Sign in to follow this  
Tony P

P3Dv2 2.1 ?

I always wonder why when people loudly proclaim they've "given up" on a game, you often find them still active in the forums for the game they supposedly gave up on. Doesn't make much sense to me. Got your refund? Congratulations. Why are you still here?

Honestly, I can't wait for all the people berating P3D and the devs to *actually* give up and leave. Then maybe those of us who are enjoying the sim and looking forward to its future can finally do so without someone constantly trying to kick sand into our cereal bowls.

Keep wondering.

But Greengriffon makes a very valid point, doesn't he? Maybe you could enlighten us as to "why when people loudly proclaim they've "given up" on a game, you often find them still active in the forums for the game they supposedly gave up on"? You certainly come to mind ..... in so many threads now.

Just ignore them.. It's amusing but nothing worth acknowledging..  

Meanwhile.. 

I'm passing Baltimore

TAXaMV6.jpg

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

I couldnt wait that long. I refunded it and took the money and invested in X-Plane 10. After running the demo and using V2 for 3 weeks Ive come to the conclusion that X-Plane is the future for flight "Simmers". So Im outa here. I tried and no hard feelings. be well

Interesting.  I must not have given XP enough of a trial.  After installing it a few weeks ago and learning enough to explore the demo it just didn't look good at all by comparison to V2.  But I agree there are some fundamental issues w/ P3D that don't bode well and I'm not sure how LM will approach these.   See my recent thread on performance issues in V2...

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

Everybody is saying that P3D is not FSX, maybe that's why you can get a refund?

Have you tried Orbx forums. Everybody's on the same page over there, no sand kicking in your bowl or your out, nice place to sing cunbaya, not sure but I think they have animated fire camp.

It's great that people can get a refund. Works on the basis "put up or shut up", (and I wish you would).

Why bring Orbx into this thread again? Go and spew your obvious hatred about Orbx in the unofficial forum here on Avsim. Get a life mate! 

So many thinking about getting into it. But it is not established yet...To start purchase addons for new sim? But who knows will LM fix all issues for simmers needs and will major manufacturers create addons - LM states this is not for entertainment. The best options is to wait and see, but feels need in flying now.

It's great that people can get a refund. Works on the basis "put up or shut up", (and I wish you would).

Why bring Orbx into this thread again? Go and spew your obvious hatred about Orbx in the unofficial forum here on Avsim. Get a life mate! 

Here is what I have from Orbx, did I put up enough? Hatred...... :lol:

Orbx - FTX: AU YMML

Orbx - FTX: NA WA79 Walter Sutton's Private Strip

Orbx - FTX: NA KORS Orcas Island

Orbx - FTX: NA WA56 Israel's Farm

Orbx - FTX: NA 3W5 Concrete Municipal Airport

Orbx - FTX: AU YBBN Brisbane International

Orbx - FTX: AU YCDR Caloundra Airport

Orbx - FTX: AU YCNK Cessnock Airport

Orbx - FTX: AU YHBA Hervey Bay Airport

Orbx - FTX: NA 1S2 Darrington Municipal Airport

Orbx - FTX: NA 7S3 Stark's Twin Oaks

Orbx - FTX: NA Blue USA/Canada Pacific Northwest

Orbx - FTX: Australia SP3 DVD (Pre Order)

Orbx - FTX: AU YMAV Avalon Airport

Orbx - FTX: AU YMML Melbourne International

Orbx - FTX: AU YPEC Aeropelican Airport (Pre-Pay)

Orbx - FTX: AU YWVA Warnervale Airport

Orbx - FTX: AU Gold Subtropical East

Orbx - FTX: AU Green Tropical North

Orbx - FTX: AU Blue Temperate South

Orbx - FTX: AU Red Central Outback (Pre-Pay)

Orbx - FTX: AU YSCH Coffs Harbour Airport

Orbx - FTX: AU YPJT Perth Jandakot Airport (Pre-Pay)

Well, did Microsoft fix all the issues with FSX? ;)  Did we still see new 3rd party products for FSX even 7 years after release and knowing Aces Studios closed their doors to the product line?  

I think the answer is rather obvious of where P3DV2.x will go and what it will be.