Sign in to follow this  
Tony P

P3Dv2 2.1 ?

I'm not sure what I'm doing different than you, but I haven't had an OOM or VAS problem in P3DV2? (and I've got complex add-ons like FSUIPC, GoFlight EXE, GSX, FSDT, FTX, Aircraft, REX even with 32bit water, and more) ... you might want to go back to the basics, wipe out P3DV2 and then slowly start adding your add-ons back and see at what point your VAS takes a big hit. LM indicated that there are some 3rd party products that will not offload graphics to the GPU (still CPU based) and hence consuming your VAS. Humberto (Virtuali) also indicated that some of their airports will induce heavy VAS usage because they use a legacy process (he listed the ones that are more P3DV2 friendly).

I did go back to square one and reinstalled P3D2 frpm scratch and added no addons. If you check out my blog you will see the madness. With every graphics setting turned down to zero P3D2 still consumes massive amounts of VAS. What I'm seeing is that if you change a lot of settings without restarting P3D, VAS builds up.

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

With every graphics setting turned down to zero P3D2 still consumes massive amounts of VAS.

I can assure you I don't have high VAS usage with graphics settings turned down ... I know this doesn't help you given we're using different GPUs, but it's important to know that it doesn't happen to everyone.

Your GTX580 is 3+ year old graphics card but a quick google search will reveal many end users having issues with their 580 -- some issues around incorrect voltage settings by the manufacturer (1.33v instead of 1.5v).  Your high VAS issues is most likely a result of the CPU not able to offload to the GPU ... this can be either a driver issue, GPU firmware problem, BIOS/UEFI problem, or even a restriction in the BIOS/UEFI.

What's interesting about your motherboard is the LucidLogix Virtu GPU virtualization software here:

AsusMaximusIVGPU.jpg

I would uninstall or disable this LucidLogix Virtu GPU feature if you haven't already (from UEFI/BIOS also).  Also make sure you have the latest BIOS/UEFI ... I know Asus have been busy releasing new drivers and UEFI updates.  But the basic idea is that you get your system to as bare minimal as possible (remove OC, disable what you don't need etc. etc.)  and then proceed.  

Rob

Thanks a lot for your suggestions Rob!

However, my system works flawlessly with every other software, game and benchmark program I have installed, so I'm not going to mess about with it. Lucid has always been disabled in BIOS, I have up to date BIOS and drivers for all my components. Did a complete system reinstall and upgrade a few months ago (and have gotten the latest NVidia drivers). FSX and P3D1 works perfectly. My computer has never been OC'd, and never will be. I've got too much important stuff on my PC to risk a corrupt file.

I've heard from other P3D2 users having the same issue when using the menues a lot during a flight. After a while VAS piles up, and they are unable to get it down again, even when turning all settings down to zero. I started out with settings at zero (VAS 1,3), then added features one by one, then turned them down again one by one. The screenshot on my blog tells the end result. It should have been back at 1,3 - but instead stayed at 3,1.

Not saying it isn't my system, but since everything else is working like it should and have been for 2+ years, I'm not going to spend more time trying to figure it out. I'm happy in P3D1.4-land for now. Will return when v2.1 is out to see if things have gotten any better.

I've also witnessed a few other strange happenings like:

- Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library Runtime Error!  R6025 - pure virtual function call

- Three instances of P3D2 suddenly claiming the F22-Sound.dll file is missing. Goes away after a restart. Did a chkdsk to make sure my harddrive wasn't acting up, but no errors found.

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

Not at all! I have absolutly no problems with FSX ether performance or quality. V2 would have to be totally revolutionary, not just 64, in order for me to give up what Ive built. I'm not into "Gotta have new cause its new"

You need to go to the LM forum a read what Pete Dowson said about a 64 bit simulator. I would tend to trust his opinion!

Link? Can't find the post. 

