Sign in to follow this  
adi518

Anyone get p3d v2 to work with ezdok?

Been wondering about this one for the past few days... I looked in LM's forum and it was hinted the add-on developers will have to update it to make it compatible with p3d v2. However, it's been wait too long since any ezdok news came up.. the developer seems reluctant to reply on the forums or talk to anyone. Seems like he won't even talk to his distributors. Very unpleasant business practice, not to mention the old joke which is ezdok v2. Thing is, there's the alternative which is Opus live camera.. unfortunately, I can't find a single video where this feature is showcased, including interior cams, exterior cams, comparison with ezdok.. absolutely nothing, but maybe I'm blind?

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "MS FSX Forum" to "The Prepar3d General Forum". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.
Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums. See our image posting rules here.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.

Yes it works. I have it working. Check the developers website. You need v1.17 installed.

I could be wrong, but I thought the developer was very ill and may explain his absence.

Yes it does work. The developer has supplied a new exe file for P3D. However I believe the outside aircraft views do not work (yet).

I would have missed EZDOC. Regards

Outside views do work, just that the configuration tool does not set up the aircraft configs for you in the P3D directory; you have to do it manually. I just copied the entire section starting

[CameraDefinition.201]

Title= EZdok Arcraft Universal camera

etc

(EZdok configuration tool puts this at the end of all your aircraft.cfg files in FSX)

FROM any one of my FSX aircraft.cfg files

TO the end of any aircraft.cfg that I have installed in P3Dv2

Works for me

Rob

It works but I have to start it manually after P3D..... ?    Even though the line is in the exe file ?

thank you

[CameraDefinition.201]

Title= EZdok Arcraft Universal camera

I don't have this, just Definition.202 and this is the world camera.. Can somebody please post the CameraDefintion.201 section for PMDG 747-400X/8i?? :(

This is kinda sorta off topic, but I really wish LM would consider buying the rights to EZDOK and integrating it into the sim. The outdated default view system is in serious need of a major revamp and EZDOK has come up with a working system. Futher development (ver 2.0) seems to have ceased unfortionately. Makes me sad.

Marc,

It is also my understanding that EZdok's author is facing health issues which understandably explains his absence from the EZdok forum. And your thought about LM considering to buy the rights to EZdok is a very interesting idea if Marniftarr should never be in a position to continue working on his very creative utility.

JJ

hello gentlemen,

seeing as the author is unfortunately not in a position to work a P3D version of the tool (as was originally intended), I will confirm as well that there is an executable on the EZDok forum that does indeed hook up to Prepar3D. Made for 1.4 or 1.3, but works with 2 as well.

The external views - you will have to temporarily point the registry address for FSX to P3D. Then the config tool will go through the appropriate SimObjects structure (or, alternatively - move the P3D SimObjects temporraily into FSX folder, while you have the FSX SimObjects somewhere else. Then run the tool, and move back to P3Dv2. This works best if you have them at the same drive.)

Hmmm . . . not quite a new EXE but rather an update to the version downloaded from Flight One. The update is available from EZdok's Forum (at the top under Announcements)  and will update EZdok to version 1.17.

JJ

Sorry to drag this up but I have been searching for the past 3 days now and could not find the answer? Can you tell me how to set ezdok up for prepar3d v2? I have FSX installed as well and I updated ezdok to 1.17. Do I move it manually or how do you make this happen?

Thanks

Sorry to drag this up but I have been searching for the past 3 days now and could not find the answer? Can you tell me how to set ezdok up for prepar3d v2? I have FSX installed as well and I updated ezdok to 1.17. Do I move it manually or how do you make this happen?

Thanks

I'm interesting too, but I think it's sufficient to edit Prepar3D 2.0 exe.xml to autostart with p3d.

Can someone confirm that 1.17 is the correct workin version? I mean the updated version, not Flight1 stock that's 1.15

Folks,

YES, only v1.17 will work with any version of P3D......

I have installed it using the EMT and it did fine - with v2.2 and Hotfix, I did "not" use EMT, but I made "SURE" that I had a faux FSX.exe in my root P3d Folder - "me" thinks that's a key point.

