Sign in to follow this  
Nathan3219

Razbam Metroliner Released

I've said a few posts back that I've suddenly lost the annunciator illumination (and as it turns out all exterior and interior lights). Well, I got them back, but the solution is so silly that it hurts.

In order to make the Metro more compatible with ATC, I've altered the "atc_type =" and "atc_model =" lines in the aircraft.cfg. Turns out that these are used to verify plane integrity or whatdoIknow. Reinstated the originals and the plane illuminates like a christmas tree again.

For reference, the original lines are:

atc_type  = Fairchild Aircraft
atc_model = Metroliner III

What in the everlasting f, Razbam...?

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

I've fixed a NWS bug in my mods to ensure that hydraulic pressure is present and that the switch is in "ARMED" position before you get assisted steering.

Also, there's some code to subject prop RPM control via keyboard to the same "not less than 70%" limit that is used by the VC levers. Feathering is still possible though.

Link, as usual:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6K_xiE2GqmMa3V1SWZtcUJLWFE/view?usp=sharing

Upgrade:

Replace "RM3_Custom_BK.xml"

Greetings all! First off, thanks to the modders and all the folks who have contributed to the discussion. Certainly is interesting reading. I haven't tried any of the mods yet, but plan on giving them a try on my upcoming days off. I really do like this airplane!

One thing I'm not too fond of are the exterior lights (navs, strobes), they appear to be overly large. Has anyone setup the Shockwave lights on it? I have them but am unsure of how edit the aircraft cfg to get them installed. If anyone has and is willing to share that section of the cfg I would certainly appreciate it!

Regards,

Scott

"...now let's get this thing on the hump - we've got some flyin' to do!" ~ Major Kong from "Dr. Stranglove"

Scott Cebula

Hello

Does anyone hapen to know if there is a flight director incorporated in the autopilot?

Thanks

Csaba

Hello

Does anyone hapen to know if there is a flight director incorporated in the autopilot?

Thanks

Csaba

There is not. Very rudimentary AP. 

Hans Soule

Decided to get the paintbrush out and repaint one of the Key Lime variants.  Work in progress - still trying to wrap my head around their paint kit.

gjmzzs1.jpg

where can I find this beautiful repaint?

I am requesting BinAir repaints

Let me join you in this request.

That would be awesome for us European fliers.

May I ask what program you use for such professional looking doc?

Libreoffice. But that's not really important, as it's the layout settings that count.

I have all the mods and it is working fine, also the replacement gps earlier in this thread. But I cannot figure out how to build a flight plan with it. Does it only take the loaded flight plan from fsx and display that? I can't create a flight plan? Also my switch sounds are not working but I will go back and check if it is something I missed.