Sign in to follow this  
Pe11e

FSX is like... a thin glass.

I am one of those folks who has been very lucky with FSX. I have never had an in-flight software crash. It has always been rock stable for me. It has plenty of annoying issues, but stability has never been one of them for me.

Today I had the first OOM I have ever had. It was in P3D v2.1, running no add ons. Go figure.

- Bill Magann

...addons must be developed properly to ensure a stability in sim...

+1

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

FSX hasn't crashed for me in months, even with all those things you named.

Same here, even if it crashes I don't feel to bad as FScaptain + FSUIPC autosave allow me to restore the flight completely. 

If your careful with how you handle FSX, it is trouble free imo.

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

FSX has been very stable for me. Only real issue is the texture loading when switching views, but that has something to do with my hardware and not FSX. Other programs have similar issues. The PCIe bus isn't fast enough so there's a bit of a lag when loading textures. I don't get any stuttering, OOM, crashes, or anything like that.

374 hours on PMDG 777,No crashes.

post-148934-0-84134000-1392650944.jpg

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

Same here, even if it crashes I don't feel to bad as FScaptain + FSUIPC autosave allow me to restore the flight completely. 

Didn't know that you can save the FSCaptain flight, seriously! How to do that with FSUIPC?

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

Based on some of the comments here I must be the luckiest FSX user in the world! I've got quite an old, very modest system (no overclocking anywhere), FSX Gold Edition but with quite a few new add-ons including recent Realair and Ant's aircraft, FTX scenery and only one tweak in my fsx.cfg (HIGHMEMFIX=1). It's even installed in the default location on my C drive (shock, horror). Admittedly I'm only running it at 1680x1050 (my monitor's native resolution) but I get an average 25-30FPS with no stutters and I've never had a freeze, crash-to-desktop or OOM error - I've tried 1920x1080 on a borrowed monitor with no apparent loss of performance. I use FaceTrackNoIR with PointTracker as a cheap TrackIR replacement (highly recommended) with no FPS hit. Not sure why it all works so well but I'm definitely not complaining!

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit