Who thinkest thou art better than the people thou hangest out with?  :p0305:

Oh Oh, that includes me!

I better goest..

Preach it, Brother!  :D

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

I want to come and apologize, I played around with a few more settings I did not thing of playing with in the first place.

So LM says to disable SLI, I enabled it while it is true it does not fully use SLI, both cards share a memory load between 66%-70%  and one runs the shaders.

Under graphics settings, FSAA is OFF, MSSA ON, running 2 sample but still playing around, under the scenery I maxed out all the terrain bars, the rest of the settings I kept on medium, under the shadows I kept them at low IMO they still look good I also reduced building shows and cloud showdowns down. I am still playing around with the settings, but no more fuzzy none loading items from megascenry. Also I kept the FPS at unlimited.

With Traffic set at 50% comer and 40% private, using my weather, traffic, and mega scenery I am getting 29-32FPS on the ground, looks great very happy with it. Flying over 7k feet I am 35-40FPS an over 10K feet depending on weather I am easily 120FPS. Once over 60FPS I don't really notice a difference, I have not noticed any artifacts, in fact it seemed to fix my traffic texturing loading which at times would make AI traffic black.

Going to do some flying, so far I have only used it for 30 mins like this with no errors or cashes. I am going to do a few flight and hopefully it will be stable, it seem to be anytime on any of these sims switching between windows is when things go wrong.

I want to come and apologize, I played around with a few more settings I did not thing of playing with in the first place.

So LM says to disable SLI, I enabled it while it is true it does not fully use SLI, both cards share a memory load between 66%-70%  and one runs the shaders.

Under graphics settings, FSAA is OFF, MSSA ON, running 2 sample but still playing around, under the scenery I maxed out all the terrain bars, the rest of the settings I kept on medium, under the shadows I kept them at low IMO they still look good I also reduced building shows and cloud showdowns down. I am still playing around with the settings, but no more fuzzy none loading items from megascenry. Also I kept the FPS at unlimited.

With Traffic set at 50% comer and 40% private, using my weather, traffic, and mega scenery I am getting 29-32FPS on the ground, looks great very happy with it. Flying over 7k feet I am 35-40FPS an over 10K feet depending on weather I am easily 120FPS. Once over 60FPS I don't really notice a difference, I have not noticed any artifacts, in fact it seemed to fix my traffic texturing loading which at times would make AI traffic black.

Going to do some flying, so far I have only used it for 30 mins like this with no errors or cashes. I am going to do a few flight and hopefully it will be stable, it seem to be anytime on any of these sims switching between windows is when things go wrong.

Long flights are indeed possible, you don't really need to try to hard..  I'm in the middle of one right now

5zdTw6j.jpg

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

I want to come and apologize

You sir have nothing to apologize for. Most of the rest of us are a lot less innocent imho.

I for one want to extend a warm welcome to you and hope you will enjoy your time here.

Kind regards,

You sir have nothing to apologize for. Most of the rest of us are a lot less innocent imho.

Couldn't agree with you more..  While I try my best to be as inviting and nice as possible I've had many of spells of letting frustration spill out in the way I post..  No one here is perfect. 

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

All of these sims, need figuring out and tweeking, reading the forums. To tell you the truth, I think it's half the fun ;)

It's easy to get frustrated sometime's

cheer's and Season's greeting's to all you guy's n gal's

Floyd Stolle

www.stollco.com

All of these sims, need figuring out and tweeking, reading the forums. To tell you the truth, I think it's half the fun ;)

