Sign in to follow this  
dejavu1953

Only PMDG may build the new ATR-72-600

Come to Dublin,(Ireland).you'll see lots there :)

I'd love to go there.  Though a majority of my family history is from Norway and Denmark, my last name came over from Ireland, so there's some Irish in there as well.  It would be cool to take a look at my roots there, though I'd have to figure out where that part of the family is from, exactly...haha.

Kyle Rodgers

Absolutely no plans to make an ATR, sorry.

Dang Ryan, Im still waiting on that Sopwith Camel. :)

Yeah, you don't see ATRs in the US anymore.  The only time I've seen them is when they flew in to DFW but now AE has moved them to the Carribean.

As far as I know no other modern turboprop comes even close ATR/Dash 8 in numbers produced and flying today.

I'd say that is an accurate assessment, considering those are the only two commercial turbo-props even made today.

I'd say that is an accurate assessment, considering those are the only two commercial turbo-props even made today.

Not quite, but certainly not anything since the time of An-24 was made in such a scale.

I'm still waiting for the Dash-8 Q200/300 they have on standby - those are more common around the world. 

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but I link you have misinterpreted what PMDG mean by making a "Dash 8" It's a joke that many don't get. What they are actually making of course is the 747-8i (get it? DASH EIGHT)

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but I link you have misinterpreted what PMDG mean by making a "Dash 8" It's a joke that many don't get. What they are actually making of course is the 747-8i (get it? DASH EIGHT)

There was the -8 joke you said, but the Dash 8 was actually planned to be developed, but unfortunately has been put on indefinite hold. (Source: http://forum.avsim.net/topic/411903-pmdg-dash-8-development/?p=2720256)

sig1.png
sig2.png

I'd love a good SF34.  Used to handle those with UAX at IAD for a little while.

Bump people before bags!

Brendan R, KDXR PHNL KJFK

Type rated: SF34 / DH8 (Q400) / DC9 717 MD-88/ B767 (CFI/II/MEI/ATP)

Majestic Software Q400 Beta Team / Pilot Consultant / Twitter @violinvelocity

some people want PMDG to make ALL TEH PLANEZ!!!!1!!11!!oneeleven!!1

I'd say go for A 707, 717, 727, 737 classic, 747 classic, 757, 767, 787, E120, E135, E145, E170,E190, Fokker 50, Fokker 70/100,Dash 8, DC-10, DC-8. And if they decide to develop anything else? Fine, I'd buy it anyway.  :lol:

sig1.png
sig2.png

Bump people before bags!

haha - so true, though, and we did it pretty often.  I actually got called over to stand between an FA and an irate passenger until the cops got there because he punched her after she told him that he would need to take the next flight (weight/temp issues).  That was fun... <_<

Interestingly, it ends up being cheaper to delay the person than it does the bag, so that's why they do it.

Kyle Rodgers

haha - so true, though, and we did it pretty often.  I actually got called over to stand between an FA and an irate passenger until the cops got there because he punched her after she told him that he would need to take the next flight (weight/temp issues).  That was fun... <_<

Interestingly, it ends up being cheaper to delay the person than it does the bag, so that's why they do it.

I have "fond" memories of July when I had an engine running, dripping with sweat over my W+B worksheet and SEE-GEE calculator telling the gate agent "no no, just 2 bags and we're good. Not 4 passengers!" 

Brendan R, KDXR PHNL KJFK

Type rated: SF34 / DH8 (Q400) / DC9 717 MD-88/ B767 (CFI/II/MEI/ATP)

Majestic Software Q400 Beta Team / Pilot Consultant / Twitter @violinvelocity

i hope PMDG can make an ATR 72-600, because its not many good ATR aircraft for fsx :( 

Holy thread revival Batman!!

True that...dug real deep to find this one.

Brian A. Neuman

Proud simmer since 1982 using the following simulators: Sublogic Flight Simulator 1 and 2. Microsoft Flight Simulator 4.0, 5.1, FS95, FS98, FS2000, FS2002, FS2004, FSX (and unfortunately Flight!). Terminal Reality Fly 1 and 2. Sierra Pro Pilot, Looking Glass/Eidos/Electronic Arts Flight Unlimited I, II and III, Laminar Research X-Plane 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11, FS Aerofly 2, Lockheed Martin Perpar3D 2.X, 3.X, 4.X and 5.X and Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020). Not to mention numerous combat simulators and games related to flight that I have played with over the years.

System: Intel I7-7700K-Water Cooled, 32GB Ram, GTX 1080Ti, 500gb SSD, 1TB HD and dedicated 1TB and 2TB SSD's for Flight Simulators