Sign in to follow this  
Jeff H

FS 9.95 never looked so good.

I simply adore flying in New Zealand in FS9. It's a beautiful place. It's on my bucketlist in the real-world, too... for a galaxy of reasons. It's thoroughly worth making an effort to track all the pieces down... I'm afraid I made myself a bit of a pest in that regard, but I certainly don't regret it!

Most of Lawrie's sceneries are up at flightsim.com now, as is a kmz file I did as an index to what's available.

Thanks for the HU, those were the sceneries I meant.

I'm using WOAI and haven't done anything special, so sorry, can't help you there.

Thanks.  Been meaning to replace my UT with WOAI for a while now.  Maybe it's the way UT was coded since you didn't do anything special to get the lights in WOAI while at the gates.

It's been a while since I went and got a scenery, filled it up with appropriate WOAI planes, added AES, and filed the flightplan across largely unknown territory.

Inspired by neumanix post above, my Paro scenery finally got an origin pair in Mumbai!

The weather doesn't seem to have changed much...

5Qz8g7.jpg

Thai Creations Mumbai is a pretty competent scenery, nothing to make your pulse race, but does the job.

arsUIp.jpg

9dd9rE.jpg

What it does do, is give you a chance to see some pretty exotic airliner liveries!

ZelO3i.jpg

At the Paro end of the journey, 15,000ft ensures you don't get tangled up in the local topography

aPtq8T.jpg

There's a nice Youtube clip about this approach

You first overfly the airfield

QyZVlV.jpg

Then you go clockwise round the mountain, and backtrack visually with a final turn onto the runway. Actually, in these conditions, you divert, but I put it down anyway.

PIFqqm.jpg

Luckily the TDS model turns on a dime so you drive back the way you came.

tKwK6D.jpg

There's not a great deal of other traffic, so you can hog the whole little airport with your big Boeing

aOnqLk.jpg

It's not always empty there, and not always bad weather.

131102B727VQPR6_zpsa8653dbb.jpg

Once I had a very impressive flight to Lhasa from there. Three engines give definitely a better feeling on routes like this.

131101B727ZULS8_zpsaf12d27e.jpg

131102B727ZULS1_zps85fd8fa2.jpg

And further away...

131109B727VVNB1_zpsce8b923e.jpg

131121B727UTDD3_zps5db1a7cd.jpg

Harald Geyer
   Gründer der Messerschmitt Freunde Dresden v. V.

lYI9iQV.jpg

It's the Paro Scenery by ThaiCreation. Can't answer your question regarding atc - I just ignored it when flying the approach; the "relaxed atc" enhancement may have been helpful. Look here in post #15

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/374310-how-do-i-edit-atc-instructions/?hl=+relaxed

By the way there is a nice freeware for Paro:

http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=142923

Harald Geyer
   Gründer der Messerschmitt Freunde Dresden v. V.

lYI9iQV.jpg

Excellent shots.  FS9 looks so realistic when you lower the visibility

Groovin', I do what the real world weather does to me... sometimes as in real life, this can be a pain.

I will go back to Mumbai when it's sunny.

Nice clear shot at Paro, Harald!

A good area to show off your flap vortex, eh?

Lhasa - of course, we've been there... there's a nice triangular high-altitude flight to be made: VTPX/ZUNZ/ZULZ

Interesting comment about the "relaxed ATC" which I have now found, and will definitely try.

10 years on in this sim, and there's stuff you never tried  :Thinking: 

Lovely set WingZ! :Applause:

I love Harald and his 727….I'll be taking a look at this aircraft soon. :BigGrin:

A shot from my latest video. B)

fsscr177_zps0d5cd6ef.jpg

WingZ,

That Mumbai add on from Thai Creations looks great.  I need to fly around that part of the world.  For the past 2 years I've only been doing North America and Europe.

Edetroit,

Excellent work! :Applause:   Your external shots in that vid looks real.  Don't know if you're into TSS sound sets, but they recently released one for the L-1011.  Just a heads up.  I think the Delta and Air Canada liveries look best on the 1011. 

That is one awesome panel, Ed.

Thankyou Jon,

Working on my RAF panel config now for my last L10 video flight from the Azores to Bermuda. I'll be taking another Tristar and three Tornado's with me. B)

MAIW AI Tornado's are just incredible.

fsscr183_zpsc6345106.jpg