Sign in to follow this  
Nathan3219

Razbam Metroliner Released

Your CDI seems to have full deflection at 5 degrees. Is it possible to fix this?

Fixed.  Download and install the latest CAB file from the usual link.

... analog HSI and RMI ...

The VC model only permits replacing existing XML gauges (and there aren't that many of them).  So the RMI is out, although an analog HSI matching the artificial horizon could be fitted instead of the EHSI.  Control would still be through the existing knobs however, and all the other buttons would be inoperative, so I'm not sure how much you would gain by this.

the Bendix AP with VS and can't capture the GS

True.  This is the Razbam system gauge forcing the autopilot to match the VC switch settings, which gave me a lot of trouble with the other autopilot.  Since the VS autopilot is supposed to be a simple replacement I'm not inclined to do the same here.

There is a simple work-around though, just disable the alt hold mode (press the "alt arm" button on the alerter or the autopilot) say a half dot above the GS.  If you've been in alt hold for some time, the aircraft should be trimmed to fly level and will then capture the GS.  Think of it as confirming you want to capture the glideslope - then it's a feature, not a bug!

About the controls of the hsi That wouldn,t be a problem, I tried to replace the ehsi with the default caravan hsi ( is the only one with glide slope indication) and works ok, but it doesn,t look good, (small, and too grey)

Hi Brian, if you open the aircraft.cfg and scroll down to the [Autopilot] section, you can change the default VS value to something else.

Thanks Craig. That solved the issue.

Izamm- I followed your instructions to capture the GS with the Bendix. I disabled the "alt arm" button on the alerter. It will now capture the GS but won't maintain it automatically. I must interact to keep the GS indicator at the appropriate place. As always, I capture the GS from below, allowing the indicator to descend, capturing the LOC first. Setting flaps, throttle, airspeed not to disrupt the AP.

If someone would care to run a test to see if their getting the same results ( or is it just me) that would be great. Has anyone had any luck getting the KAP 140 to capture and maintain the GS ? I'll try that next if I can't resolve the Bendix issue.

This AC has turned out to be one of my most liked add on's. Thanks everyone.

Fixed.  Download and install the latest CAB file from the usual link.

The VC model only permits replacing existing XML gauges (and there aren't that many of them).  So the RMI is out, although an analog HSI matching the artificial horizon could be fitted instead of the EHSI.  Control would still be through the existing knobs however, and all the other buttons would be inoperative, so I'm not sure how much you would gain by this.

Dear Izamm,

Thank you very much for the quick reply!! HSI is working perfectly now! I've tried to replace the HSI with Carenado's Seneca HSI and although the results were quite good, as you've said, there's no way to insert an RMI in that blank space left of the HSI, so it would be useless to lose VOR2 and ADF 2 indications. 

Another question. I like to fly the plane " by the numbers" . Do you, or does anybody here have the real world  SA227 flight manual, showing the flight patterns, power settings/configuration and speeds for climb, cruise, descent, downind leg/radar vetors/ILS outbound/procedure turn/ILS final, as well as the correct go-around technique for this great aircraft? 

Have a nice day and nice Metroliner flights! 

Paulo

Hi Izamm,

i really like the kap150 stype ap, cws is really nice.  

would it be possible to make an vc announciator like what you did for the 140?  

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS

It will now capture the GS but won't maintain it automatically.

Don't expect too much from the metro's autopilot. Razbam clearly state that they don't intend their model to be flown with it and if you look at the [autopilot] section of the aircraft.cfg you'll find most of the numbers equal to those of the default Baron.

Tuning the AP properly is not for the faint-hearted, but I just randomly upped some numbers as follows:

gs_proportional_control      =    15.0        // was 9.520
gs_integrator_control        =    0.5        // was 0.260
gs_derivative_control        =    1.5        // was 0.000

and got somewhat better results. Still tends to nose-dive at around 500 feet but you really should be manual before then anyway.

would it be possible to make an vc announciator like what you did for the 140?

Why not?  Check out the latest version (same link)

Hi Izamm,

Perfection.  Thanks for all of your work upgrading the metro!  

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS

Izamm is fast becoming a Razbam Metroliner 'modding legend!   :smile:

(alongside Boern of course).

I'm so grateful for the improvements you have both take the time to give us.

Don't expect too much from the metro's autopilot. Razbam clearly state that they don't intend their model to be flown with it and if you look at the [autopilot] section of the aircraft.cfg you'll find most of the numbers equal to those of the default Baron.

OK. I'll give the modified values a try. I always try and get as much out of these add on's as I can. But interested in keep it real as well. As always, we all appreciated your efforts in making the Metro a great add on.

Best,

Brian

Many many thanks to 'lzamm', Björn, and 'kdfw__' for making this add-on one of the most enjoyable and immersive in FSX. And not to forget Razbam for a good platform in the first place even if support is a little sparse (IMHO they are spread too thin). There was talk of an updated sound pack a while ago....... :Whistle:

best regards

Rick Canham

Sweden

small update to one of the vc texture sheets, window gaskets.

Thanks very much.......keep up the great work.. :smile2:

best regards

Rick Canham

Sweden