Sign in to follow this  
Tony P

P3Dv2 2.1 ?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Why not ask on the Lockheed Martin Prepar3d forum?

• Upvote 1

When can we expect to see 2.1 ? 

I'm 95% confident that V2.1 will be released on the interval of 2013 to 2231

You know, the question of "when will..." is quite possibly the single most pointless question anyone could possibly ask...

...given that the only truthful answer is almost inevitably "when it's ready..." :blink:

• Upvote 1

Before the Level D 757 for sure, in all seriousness though I expect it to be within a few weeks.

Edit: Follow the link posted above, WBard is keeping us updated.

Today's update (from the above link): 

Updated on 12/11: the 2.1 patch is going well, lots of issues and backcompat being worked on, will provide more information on release date when finalized. We will be doing much shorter iterations for the first few patches to more rapidly get the issues resolved out. Thanks again for all your support of Prepar3D v2!
  • Upvote 3

Today's update (from the above link):

And thank you Lockheed Martin for being so attentive and on the ball!

... it was a damn good first try!

Keep it up

Chas

Here is an even more important yet pointless question. When can we expect v64bit? 

Here is an even more important yet pointless question. When can we expect v64bit?

Well more to the point will 64 BIT be compatable with FS9 and will it work on my I phone? While on the subject I have heard that 128 bit is already being worked on. Any inside info on when it may be released and does that mean we will have to by new computers all over again??

Update: one early tester of the 128 bit tech is claiming 766 FPS ....all sliders to the right and over New York during a Hurricane.

Well more to the point will 64 BIT be compatable with FS9 and will it work on my I phone? While on the subject I have heard that 128 bit is already being worked on. Any inside info on when it may be released and does that mean we will have to by new computers all over again??

Update: one early tester of the 128 bit tech is claiming 766 FPS ....all sliders to the right and over New York during a Hurricane.

why don't they just move straight to 256 bit and boost performance to 1532 FPS?

Still nothing on AA quality.

Lots of issues may cover AA?? who knows but that may envolve some help from NVidia with the drivers?

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

:He He:

I seem to recall a post that stated they are working and in discussions with Nvidia. If that is the case, you may find that Nvidia's priorities may not have the same urgency as the developers. I might be wrong, but I am quite sure that they are not turning a blind eye to this issue. 

When can we expect v64bit?

When people stop wanting all their existing investment in FSX to magically work in P3DVx-64 ... so probably never given the resilience of those claiming to be flight sim enthusiast but not willing to pony up for it :) ... hehe ... sorry couldn't resist.

Turning off FXAA will improve image quality along with nVidia Inspector settings you can get great quality AA (but at a cost of fps).  Oddly, whenever I change nVidia Inspector settings and try to run P3DV2 right afterwards, P3DV2 crashes on startup ... a simple reboot (warm boot is fine) fixes the problem ... I have to reboot my PC, ending the application (P3DV2) doesn't seem to remove whatever caused the crash -- whatever bad it does stays resident in memory.  It's a bit of a pain, because I have to reboot my PC any time I test out nVidia Inspector settings.

• Upvote 1

I posed the question about the 64bit possibility on the LM/P3D Forum and this was one individuals reply. . ."What? So did you just wake up one morning and make that up?". 64-bit "has never" been on the table as a possibility for this release or in the near future.

I posed the question about the 64bit possibility on the LM/P3D Forum and this was one individuals reply. . ."What? So did you just wake up one morning and make that up?". 64-bit "has never" been on the table as a possibility for this release or in the near future.

64 bit is probably years away. It's been mentioned by the developers as on the road map but not right now.

When people stop wanting all their existing investment in FSX to magically work in P3DVx-64 ... so probably never given the resilience of those claiming to be flight sim enthusiast but not willing to pony up for it :) ... hehe ... sorry couldn't resist.

Agreed, but let me ask you this, since were all asking silly questions. Would you be willing to give up all your addons and start clean fresh, with the knowledge of P3D 64bit coming on Christmas day and it was all the sim we ever hoped and dreamed for?

• Upvote 2

Before the Level D 757 for sure, in all seriousness though I expect it to be within a few weeks.

Edit: Follow the link posted above, WBard is keeping us updated.

Well for once I don 't think so :blink: