Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jaydor

California Highway Patrol

Chips unit Air9 was on routine air patrol over Northern California today, so enjoy the landscape..

7b9Vs.jpg

eEv.jpg

tmcfa.jpg

jdO2Q.jpg

7Twgd.jpg

8Si0O.jpg

kr8tB.jpg

MSE

hi.gif   pilotic.gif

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Is that Poncho?

LOL, it's just Ponch, unless of course your talking about Pancho Barnes. 

Thanks for correcting me. As you can probably imagine it's been a while since I have seen the show.

LOL, it's just Ponch, unless of course your talking about Pancho Barnes. 

Points for the Poncho Barnes reference. Nice work.

Points for the Poncho Barnes reference. Nice work.

Lol, thanks. Not sure how many people here know who she is. I've actually been to what's left of the old burned down Happy Bottom Riding Club at Edwards. Having seen the Right Stuff when I was a kid and being interested in that era of test flight, I just had to make the trip to Edwards years ago and find that place. Hard to believe but after all these years there's still a slab, dried out pool and a few crumbled walls left standing. Just walking around there kind of gave me goose bumps knowing that Yeager, Crossfield, Boyd, and many others aviation pioneers used to sit in there knocking a few back and telling stories. 

Lol, thanks. Not sure how many people here know who she is. I've actually been to what's left of the old burned down Happy Bottom Riding Club at Edwards. Having seen the Right Stuff when I was a kid and being interested in that era of test flight, I just had to make the trip to Edwards years ago and find that place. Hard to believe but after all these years there's still a slab, dried out pool and a few crumbled walls left standing. Just walking around there kind of gave me goose bumps knowing that Yeager, Crossfield, Boyd, and many others aviation pioneers used to sit in there knocking a few back and telling stories. 

I've never been to Edwards, but it would certainly be worth the time. Good stuff.