Sign in to follow this  
OmniAtlas

Grainy textures after last Nvidia driver update

Anyone have any idea why my aircraft have a grainy type appearance? This only happened after I updated to the latest nvidia drivers.

Soarbywire - Avionics Engineering

Hi Omni,

Please revert back to nividia drive 332.21, all issue will resolve.

B/Regards...Alex Ooi

I'm not installing the new nvidia driver as it causes several problems, go back to the last driver and you should be ok !

Regards

Lamar Wright

Nope - 334 runs beautifully. Remember, if you change drivers you need to 1) rebuild your shaders and 2) reconfigure Nvidia Inspector if you use it.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Nope - 334 runs beautifully. Remember, if you change drivers you need to 1) rebuild your shaders and 2) reconfigure Nvidia Inspector if you use it.

Vic

Thanks, I've rebuild the shaders but I still get grainer textures --

2014_2_23_16_32_58_146.jpg

The textures - flicker. Nvidia inspector problem? 

I have the following settings 

Antiaaliasing compatibility - (bioshock, bioshock 2) 

Antialiasing mode - override any application setting

AA setting - AA_mode_method_supervcaa_64x_4v12

AA transparency SS - 4x supersampling

This method has allowed me to have AA within P3D 2.1.

Edited by OmniAtlas

So is everyone having this problem as well? 

The latest driver 334.89 is pretty good here.

Spirit

2) reconfigure Nvidia Inspector if you use it.

Or export before installing and import after the installation.

Spirit

Very strange, I have reconfigured nvidia inspector, deleted and regenerated the shaders directory...it is still grainy. 

Seems like it only affects aircrafts and the shdows...I tried fine tuning the shadow setting, but it is still present. 

I've also changed to 4x supergrid suplersampling but the grainy picture and 'shimmering' is still there. 

Very strange, I have reconfigured nvidia inspector, deleted and regenerated the shaders directory...it is still grainy. 

Seems like it only affects aircrafts and the shdows...I tried fine tuning the shadow setting, but it is still present. 

I've also changed to 4x supergrid suplersampling but the grainy picture and 'shimmering' is still there. 

Don't worry Omni, it's not you, it's the driver.

I have the same problem. Especially shadows in virtual cockpit are "grainy confetti" and disturb the whole Instruments when moving over them.

And yes, i did a cleanup and a clean install...

I also use 4*SGSAA activated by NI (from my experience the only way to get it) and that's what the new driver can't handle.

Maybe on some cards it can or some people simply don't use SGSAA...

If you disable it, you should get rid of the anomalies, but the instruments and readings are shimmering and pixeling without it.

I use the older driver and everything is fine. Couldn't see any usefull changes in the new driver anyway.

By the way: this setting: AA setting - AA_mode_method_supervcaa_64x_4v12

was a nice feature in fsx-DX9, but should be totally of no effect in p3d (and fsx with steve's DX10 shader fix too). You can set it back to appcontrolled or leave it - it doesn't matter. In DX10/11 it's not possible to force normal AA by the driver, it MUST be done by the app (in this case in p3d AA=on)..... nvidia, have no experience with amd.

Edited by tiberiusrr

Thanks will give it a go.

As for the settings I just followed the thread here On How to get aa working with p3d.

All ok here with Nivdia 334.89.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Nivdia 334.89 work fine With my 770gtx

Envoyé de mon iPad à l'aide de Tapatalk

ban2s.jpg

I also have a 770 GTX but have similar issues with the new driver. 332.21 better on my system. Go figure.

Todd

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors