Sign in to follow this  
Jim Young

AVSIM Internet Connection

Yes I agree Jim.  To what do we attribute this to?  Less users, servers re-architected, quantum uncertainty?  It is markedly better than it has been for sure today.

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

Yea it does seem a little more snappy today. Must be the alignment of the planets. B)

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

Yes I agree Jim.  To what do we attribute this to?  Less users, servers re-architected, quantum uncertainty?  It is markedly better than it has been for sure today.

Voodoo. I hired some guy with orange hair and dread locks to throw bones every three hours in the cage at the COLO site. I had a bugger of a time getting the security folks to let him by-pass the retina reader...

Voodoo. I hired some guy with orange hair and dread locks to throw bones every three hours in the cage at the COLO site. I had a bugger of a time getting the security folks to let him by-pass the retina reader...

Tom, what about hiring some guy to re-arc the system?  How much would it cost to pay for this if you didn't have a volunteer MYSQL wiz available?  Maybe you could launch a new initiative w/ just this task, and use the classic thermometer graphic to show where you are at towards meeting the financial goal?

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

I believe volunteers have approached him.

Cheers!

Luke

Luke Kolin

I make simFDR, the most advanced flight data recorder for FSX, Prepar3D and X-Plane.

I believe volunteers have approached him.

Approached Tom?  Or the thing in the cage?

Voodoo. I hired some guy with orange hair and dread locks to throw bones every three hours in the cage at the COLO site.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Tom, what about hiring some guy to re-arc the system?  How much would it cost to pay for this if you didn't have a volunteer MYSQL wiz available?  Maybe you could launch a new initiative w/ just this task, and use the classic thermometer graphic to show where you are at towards meeting the financial goal?

We are working on that and have been for about the last month. We have a pair of experts that we have hired that should be working on the system in the coming weeks. We will have to pay them, and that's okay. I just don't know how much at this point. Our hardware is great and fully capable of addressing our loads for a long time to come. It's the optimization and architecture that we need to have updated. We're getting there.

Can I use the troll to answer support questions when you're done with 'em?? :biggrin:

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Can I use the troll to answer support questions when you're done with 'em??

So YOU are the volunteer......

We are working on that and have been for about the last month. We have a pair of experts that we have hired that should be working on the system in the coming weeks. We will have to pay them, and that's okay. I just don't know how much at this point. Our hardware is great and fully capable of addressing our loads for a long time to come. It's the optimization and architecture that we need to have updated. We're getting there.

Tom. 

I am remiss.  The system-generated information in my profile says I have been a member here for 10 years and 3 months plus.  However you had a major system failure of some kind shortly before that time span that upon coming back up reset the clock on that.  I have been around a few years longer than that.  Now.  In all that time I cannot recall making a financial contribution to support this site. I tonight apologize.   I am also the owner of a classic British sports car and I have for 9 years now contributed to support a robust site that for that endeavor provides a robust community of owner/members that rivals this site.  So tonight I am repenting for my sin in neglecting this site and am making my first contribution.  It is significant in regard to my fixed income, but it is long over due.  I hope others reading this might make the same gesture of support.

Regards and support,

Frank P

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

So tonight I am repenting for my sin in neglecting this site and am making my first contribution.

Frank, it has been received and I have sent you an email. Thank you sir!

Our hardware is great and fully capable of addressing our loads for a long time to come. It's the optimization and architecture that we need to have updated. We're getting there.

Gr8, thanks for the update.

Noel