Sign in to follow this  
Jeff H

FS 9.95 never looked so good.

A shot from my latest video.

If you don't advertise, nobody will know... B)  Very nice, I particularly liked the gear up, visible in the ground shadow!

taking another Tristar and three Tornado's with me

I agree those MAIW models are terrific... but they are taking YOU.

It's not always empty there, and not always bad weather.

Well, yes... and no!

qNcR0a.jpg

slightly different Aeroworx king air panel I found
Which one's that? I thought I had them all...

I thought this might be the one Adrian Brausch did when we cobbled together the RNZAF B200, but it's not.

Thanks for the link.

What a fantastic model it is, too... I went looking for the panel shot, couldn't immediately find it, so here's the consolation prize. 

9i57.jpg

Here is a shot for Harald

Oh thanks, thats the stuff I love indeed. But the one with the AI planes is also very good!

And by the way, you helped me to make my 727 to what it is by adding flap vortices.

So you actually work on a 727 panel?

If you're still on WinXP, then I think the DF727 will make you really happy, despite its age. With a reworked panel even more of course.

For me, after doing unforgettable flights with the 727, I think that my time with her is over. Now that I converted to Win7 due to technical problems, I look for another "best" every day plane. The DF 727 has minor problems at some Win7 systems possibly depending on the Internet Explorer version (and unfortunately mine belongs to these). In the summer, I mostly flew GA - the DF Bonanza has no bugs under Win7 -, but now it's time to fly south. Tested Igor Suprunovs Yak-40 these days and experienced my very first OOM under Win7. Now the Tu-134 is the next plane on my list...

Harald Geyer
   Gründer der Messerschmitt Freunde Dresden v. V.

lYI9iQV.jpg

Thanks guys. Still got a long way to go to match your stuff, Ed. And everybody else really.

Maurice?

512 x 512 dxt clouds for one. I always had 1024 HD REX clouds and tried the lower res clouds for kicks and I prefered it. Gave a more softer look yet still looks ok in the distance. Very little diffence to be honest when I view them.

Also only 4x aa mostly along with the sparse grid although I just noticed I've got 8xQ currently. I'm always tinkering and forget what ive done. lol. I've tried a zillion combinations and to be brutally honest, I can't always tell a huge difference between some of the aa/AF settings. Just a fps drop if i go overboard. If I use a too higher lumasharpen setting with sweetfx, it shows more aa jaggies regardless of nvidia settings so I keep it around 0.50-0.70.

Aso I've been reducing the daytime ai texture sizes from 1024 to 512. Painfully slow because I can't figure out how to batch convert them so one at a time. Perhaps that makes a difference with fps too I guess to reduce overall load.

Boring stuff like that.

That is one awesome panel, Ed.

Thanks Jon.  I'll try different settings.  I've changed my clouds to dxt at 512.  I don't notice a difference until I'm pretty close up to the clouds, so I'm good there.

8xQ hits my system pretty hard.  I'm using 8xCSAA at the moment because I don't notice an fps hit.  I noticed the same thing with lumasharpen, but, since last night I've been back to flying without sweetfx.  It's a cycle for me with the bloom stuff.

Interesting you brought up AF.  I never thought this would have an effect.  I've been using 16x.  I'm going to try lowering it and see how it goes.

So you actually work on a 727 panel?

Hello Harald, I got the opportunity to photograph a 727 cockpit so I took it…. but really I want to work on the Tu-154M.

Project Tupolev introduced me to this awesome aircraft and I fell in love with her.

After the L10 and DC10 the Tu-154M is the next threeholer for me….. killer looks, killer engine note, triple bogies. If I made a home build cockpit it would be hard not to choose this cockpit. :wub:

Flying around in mild storms near SeaTac.

20axrhy.jpg

No idea what the fireworks are for...

(MegaScenery Pacific Northwest 2005, Active Sky 7, default plane)

Just a warning guys that if we keep discussing fs9 here rather then post screens……..

Waaaaay too long since I last flew this beauty. 

fsscr529-3.jpg

fsscr538.jpg

fsscr539.jpg

fsscr473-2.jpg

fsscr921-1.jpg

fsscr919.jpg

What options are there for fs9 regarding models

CLS DC-10 model.

fsscr031-8.jpg

fsscr030-4.jpg

fsscr004.jpg

fsscr221-1.jpg

fsscr232.jpg

fsscr246-2.jpg

fsscr134-2.jpg

fsscr062_zps6f1c7ad3.jpg

fsscr629.jpg

Great shots Ed!

Hard to pick a favorite, they all look great.

Rob

may result in this thread about fs9 being moved back to its original location

Oh this would be hard.

Ed, I eagerly wait for more Tu-154 pictures from inside! It's a wonderful plane but a little too big for my purposes. Maybe after the Tu-134...

140210Tu-134USSS1_zps80014f9a.jpg

140211Tu-134EDDP2_zps15e157ea.jpg

140210Tu-134UIAA1_zpseef55321.jpg

140210Tu-134UGTB1_zpsf98575f8.jpg

And these are made with the old v. 1.0/1.2. Old times - many AI planes of airlines which gut defunct since then:

081021Tu-134UGTB1_zps51b1170b.jpg

081114Tu-134UAAA2_zps7a3fc159.jpg

(Sorry for the bad picture quality, I don't know what happened to them or to which format I converted them years ago.)

Harald Geyer
   Gründer der Messerschmitt Freunde Dresden v. V.

lYI9iQV.jpg

Waaaaay too long since I last flew this beauty. 
The main gear alone is worth a lengthy discussion thread...

Following the trijet thought: Can't recall - is there an MD11 of worthy note in FS9, or only DC-10's?

The main gear alone is worth a lengthy discussion thread...

Also the fact that reversers can be deployed before touchdown. It would only take a simple custom xml for models coding to make this possible….but alas still some modellers do not realise one can do whatever one wants with xml for models.

While I'm here I would like to see modellers use a gazillon polygons (now we know FS9 polygon limit is no more) to model an engine inlet accurately. 

is there an MD11 of worthy note in FS9

Never flown it but the PMDG MD-11?

I eagerly wait for more Tu-154 pictures from inside

I need to make a completely new panel with better perspectives.

fsscr676-2.jpg

fsscr680.jpg

fsscr428-2.jpg

fsscr313-1.jpg

fsscr821.jpg

Too many words! Haha.

Sweet shots, Ed. So the CLS is the one go for? How's the FDE, panels etc? Or have you done hot usual panel magic? :D

The CLS model is all I use. I did not like the FDE or panel…..pretty sure I started with the SGA DC-10 FDE and then went from there.

As for my panels….. analogue engine gauges (note: my panels are not available)

Penny and Giles engine gauges.