Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

19JAN14 - 777-300ER and 777-200LR/F SP1 Update

I will wait as long as it takes. I dont care about release dates. I care about the quality of the product and the calibur of bug testing. Some other people on here should consider stop talking about the developers like they are under deadline or something. They dont really have to show or confirm anything to anyone.

In most cases I would tend to agree with you . However, in this case customers have bought a product in good faith and for a lot it doesn't work. So they are under an obligation to fix it with sp1. If you are talking about the 300er then you are right they are under no obligation.

Tony S

Hello,  Here is a bit of a poser.  I, and those like me, who have no problems with the 777, i.e. OOMS Freezes etc., what is the SP1 going to fix.  Richard Welsh.

I have not had any problems with the 777.

I have not had any problems with the 777.

You have but you didn't know it.

Trim, who mentioned trim?

Wasn't me. :Whistle:

Martin, The airplane trims fine does what it is supposed to do.

Don't get him started on the trim issue Jamie  I havn't got my popcorn from the shop yet, Martin give me time will ya :P

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Martin, The airplane trims fine does what it is supposed to do.

Do a search. If I mention it it's likely to cause the very atoms that compose the forum to be subjected to such pressure, such temperature, that we ignite thermonuclear fusion.

Don't get him started on the trim issue Jamie  I havn't got my popcorn from the shop yet, Martin give me time will ya :P

I didn't mention it Pete, there must be some mistake. Some kind of forum bug or something. Are you sure it wasn't you? :Whistle:

Hello Luke,  The point I was trying to make was if I have no problems with the 777, what is the SP1 going to fix for me.  Richard Welsh.

To be honest guys, I will agree with some of you here on the fact that product and updates are coming too slowly for my liking.

I really thought of something when Robert (at the Munich conference) said that PMDG are releasing complex airliners too slowly and it was in PMDG's best interest to build a NGX 'platform' to then quickly build addons on top of it. This hasn't happened at all.

Now, with this in mind, we have no time frame and it has been 6months since the release. 

Another question is that of planned product timelines, and I still cannot understand why this information is under lock and key that keeps getting sidelined. What is happening with the:

777-200er

777-200/A/B 

737 NGX Update

Is it plausible idea to hire more staff to complete this process quicker?

This is my opinion guys, that is all, no flame.

Alex

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

Alex I will go ahead and agree with you on what you stated through your entire post.

Tony

Hello Luke,  The point I was trying to make was if I have no problems with the 777, what is the SP1 going to fix for me.  Richard Welsh.

Sorry for misunderstanding you, my fault. I suppose that it won't really do anything for you (or fix bugs that you haven't yet discovered in your simulator).

Yes it will, trim will function how it does in the real aircraft. You may also discover that hand flying is somewhat changed due to the FBW tweaks. New features will also be added, like the capability to overide the auto thrust on final.

Why not read the pinned issue tracking thread and decide for yourself.