.I cant afford to have a blind eye.  Im going to call it what it is a realist! All I care is what can it do for me now and I don't care to be part of the advancement of a revolution? With that believe, FSX still better meets that demand. I will be getting a refund in the next week and in the not so near future, repurchase version 2.5. ( Maybe a year?) "Never fly the A model of anything" I fly I dont test!

Well, I have to say your disappointment and frustration with P3D has been noticeable in this forum. I am thankful that I have not had your frustrations, even though I have a lower spec'd pc than you. Just goes to show how "weird and touchy" all flight simulators can be :rolleyes: . The good thing I guess is that LM will issue a refund, which, in this age is refreshing to see. 

For me,  LM has until 1/23/14 to release 2.1.  Unless things dramatically change for the better,  I will be getting a refund.  

For me, LM has until 1/23/14 to release 2.1. Unless things dramatically change for the better, I will be getting a refund.

Why tell this forum? Surely your comments are better placed on the P3D forum where they might just pull finger out to meet your timetable.

Or in fact (having now looked at your opening post), why didn't you just say in said opening post that LM has until 23/1/2014 to deliver release 2.1, do you think they will do it? I think the replies you may have received would have been quite different.

Regardless, it is good that LM will provide a refund for those hobbyists who cannot get it to work to their expectations don't you think?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Turning off FXAA will improve image quality along with nVidia Inspector settings you can get great quality AA (but at a cost of fps).

Hmm, I haven't found this yet.  Can you post a screenshot of your Inspector settings?  I typically just leave FXAA off since it is poor quality AA after what we've come to expect in FSX, and found some settings in Inspector caused such a nasty image in water textures I ended up turning all Inspector AA/AF settings to OFF or App-Controlled.

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

For me,  LM has until 1/23/14 to release 2.1.  Unless things dramatically change for the better,  I will be getting a refund.  

I couldnt wait that long. I refunded it and took the money and invested in X-Plane 10. After running the demo and using V2 for 3 weeks Ive come to the conclusion that X-Plane is the future for flight "Simmers". So Im outa here. I tried and no hard feelings. be well

So Im outa here. I tried and no hard feelings. be well

Promise? I must admit your moaning every half an hour was starting to get me down, but I also felt quite sorry for you. Your frustration was quite obvious, for all to see. Nothing ventured, nothing gained I always say and ain't it good that you can try it and get a refund if it does not work for you. Maybe some of the 3rd Party Developers need to take note (?). Have fun with XPlane 10. I am going to try it out myself in the new year (so looking forward to your comments in that forum). 

I always wonder why when people loudly proclaim they've "given up" on a game, you often find them still active in the forums for the game they supposedly gave up on. Doesn't make much sense to me. Got your refund? Congratulations. Why are you still here?

Honestly, I can't wait for all the people berating P3D and the devs to *actually* give up and leave. Then maybe those of us who are enjoying the sim and looking forward to its future can finally do so without someone constantly trying to kick sand into our cereal bowls.

It is pretty amazing that LM is offering a refund to the disgruntled.  I can't remember MS offering any refunds for FSX, or any other piece of software actually.

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

It is pretty amazing that LM is offering a refund to the disgruntled.  I can't remember MS offering any refunds for FSX, or any other piece of software actually.

Everybody is saying that P3D is not FSX, maybe that's why you can get a refund?

I always wonder why when people loudly proclaim they've "given up" on a game, you often find them still active in the forums for the game they supposedly gave up on. Doesn't make much sense to me. Got your refund? Congratulations. Why are you still here?

Honestly, I can't wait for all the people berating P3D and the devs to *actually* give up and leave. Then maybe those of us who are enjoying the sim and looking forward to its future can finally do so without someone constantly trying to kick sand into our cereal bowls.

Have you tried Orbx forums. Everybody's on the same page over there, no sand kicking in your bowl or your out, nice place to sing cunbaya, not sure but I think they have animated fire camp.

It is pretty amazing that LM is offering a refund to the disgruntled. I can't remember MS offering any refunds for FSX, or any other piece of software actually.

Imagine if MS offered refunds on Windows 8.