Sign in to follow this  
Nathan3219

Razbam Metroliner Released

I shelves this plane cause I also have the comm bug

Hi Ryan,

if you fly on Vatsim, you can use the .com1 command in vPilot or SB4 to set a correct frequency.

Peter

Hi Folks,

It seems I've seen this plane on more than one person's list for "the worst plane ever bought"... It seems some of you folks have taken a serious liking to it (39 pages of discussion) and done quite a bit of work... Little regional turbo-props are right up my alley - in addition - had a buddy flying these for some US defense contracting company out west - so - with all the fixes would this rate "it's a GOOD buy for P3D" or is it more trouble than it's worth ???

Thanks...  

Regards,
Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Hi Folks,

It seems I've seen this plane on more than one person's list for "the worst plane ever bought"... It seems some of you folks have taken a serious liking to it (39 pages of discussion) and done quite a bit of work... Little regional turbo-props are right up my alley - in addition - had a buddy flying these for some US defense contracting company out west - so - with all the fixes would this rate "it's a GOOD buy for P3D" or is it more trouble than it's worth ???

Thanks...  

Regards,

Scott

The mods are needed to make the package almost bug free and fun to fly. I personally did not fly it much, only because it is missing the simple ability to create flight plans using a gps or flight management computer. My traffic program does not like me using the menus, so having to go up and load a new plan after each leg is not ideal. There is even a freeware gps that can be fitted into any cockpit by developers would have been great to have that fitted in the Metro package. And Razbam are taking a year break from flight sim development, was looking forward to the EMB-120.

Thanks for your insights - LOL - flew the wings off Cantu's EMB-120 in FS9 - that would be high on my list as well...

Regards,
Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Hi Folks,

Thanks...  

Regards,

Scott

You can't really beat the price right now either. $10.

I've been flying the Metroliner exclusively for the past three weeks. I love the way that it handles, the cockpit has a lot of character, and it's really easy and quick to jump in and cold start. It's great for those one- to one-and-a-half hour flights, which is about all the time that I can afford to flight sim these days.

I'm surprised that people have assigned it to a "worst plane bought" list; perhaps these people haven't taken advantage of the excellent mods. Anyway, to answer your question, it is a good buy--definitely worth the trouble installing the mods (which are not that difficult to install, really). 

Joel Murray @ CYVR (actually, somewhere about halfway between CYNJ and CZBB) 

Another quick question for you guys. Am i correct in that the plane doesn't follow the GPS course and you just adjust the heading yourself? Thats what I have been doing. Just wanted to make sure.

Thanks! :D

IIRC the default autopilot does not have a NAV button so you can't set it to follow either a GPS or a VOR course that way.  However since it is just a skin on default FS autopilot, you can still activate the NAV function using the keyboard shortcut (control-N, unless you've changed it).

Alternatively you can install one of the autopilots in my mod.

With the modded autopilot, the plane will definitely follow the GPS course. Without the mod, I can't quite recall, as I've had the mods for a long time, but I don't think so.

Joel Murray @ CYVR (actually, somewhere about halfway between CYNJ and CZBB) 

Am i correct in that the plane doesn't follow the GPS course and you just adjust the heading yourself?

Correct. I haven't used the mods that fix it, I just accepted that I have to fly this plane like in the 70s. You know what? It's a lot of fun :)

Peter

Regarding the modifications and FSXSE...(for RupertL).

1. You might need to use the manual installation version for XMLTools (see link below) if you have FSXMS and FSXSE installed side-by-side as the XMLTools autoinstaller might get confused. Read the enclosed readme for installation instructions.

http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/resources/xmltools-2-0-xml-expansion-module-for-fsx.148/

2. The only difference between FSXMS and FSXSE is the location of the main FSX folder:

[Parent drive/folder]\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\FSX

Within the main FSX folder, everything is the same as it was in FSXMS.

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

Bjoern, thanks a lot for your work and others to make this plane better. I´d ask if there is a specific post or topic where we can access a compilation to all fix and improvments to this plane. That´s because there is a lot of them and looking at all posts, we might forget one or two and lose an important fix.

Nice work and again, thanks a lot!

Flavio Cardoso - P3Dv4.5 HF3

Win 10 Pro 64Bits - i74960X 4.5ghz - ASUS Rampage IV Black Ed. - Corsair H150i Platinum - 32gb  Ripjaws Z - ASUS RTX 2080 SUPER SC - MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics

The manual for my modifications has an entire chapter dedicated to other people's mods with links.

And my modifications can be found on my homepage.

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

All right! Thanks for the directions.

Flavio Cardoso - P3Dv4.5 HF3

Win 10 Pro 64Bits - i74960X 4.5ghz - ASUS Rampage IV Black Ed. - Corsair H150i Platinum - 32gb  Ripjaws Z - ASUS RTX 2080 SUPER SC - MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics