Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AdvancedFollower

10 plausible screenshots

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

WOW! Even got bird shadows in the last picture  B) They all look amazing!

Ok now I have to reinstall. Those are pretty amazing. I stopped XPlane about 9 months ago.

The scenery I was using was not like that.

Is that stock or what is it?

Nice shots - I can not see FSX/P3d topping those.

They are more than just "plausible." They are outstanding.

Numbers 1, 6, and 10 are certainly making me rethink my reluctance to add X-Plane.

John

Thanks. Scenery is the freeware HD Mesh Scenery v2 plus some freeware airports in the south of Oregon I located via xpscenery.net. Also got some freeware cloud/sky replacements installed.

Ok, what will convert me, is if this standard of scenery can cover a large area? Being someone who regularly flies in Orbx areas such as Alaska and Pacific North West I need to find the same coverage in XP. I have to say some of the screenies are outstanding but I can't help thinking that they are just conveniently plucked from a small area. I would love to be wrong. If I can get this kind of coverage in Europe and Northern US then I could very easily be a convert. Oops, apologies, just realised this is a screenshot forum...

Ok, what will convert me, is if this standard of scenery can cover a large area?

This is default scenery (maybe with the HD mesh) so the whole globe is to this standard.

This is default scenery (maybe with the HD mesh) so the whole globe is to this standard.

:O  I'm gonna download the demo!

whoow great details.

the only thing that i didin't like is the water. it looks way too dark

Ok, what will convert me, is if this standard of scenery can cover a large area? Being someone who regularly flies in Orbx areas such as Alaska and Pacific North West I need to find the same coverage in XP. I have to say some of the screenies are outstanding but I can't help thinking that they are just conveniently plucked from a small area. I would love to be wrong. If I can get this kind of coverage in Europe and Northern US then I could very easily be a convert. Oops, apologies, just realised this is a screenshot forum...

Indeed this question would probably be better answered in the X-Plane forums :)

The HD Mesh v2 scenery covers North America and Europe. More information about coverage and links to screenshots can be found here:

http://www.alpilotx.net/

In my experience, the quality of the scenery is very consistent. The landclass is perhaps not as varied as OrbX, as their regions include a lot of hand-made edits, but it does look spectacular throughout.