Sign in to follow this  

No vsync: tearing spoils it all right now

No full screen? So glad I held back. Still watching, waiting. B)

Ron, am I reading this correctly? No fullscreen mode in P3Dv2?? This is unbelievable...

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

No full screen? So glad I held back. Still watching, waiting. B)

+1

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

You're not running Nvidia Inspector? I had my FSX profile linked to prepar3d.exe as well, and since v1 and v2 uses the exact same file name, it might cause trouble? Just a thought.

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

according to P3D Support  Aero needs to be enabled to get vsync to work..

.. just enabled it .. and they are right ;-)

Edit ..

WOW!!    Enbaling Aero Made My Day !!!  Go for it!

I'll try this first thing tomorrow! (Can't try it today anymore, bummer!) I do indeed have Aero off as some sort of OS-tweak... Would be really 'funny' if this is what's keeping vsync from working. I will let you all know how it goes ASAP (which won't be during the coming 20 hours, I am afraid...) If this is the solution, that will really make my day too.

-1 for requring Aero themes to get v-sync

-1 for lack of "true" full screen mode

-1 for broken anti-aliasing

-1 for bungling water

There is full screen mode! There is also the option of a new mode akin to the pseudo full screen program for FSX (makes your screen look like full screen even though it is windowed) so that you can have windows open on a second monitor.

Aero was required for FSX in windowed mode IIRC. I know I have mine set up to re-enable Aero after launch just for that reason.

I was under the impression that FSX automatically disabled Aero. I don't run Aero, just W7 Professional, Windows Classic mode and have never encountered these problems.

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Well, enabeling Aero on my rig kills performance while running P3D, so it is no solution. Back to Nvidia Inspector it seems...

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

Ron, am I reading this correctly? No fullscreen mode in P3Dv2?? This is unbelievable...

Pseudo-full screen. Visibly there's no distinction between them!

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I have someone one Teamspeak and he confirms there is a full screen mode exactly like FSX. Not pseudo, proper. So that's one objection out of the way. :smile:

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Not having any v-sync issues here. gtx780 + 331.82 drivers* locked at 40fps/vsync on

I have someone one Teamspeak and he confirms there is a full screen mode exactly like FSX. Not pseudo, proper. So that's one objection out of the way. :smile:

Not true.

Its full screen that LOOKS like full screen but as far as the OS is concerned its a window.