Sign in to follow this  
Jeff H

FS 9.95 never looked so good.

Grass is always greener on the other side!

Did Airbus and Boeing consciously decide to ape the other's wing treatment, and try to go one better??

Project Airbus A320 "Sharklet"

ug3uVX.jpg

Sorry Ted, that's not a scimitar winglet, THIS is a scimitar winglet

TDS B737 MAX 9 

G4xgoj.jpg

Gorgeous 737 model by TDS; I'm curious as to which airport you've captured it at.  Can't quite place it.

John G.

It's at Taxi2gate's Orlando KMCO

6RgBHQ.jpg

It is rather nice, especially when you've hung on all the wonderful freeware bits available to us!

The nosewheel contact point needs a little adjusting I see... 

Thanks Jon... no, I use the freeware "fs2004_tds_b737ng_panel_project" by Ken Wigginton

I'll also add some other thingslike the flaps contrail effect that Edetroit taught us on the previous round. 

I have a brilliant CFM56 soundtrack too, found in my archive from I know not whom! It may not quite be the CFM LEAP noise this one has, but does the job for now.

Hi WingZ,

do you have recommendations for sound & panel for the Airbus? Although I probably will not turn towards the sidestick fraction it would be interesting for me.

Here in Middle Europe the GA season slowly comes to an end...

141006A36LHGY3_zpsbbb71f2c.jpg

141006A36LHGY4_zpsb5c81d88.jpg

141006A36LHGY9_zps489a492a.jpg

141006A36LHGY13_zpsc4f10e2b.jpg

Regards, Harald

Harald Geyer
   Gründer der Messerschmitt Freunde Dresden v. V.

lYI9iQV.jpg

Harald, this is Pipishégy LHGY by Tamas and Peter Szabo, right? One of my favorite GA airstrips!

Sascha

Yes Sascha, it's that LHGY - heavily covered in this thread already, but I always come back there when flying GA. Actually, the pictures are taken at a trip to Budapest Budaörs to fuel up the plane.

141006A36LHGY11_zps2d29d719.jpg

Harald Geyer

lYI9iQV.jpg

Ah ok. Sweet.

Was the CFM sounds downloaded from here? I have a pretty good one I use on the ifly when I want to here that cool engine whine that isn't heard with iFly's sound.

There's a sound file here from Kriss Armstrong, which is quite a good one.

I see the one I installed comes from the Ariane 737NG, the only bit surviving that rather unfortunate installation! 

NB!!! The Ken Wigginton panel I quoted above wants to overwrite the stock FS9 GPS gauge with something that doesn't work for me! I had to go to a backup install to recover it.

Hi WingZ,

do you have recommendations for sound & panel for the Airbus? Although I probably will not turn towards the sidestick fraction it would be interesting for me.

Here in Middle Europe the GA season slowly comes to an end...

Nice shots, Harald. I've just returned from a month in southern Europe, beautiful weather (Except for poor Florence: an hour after I left, they were pounded by melon-sized hailstones which destroyed the vineyards). Now if Auckland would realise it is spring after all, my suntan will start looking like a permanent feature! 

I generally can't identify the origins of my sound and panel files, as I have modified them over time, and they are simply filed as e.g. "A320 CFM56." 

However you can't go wrong with any of Christoffer Petersen's sound files I have found.

And there are any number of panels in the libraries... depends on your requirement of complexity I suppose.

Perhaps others can recommend, if you state your needs?  

Harald I've just returned from a month in southern Europe

Oh, we could have met in Italy, I spent a week in Bozen/Bolzano...

My question came rather after wondering about these panel- and soundless PA models. I will search myself first as soon as I really need to. Thanks!

Harald Geyer

lYI9iQV.jpg

You could have come down to Venice, and been overrun by papparazzi at the Clooney wedding (I left, again just in time)

Actually putting together a freeware Airbus panel can be a rewarding experience, there is a huge amount of freeware FS9 stuff available for plundering. Perhaps a nice distraction on those long winter nights ahead.. :)

UUEE... almost a swearword in FS9 parlance!

What a shame this scenery hangs, crashes, and just generally won't co-exist with anything else in the sim!

I dropped 11 Euros on a special reduced price sale of this, thinking I might fiddle with it until something gave way.

It worked long enough to grab a few shots...

cOhLVH.jpg
esvEuZ.jpg
qrn8Cs.jpg
pRieuG.jpg
HJ9agF.jpg

Can nothing be done to rescue this scenery???

UUEE... almost a swearword in FS9 parlance!

Can nothing be done to rescue this scenery???

it certainly looks seriously awesome! Maybe there is just too much going on for FS9? I wonder if it were possible to completely empty the scenery folder and then just add one bgl after the other.

You should be able to find the breaking point with some luck. I use this procedure for troublesome airports and usually end up with a version that works!

Cheers,

Sascha

I wonder if it were possible to completely empty the scenery folder and then just add one bgl after the other.

I did so. Unfortunately, there's no "very file" that causes the low FPS. Airport details, lights, buildings alltogether contribute to them. I got, however, significant better frames by installing the scenery without approach lights.

Harald Geyer

lYI9iQV.jpg