It's easy to get frustrated sometime's

cheer's and Season's greeting's to all you guy's n gal's

I'm glad that you are enjoying tinkering with your sims but personally, I'm sick of it. All this modifying and tweaking just to get the sim a tad bit smoother and to get a couple of extra fps on PC rigs that are capable of running several copies of Battlefield at the same time (almost). Why should it be the norm? to have spend hours upon hours with all this tweaking? It's not that the hardware isn't capable, it's the software (FSX and P3Dv2 in this case) that's absolute sh*t. I'm constantly switching between X-Plane and FSX because X-Plane doesn't need such a monstrous amount of tweaking to get it to run properly and smoothly plus add-on usually don't screw up the whole installation (drag and drop install/uninstall you know) but I get tired of the generic scenery and the "dead" lakes and oceans and the "cut-off fog" that looks like utter crap above 10k feet. All the fantastic scenery add-ons for FSX just destroys almost anything X-Plane has to offer even with the HD mesh freeware. Sorry if I de-railed there a bit but I'm just so sick of tweaking and NOT flying and that's probably why I see P3D as just an incremental upgrade of FSX and not some holy grail. But I guess it's tweakers paradise right now with P3D recently so I'm glad you guys enjoy it, I just wish someone would develop and actual NEW sim that is made for modern hardware and people who wants to fly and not just edit .cfg files all day long. Phew! Happy holidays! :)

I just wish someone would develop and actual NEW sim that is made for modern hardware and people who wants to fly and not just edit .cfg files all day long.

Well, P3D 2,0 can be flown without tweaking and editing. Just as with games you may have to find your preferred settings but it can be done without editing cfg's if you don't want to. With FSX I simply HAD to edit the cfg in order to get satisfying performance but not so with P3D. I have everything set up using the options in the sim and get great performance, a lot smoother than FSX en also better looking in most regards (AA isn't yet what it should be).

Once there is a slider, there shall be tweaking. It is inevitable.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Well, P3D 2,0 can be flown without tweaking and editing. Just as with games you may have to find your preferred settings but it can be done without editing cfg's if you don't want to. With FSX I simply HAD to edit the cfg in order to get satisfying performance but not so with P3D. I have everything set up using the options in the sim and get great performance, a lot smoother than FSX en also better looking in most regards (AA isn't yet what it should be).

You are right J, I can also play Crysis 2 or 3 without any tweak at all with sliders to a medium range but I can also play these games with full sliders something you can't do with P3D with a top of the line rig. I remember before V2.0 was released, most here (and you know who you are) were saying that V2.0 would run on a medium range PC with decent perf. including their favorite add on, V2.0 was to be the best thing since beer in a can.

As addman said, V2.0 is tweakers heaven not flyers heaven, if you are a tweaker enjoyV2.0, we can all debate these points for ever but the fact remain that V2.0 was NOT ready for released, FAR from it, enjoy been a beta tester, that is the main reason why I'm sticking with FSX DX10 and I have not buy XP-10 yet, still to many things missing in XP-10 for me.

As addman said, V2.0 is tweakers heaven not flyers heaven

He said FSX was a tweaker's heaven.  I got the impression he didn't have P3D yet.

Just out of curiosity, given your opposition to the general public having access to P3D before such topics got banned at Avsim, which version did you buy?  And how did you justify it?  Or did you buy it at all?

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

As addman said, V2.0 is tweakers heaven not flyers heaven, if you are a tweaker enjoyV2.0, we can all debate these points for ever but the fact remain that V2.0 was NOT ready for released, FAR from it, enjoy been a beta tester, that is the main reason why I'm sticking with FSX DX10 and I have not buy XP-10 yet, still to many things missing in XP-10 for me.

Well, that is your subjectiveness and nothing more. Mine is this and nothing more: It is flyer's heaven to me, not tweakers heaven, although it IS fun to play around with, not out of frustration as FSX was, but to see what new visual frontiers can be had. The performance is there, right where I want it, no tweaking needed. Are our P3Dv2 versions different?         

i7-9700K, MSI Z370, PNY 4070 Super, GTX 750Ti, 32GB GSkill, 43" curved Samsung, 32" BenQ, 11" LED, RealSImGear GTN750, Win10,

P3DV5.4/P3DV6 and MSFS, several GoFlight modules, Saitek radio, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Virtual Fly TQ6.