A, but so far better than I expected

Edit - them cockpit shadows are something else!

pity some aren't paying attention to the "get it for a month and try it"

This is the best advice in the thread. For ten bucks, try it and see if you want to go all in or not. I've seen enough in this and other threads to question whether this is the right time to make a jump - if there's really enough substance to make it worth my while. But as Zeus pointed out, it's free upgrades for as long as your subscription remains active. Worst case, if it's a lemon, you're out ten bucks. Best case, you'll be on the bleeding edge of new releases. There's at least enough here to drop a couple of McDonalds happy meals on a 30-day test flight.

3. I'm still experimenting with the sliders, but overall performance is better than FSX on my 3570k and GTX 760.

I also have a GTX 760. What are the framerates averaging for you? Also, can you give any any useful tips or tweaks that you did to make the performance better?

Alec, on 25 Nov 2013 - 6:10 PM, said:

Well right there you have saved $154 (the $99 custom Autogen and $55 Clouds themes) with your $199 purchase.

Until you repurchase that 777, hometown airport, custom autogen and scenery textures for P3D, then your $199 purchase suddenly becomes at least $439 investment, and probably much more as P3D licenses will likely cost more. We already know it will be for PMDG products. Not saying there's anything wrong with that if that is what you want, just putting things in perspective!!

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Seems ironic that there is comparisons of FSX running now like a well oiled machine 7+ years after its release, all the while weve been whining about FSX performance and the tweaking masters degree needed, with all its addons to perk it up, and then its compared to p3dv2 with default scenery, and default everything else. 

Think open minded.  Here is P3dV2 which looks pretty good already at default, with a overhauled underlying engine, with alot of "modernization" to it under the hood, and after all that there is doubts and complaining still. Now think of the possibilities that devs can do to take advantage of all that. And since we have modern hardware, DX11, (which means Nvidia driver updates actually mean something) and a core developer who is more than willing to cooperate with customers and its addon developers, prepar3d v2 will not take long to work out all the teething issues. Not even close to 7 years. And a year ago the flight simming prognosis for the future was kinda grim. 

Ive just got the developer option for now until I can afford the pro license but I have to say its pretty smooth. Who cares about the FPS. Its smooth!  Just be reasonable with your expectations, and sliders. Push your system too hard right away, and of course your going to curse at it. Be patient. 

Is it perfect? Of course not!! to expect it to be is ridiculous. The bugs and teething have to be worked out. But this will be a fantastic next year in what we will be able to accomplish. 

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

This is the best advice in the thread. For ten bucks, try it and see if you want to go all in or not. I've seen enough in this and other threads to question whether this is the right time to make a jump... on a 30-day test flight.

The refund period is 60 days, not just 30...

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Until you repurchase that 777, hometown airport, custom autogen and scenery textures for P3D, then your $199 purchase suddenly becomes at least $439 investment, and probably much more as P3D licenses will likely cost more. We already know it will be for PMDG products. Not saying there's anything wrong with that if that is what you want, just putting things in perspective!!

Yep, which is the reason I am staying with both FSX and P3D. If products start costing more for P3D then I will most likely just drop it and go back to FSX. Lets hope that's not going to be the case though! (PMDG probably will charge a lot, so I'm not looking forward to their next offerings...)

/ CPU: Intel i7-9700K @4.9 / RAM: 32GB G.Skill 3200 / GPU: RTX 4080 16GB /

RW Freight Pilot

Well, to be fair his custom autogen and scenery textures received a free upgrade to P3D. If his hometown airport is FSDT, FB, or FlyTampa that works in P3D free of charge as well. Actually, most any airport works fine in P3D if it worked in FSX. 

But yeah, the 777 will cost him another license as that's how PMDG is choosing to handle things. 

Most developers are releasing dual installers for FSX/P3D with no extra charge going forward. 

Not had a lot of time playing with it, too busy looking after you lot lol.

However, first impressions are good, graphically seems to be half way between fsx and flight.

One thing I noticed, when it first started P3D was in window mode on my primary display (I have 2). Hitting alt+enter went fullscreen on the prim\ry. Going back to window mode I then stretched P3D to cover both displays. Hit alt+enter again and it then went fullscreen on both monitors.

I'm guessing this is going to work for 3 screens as well. Guess I'll finally be able to justify an upgrade next year. Twin Gtx 880s maybe lol!