In 99% of the cases, you have to add lines in the .xml file for EzDoc to start with P3D - IF not, then you have to manually start it with it's executable after P3d has loaded.

Make sure once installed - and PRIOR to running P3D, that you use the EzDoc Configurator to register your aircraft..........and new add-on's you must add the "Camera Definition" to the individual

aircrafts' config file.

BTW - DO NOT expect "global world cameras" to work..........they do not in Prepar3D.

Maybe this will help someone.........

Tom

Could you be so kind to write down step by step procedure to install EZCA in FSX and P3D simultaneuosly?

1) install ezca normally in FSX

2) copy the entry lines in p3d exe.xml

3) run ezca configurator

Is that all, am I correct?

• Upvote 1

Could you be so kind to write down step by step procedure to install EZCA in FSX and P3D simultaneuosly?

1) install ezca normally in FSX

2) copy the entry lines in p3d exe.xml

3) run ezca configurator

Is that all, am I correct?

Yeah if someone could confirm how to do this properly it would be appreciated

IF you're going to run both platforms -

Install to FSX, make sure the exe.xml has the info for EzDoc, run the configurator - MAKE sure you have the Camera definition file (201) placed in EACH aircrafts' .cfg file.

Install to P3D, make sure the exe.xml has the info for EzDoc, run the configurator - MAKE sure you have the Camera definition file (201) placed in EACH aircrafts' .cfg file.

AND with P3d, make sure you open notepad (don't add a thing) NAME is fsx.cfg and place it in the root folder of P3D and you're good to go.

IF you're going to run both platforms -

Install to FSX, make sure the exe.xml has the info for EzDoc, run the configurator - MAKE sure you have the Camera definition file (201) placed in EACH aircrafts' .cfg file.

Install to P3D, make sure the exe.xml has the info for EzDoc, run the configurator - MAKE sure you have the Camera definition file (201) placed in EACH aircrafts' .cfg file.

AND with P3d, make sure you open notepad (don't add a thing) NAME is fsx.cfg and place it in the root folder of P3D and you're good to go.

Thank you, what if I only wanted to run P3d?

Assuming FSX does NOT exist -

USE the identical instructions (above) for the P3D installation.  YES, make sure you have a FSX.exe (faux) in your P3D root folder.

EzDoc does NOT (for me) like to cooperate properly without it in P3D.

Tom

Ok I am completely confused now, sorry. You talk about exe.xml having some sort of info for ezdoc? What info and where do I find this file??

Sorry about all this  but I am completely lost right now. Heck I will pay the person who can clearly explain step by step on what to do please. e.g. Goto folder x -> do y , and so forth

It oo am having difficulty in understanding the process. It would nice if someone could write a short tutorial please

Qas

OK Follow those steps
1. Find the exe.xml
     You can find this file on the following path. Be sure to replace [Your User Name] with your actual name. I mean the
      name that you are using for your windows. The path is
      C:\Users\[Your User Name]\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2
2. If you don't find the exe.xml then create one by your self and put the following text

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="windows-1252"?>
<SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0">
  <Descr>Launch</Descr>
  <Filename>exe.xml</Filename>
  <Disabled>False</Disabled>
  <Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad>  
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>EZdok camera addon</Name>
    <Disabled>false</Disabled>
    <Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\EZCA\EZCA.exe</Path>
   </Launch.Addon>
</SimBase.Document>

3. If you found it then just add the following lines just before the </SimBase.Document> in exe.xml
 <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>EZdok camera addon</Name>
    <Disabled>false</Disabled>
    <Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\EZCA\EZCA.exe</Path>
   </Launch.Addon>

4. Next go to your Prepar3d game folder 

5. copy Prepar3D.exe and past it in same folder

6. Rename newly copied prepar3d.exe to fsx.exe

7. Run game using fsx.exe

8. Don't user Prepar3d.exe other-wise the EZCA will not find the game exe

Thats it.

You can see a new addon menu and you can access EZCA dialogs from there