Sign in to follow this  
Kilo60

Any word on SP1...?

Mmmm  so  you not  getting  the t7 because of the bugs and buy the 747v2  when it  comes out, so what makes you think that it wont have   bugs as well :P.  Some people think the t7  is unflyable

Nothing all to do with bugs I just don't want to buy an aircraft I won't use. Have lots of those already.

A2A 172, NGX and a 747 will do me nicely for a long time.

Is this thread still going?????

Rather unproductive IMHO......

i7 8770K @ 4.7Ghz + Corsair H100i GTX  Water Cooler - 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000Mhz - NVidia RTX 2070 XC 8Gb - ACER X34 Predator IPS GSYNC 3440x1440 Monitor - ASUS ROG STRIX Z370H - 2 x Samsung SSD Pro 512Gb  - 1 x Samsung EVO 1Tb - Win 10 Pro 64  21H2 - MSFS

"All in, all the time"

Steve Summers

374 hours on PMDG 777,no issues.

post-148934-0-29002200-1392358343.jpg

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

ap·prox·i·mate·ly

əˈpräksəmətlē/

adverb

used to show that something is almost, but not completely, accurate or exact; roughly.

Next Sunday the 16th will be four weeks since the announcement that "We currently feel that we are approximately 2 weeks away from beginning the final test phase for the pending SP1 update to the PMDG 777-200LR/F."

I would suggest that almost four weeks is not roughly two weeks but is in fact approximately double.

Next Sunday the 16th will be four weeks since the announcement that "We currently feel that we are approximately 2 weeks away from beginning the final test phase for the pending SP1 update to the PMDG 777-200LR/F."

I would suggest that almost four weeks is not roughly two weeks but is in fact approximately double.

Until the start of the final test phase. How long is the test phase. You think its 2 weeks?

Richie Walsh

Until the start of the final test phase. How long is the test phase. You think its 2 weeks?

I was just musing on the use of the term "approximately". So why do infer that I think the test phase will be 2 weeks?

Love the triple 7, but really got used to fs2crew in the NGX so I'm waiting for that… In the meantime (it'll be done when it's done), I just fly my NGX Westjet in my Canadian/US triangle (CYVR-KPSP-CYYC-PHNL-CYVR) until we get a copilot.  

Norman Henderson

I for one would like to be able to fly this expensive aircraft, so you could say I am a little "anxious" about the SP1 and would like to see if it enables me to fly it more often or not. 

When you pay $90 you have every right to demand a service pack and a well functioning product. It's no different than Battlefield 4 (in which case people spent over $100 for it and Premium) and what is happening with it.

I for one would like to be able to fly this expensive aircraft, so you could say I am a little "anxious" about the SP1 and would like to see if it enables me to fly it more often or not. 

When you pay $90 you have every right to demand a service pack and a well functioning product. It's no different than Battlefield 4 (in which case people spent over $100 for it and Premium) and what is happening with it.

What precisely is keeping you from flying it? There's nothing in the SP1 changelog that is a fix for something making it completely unflyable.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

What precisely is keeping you from flying it? There's nothing in the SP1 changelog that is a fix for something making it completely unflyable.

The VAS is my issue, I refuse to uninstall or turn settings to low just to fly a single aircraft when no other aircraft I own (including the NGX) needs this to be be done. To be specific, it's really only an issue when I visit scenery airports such as, but not limited to, FSDT KLAX or KJFK that the problem keeps me from flying it. If I fly from a simpler scenery or an AFCAD to another simple scenery or AFCAD it is just fine. Because it is the T7 and not a 737 it becomes hard to fly at all since all the scenery airports are the airports the plane generally flies out of. It's a shame this is the case because the T7 is an awesome aircraft that I think PMDG did a great job on aside from the VAS.

I'll admit, part of this problem has to do with the scenery developer creating a scenery that uses a lot of VAS, however it doesn't make sense for me to uninstall and not use a scenery I paid a lot of money for just because I get an OOM with a single aircraft. I've flown multiple back-to-back-to-back legs between FSDT, Flightbeam and FlyTampa scenery with the NGX and had no VAS issue, so from where I sit the T7 is the problem. It is my hope that SP1 gives us code, or something, that is more optimized and lowers the VAS.

I don't have a lot of scenery installed, probably more AFCAD's than anything. I have a well optimized fsx.cfg and my settings aren't turned way up either, just enough to make things look good without being over the top. VAS remains a mystery to me because no matter what I try I can't seem to lower the T7's enough to be able to take it where I want to freely, but no other aircraft has the issue. If you have any suggestions or ideas that may help, feel free to share them. I'd love to be able to fly this thing more often than when I fly a cargo haul.

FWIW, I actually did a few tests with the T7 and the NGX when the T7 came out to see what the VAS difference was and if I remember correctly I found a 200-300MB difference on my computer. That is with the VC res turned to low the RAAS removed and the terrain radar turned off. I don't think a ton has to be done to lower the T7's VAS and it doesn't have to be lowered by a whole lot either. 

By the way, thanks for asking, I appreciate that.  :good:

VAS is not PMDG's fault. You're flying with an 8 year old program. If you want to fly this aircraft you'll need to compromise - sacrifice a few complex add-ons for flying an excellent aircraft. 

I don't really think there's a way to 'fix' this, since it isn't really a bug/glitch. From my knowledge and memory, FSX was built for 32 bit OS, and when used on a 64 bit OS the maximum VAS is 4GB - once exceeded the program closes.

I advise saving your flight hourly and especially on approach so you can close FSX, re-open and fly the approach with a lower VAS.

It sure is a pain, but it is about the limitations of FSX its self. If there was code that could fix this (extend VAS limit), I'd pay anything for it (and I think many other people would too)!

Guest Mik75

That's really strange, I never had a single OOM with my current FSX install in the T7. I have many FSDT airports and recently, I flew from Aerosofts EDDF to FSDTs KJFK and, 1 day later, back to Frankfurt with very good performance and nice graphics.

I second that, never had an OOM with the NGX, T7, J41 or MD-11, that I did not induce myself with too high settings, easily fixed by balancing the settings properly.

I never had a problem flying the T7 either, seems to me that most complaints about T7 is due to people thinking it is just a big 737, and are flying it like one too.

23.png

People thinking the SP1 is going to contain a miracle fix are going to be disappointed. If your T7 is not flyable what makes you think SP1 will help? Wouldn't a ticket to support get you more help? Wouldn't they fix whatever your problem is rather than making you wait for the service pack?

Richie Walsh