Sign in to follow this  
TheFamilyMan

Near Miss! How far we've come....

Obviously a crude 'shop job on my part....who would have thought back then it could come to this.

Enjoy and thanks for viewing.

u4mv.jpg

• Upvote 1

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Thanks for all your feedback, it is greatly appreciated!

This composition was made as a joke for my IL-2 squad a few months ago, comparing my AC (the P51 obviously) to theirs.  I missed the point of a then-and-now theme when I made it, though that really makes better sense and hence my reason for posting it here.

The texture work is just phenomenal, and the way the light glistens off the exterior makes you really feel like you're there..  But enough about the Learjet...   :lol:

I was watching the YouTube video showing the history of Flight Simulator, posted elsewhere on the forum, and I thought about how the history of Flight Simulator parallels that of the home pc.  At least as far as showing the advances of the processing and graphics technology over the years.  Flight sim really was the Halo of its' day.  I think it's the only "Franchise" game/sim continuously produced since the birth of the pc. With every major advance in CPU tech, Flight Simulator pushed the technology to its' limits. Then we started using discreet graphics cards and it pushed those limits, too. It's been a fun evolution to watch.  I think that to many in my generation, computers aren't something we grew up with, computers grew up with us.  :smile:

Wow! The flight simulator have came in a very very long way!

I find the history of Microsoft flight simulator so fascinating how much have changed and improved.

Do you all remember sublogic A.T.P.? It was the best simulator.