Sign in to follow this  
Kilo60

Any word on SP1...?

FSUIPC can be set to prevent a buildup of panelstate files for the 777.

From the FSUIPC Advanced Users document:

AUTOSAVE: INI-file only options
AlsoManage, for additional files

Some add-on programs produce files when Flights are saved separately from the usual ones in the FSX flights folder, so that the AutoSave option fails to manage their numbers, deleting older ones when the FLT files are deleted. The types
handled by default are FLT, WX, FSSAVE, PSS, FMC, ABL, RCD, SPB and IPCBIN. For any others, and files in other
folders, you have to manually add some lines to the [AutoSave] section of the FSUIPC4.INI file. As an example, for the
PMDG 747X these would be:
AlsoManage1=PMDG\747400\PanelState\*.FLT.sav
AlsoManage2=PMDG\747400\PanelState\*.0.rte
AlsoManage3=PMDG\747400\PanelState\*.1.rte
The path given in these lines is within the main FSX path. If you have anything installed outside the FSX path you'd need to give the complete pathname, from the drive (e.g. C:\ ...) onwards (or the computer name for a Network in the usual form, i.e. \\<name> ...).
Up to 32 “AlsoManage” lines can be given, numbered 1 to 32.

--------------------------

For the 777 it looks like this:

[Autosave]

AlsoManage1=PMDG\PMDG 777X\PanelState\*.FLT.0.rte
AlsoManage2=PMDG\PMDG 777X\PanelState\*.FLT.1.rte
AlsoManage3=PMDG\PMDG 777X\PanelState\*.FLT.2.rte
AlsoManage4=PMDG\PMDG 777X\PanelState\*.FLT.3.rte
AlsoManage5=PMDG\PMDG 777X\PanelState\*.FLT.4.rte
AlsoManage6=PMDG\PMDG 777X\PanelState\*.FLT.fmc
AlsoManage7=PMDG\PMDG 777X\PanelState\*.FLT.sav

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

Wow good stuff :-)

Will have to try that as soon as I have everything installed again.

Thx!

Rob Robson

Wow good stuff :-)

Will have to try that as soon as I have everything installed again.

Thx!

Also, normal FSX saving works fine. I actually prefer it - so I can see exactly where I've saved. For instance, after setting up the FMC, etc, etc. However in cruise on long haul -  guess autosave sounds good!!

Yes! It is official, the pmdg 777-300 will be coming out in the second quarter of 2014, which means from sometime in may to the end of June. Will not purchase the 772 but will wait for the 773 cuz I think it will not come out as expansion but as an individual product...

Yes! It is official, the pmdg 777-300 will be coming out in the second quarter of 2014, which means from sometime in may to the end of June. Will not purchase the 772 but will wait for the 773 cuz I think it will not come out as expansion but as an individual product...

The 777-300 has not been announced at all, the 777-300ER has.

Also, the 777-300ER has been confirmed to be an expansion model. This means you will need the base pack (the 777-200LR/F) for the 777-300ER to run. It will NOT be an individual add-on.

And lastly, please read the forum rules, and follow them. Signing your full name in the PMDG forums is mandatory, it's not an option.

(...) Yes! It is official, the pmdg 777-300 will be coming out in the second quarter of 2014, which means from sometime in may to the end of June. Will not purchase the 772 but will wait for the 773 cuz I think it will not come out as expansion but as an individual product...

Huh???   :blink:

There is nothing official.

You have no idea what you're talking about. Don't spread rumors.

He said it twice. It must be true. :Black Eye:

Richie Walsh

Huh???   :blink:

It's officially unofficial Ollie lol

Chris Sunseri

There is nothing official.

You have no idea what you're talking about. Don't spread rumors.

... doth protest too much, methinks

:ph34r2:

... doth protest too much, methinks

:ph34r2:

He's spreading misinformation which leads to more pitchforks and flaming.

Where is the protest?

He's spreading misinformation which leads to more pitchforks and flaming.

Where is the protest?

Ooops .... I guess I should have foreseen some folk don't possess a sense of humour / irony ...   

from wikipedia

"The lady doth protest too much, methinks" is a quotation from the 1602 play Hamlet by William Shakespeare. It has been used as a figure of speech, in various phrasings, to indicate that a person's overly frequent or vehement attempts to convince others of something have ironically helped to convince others that the opposite is true, by making the person look insincere and defensive.

In rhetorical terms, the phrase can be thought of as indicating an unintentional apophasis - where the speaker who "protests too much" in favor of some assertion puts into others' minds the idea that the assertion is false, something that they may not have considered before.

Of course it's all very serious stuff, this release date business

Wouldn't want to spook the market or jig the stock price, would we? :ph34r:

Best wishes.

Ooops .... I guess I should have foreseen some folk don't possess a sense of humour / irony ...   

from wikipedia

Of course it's all very serious stuff, this release date business

Wouldn't want to spook the market or jig the stock price, would we? :ph34r:

Best wishes.

I have a sense of humour, I just don't read shakespeare.