Sign in to follow this  
HughesMDflyer4

An Interesting Future for Outerra

A quick video from user Awac9.

There are some issues with frame-rate related to trees, solved in my case by turning off tree shading for now. Shadows themselves work fine, even on max settings.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Its a brilliant update. If everyone plays their cards right, we just might get to see something very close to a photo-real flight simulator, one day.

Once there is an SDK, people will build on this and.......

Drag simming into the 21st century.

I can't even imagine what sort of beast this might become with an SLI profile.....

screen_1410463757_zpse76a1bd5.jpg

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

this is awesome.. so guys when are you planning to introduce clouds, fog ,haze etc..its just too good to be true..i cant believe my eyes ..

pleaseeeeeeeee make it quick... i want it for my 31st bday next year.. as i planning to make up a A320 sim.. would love to fly with outerra

Once there is an SDK, people will build on this and

Yes, I'm waiting in the queue for this. I'd really love to get OpenStreetMap data into Outerra for roads, buildings, forests, etc.. We already have an effort to convert World2XPlane's model library over thanks to Levi's tireless work (https://github.com/tonywob/world-models-outerra), but without an official SDK/Documentation etc, I'm a little stuck on making an Outerra output format at present. Plus, we really need a Mac OS version  B)

this is awesome.. so guys when are you planning to introduce clouds, fog ,haze etc..its just too good to be true..i cant believe my eyes ..

Volumetric fog is already in the engine and volumetric clouds have been previewed but not yet released.

It really does need OSM data imported to give that sim effect but I believe once that's accomplished people will see the result and flock to the cause. It really is exciting to watch development continue apace. It's a beautiful piece of work and that word is hard to apply to the other sims.

Updated Update!  :P

Development version with biome colors and vegetation density support.
As usual, new features are available in the full version initially, later will get into the free demo version as well.

Changes:

Version 0.8.3.4861 (12 Sep 2014)

• fix for rift mode not setting 75Hz refresh rate
  • quality levels for tree range
  • optimizations for tree rendering and tree shadows
  • fixed SSAO in stereo mode
  • fixed aircraft rotation on placement
  • FPS counter rendered with translucent background for better visibility on the sky
  • added buggy Nvidia 331.65 driver check

And my abruptly obsolete test video of the now old version.  :lol:

Devons rig

Even as we see Outerra from the Flight Sim perspective, people in other genres are getting excited as well.  ^_^

screen_1410616720_zps78dfc880.jpg

31_zpsbd33ac5f.jpg

1_zps9e25e92c.jpg

5_zps28c26fe1.jpg

Devons rig

Outerra user M7 presents a flight over Middle Earth, an alternate world created in Outerra by the Middle Earth Digital Elevation Project. http://www.me-dem.me.uk/

Hmmmmm...... I'm almost desperate to see what a Nvidia 780 or titan could do with this engine.....

Devons rig