Sign in to follow this  
MarkRey

MH370

Consider the possibility that MH370 is actually somewhere in western China (or Myanmar) and NOT in the ocean.

Remember Entebbe for a parallel..

january

The Entebbe plane didn't disappear, though, and everyone knew where it was.  Unfortunately, the current story bears a lot more resemblance to AF 447.

Guys,

Not sure you are aware but RR and other engine manufactures offer real time engine monitoring.  For some reason MH370 was not being monitored (probably cost)

Btw, apparently the Captain was a member here on Avsim, he had a 777 cockpit setup using the PMDG 777 and also X-plane

Regards

Interesting, I found this here.

The data from the sensors are accumulated and transmitted at regular intervals to ground stations monitored by the engine manufacturers. Alert messages indicating anomalies are instantly transmitted. According to Rolls-Royce’s website, their aircraft engine data is transmitted via satellite feed. Rolls- Royce would analyze the data submitted and make recommendations to the airline for engine maintenance, as appropriate.

Too bad Malaysia Airlines passed on that option. Good job... :rolleyes:

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

Unfortunately, the current story bears a lot more resemblance to AF 447.

Or maybe Adam Air Flight 574...

The world we live in is  an evil and dangerous one and people out to harm other people behind other differences is at an all time high these days.  There are people out in this world, without a conscious out here. My reasoning for that statement is, that for the investigators to also be looking into maybe human intervention had something to do with this incident is very disturbing. When and if those individuals boarded that aircraft and saw two infants, who haven't done anything to anyone in this world , and still went thru with their deed, it hurts me to my heart to know I live in a world like this. I hope,well I pray that this ends in happy fashion. Wishful thinking and some prayer is always welcome in these times, because sometimes it might just work! :wink:

ATC, however, isn't going to give you the global coverage that would have helped with this flight or Air France 447.  It is a land-based system, and is relatively short range.  The fundamental problem is earth curvature, which you can't fix with ground-based technology, or the ever-popular "more power."  AF447 was out of range of ATC long before it encountered problems, which is one reason it took so long to find.

MH370, if some of the speculation is to believed, dropped from its cruising altitude of FL350 down to 15,000 feet while deviating from its course and turning west.  If this is true, it adds credence to the hijack theory, because the plane could better hide from radar at 15,000.

It's been reported in some of the media here that black boxes do not send real-time data on the aircrafts' speed, position, course, altitude, etc and that it only stores this information. It's been reported that if this data were to be sent in real-time to, say, the airline HQ, it could help in locating a lost aircraft or at least narrow the search area much quicker. Can someone with airline industry knowledge inform us whether this would indeed be the case and if having the black boxes send real-time data would be a good idea or not?

The Entebbe plane didn't disappear, though, and everyone knew where it was. Unfortunately, the current story bears a lot more resemblance to AF 447.

Indeed, but didn't it only take 3-4 days before debris was found, in arguably a lot more difficult search conditions.

This flight is as scary as Air France flight 447.

I hope everyone is okay somewhere, but it's not looking too good.  :(

In my opinion, this flight is even scarier than AF 447. Horrific as it is, it was at least known fairly quickly what roughly happened and where it went down.

Ironically, the longer no debris is found somewhere in the world, the more likely it becomes that it actually landed somewhere, as some sources have suggested.

Realtime audio/video satellite link from cockpit for all airliners would be very expensive and would be pretty much useless.

This flight is as scary as Air France flight 447.

I hope everyone is okay somewhere, but it's not looking too good.  :(

dont forgot the air france one was pilot error... tin hat on here.... the crew didnt even bother to print out the weather for the crossing and the skipper buggered off to crew rest and left 2 new guys at the helm.

One day Air France might realise that CRM is  so very important, instead of doing just whatever they want.  Incident after incident with them. They should of been sued to high heaven

As for this incident,... I dont know what is more dumb founding that the thing is still missing, the Malaysians cant get their act togther or the jibberish from unqualified spotters on Prune which then get believed by the MSM... youve got more chance of finding a Vegetarian tiger than that thing being hit by a meteor or being stolen and flown to india or pakistan for whatever reason...    

14ppkc-6.png

Cant seem to quote for some reason....

@Mcbellette - Black box data doesn't send real time info, not sure why you would think it ever did? RR & Boeing  have been offering real time monitoring for many years now, the package is expensive and only provides limited data, nothing like the full FDR  from the black boxes. 

As always, money is the main factor, to have real time FDR/CVR and as some suggest 'Video feed' would be incredibly costly.

@Tooting -  Unfortunately 99% of rubbish on pprune comes from  Flightsimmers :/  it makes me cringe...      If you think you can do a better job finding this aircraft then good luck to you..

Rob Prest

As much as the constant speculation and hashing out of 1000's of theories is wearing on me, I found one theory that really has struck a chord with me, an avid PMDG 777 fanatic.  As of this moment, Malaysian authorities claim that sabotage/hijacking is the primary cause for the disappearance.  See this article on CNN: http://www.cnn.com/2014/03/14/opinion/goyer-malaysia-flight/index.html?hpt=hp_c2

The author posits that someone with intimate knowledge of how to operate the 777, either a rogue crew member or hijacker, adjusted the flightpath to match gps coordinates.   These are the same coordinates we know as fixed waypoints, as found in the FMC legs page that we navigate to using LNAV.  According to the article, it is debatable if LNAV or the heading bug was used to change course.   Can you imagine, someone in the cockpit could just change the FMC flightplan to fly to a secret destination, and they went to the effort of not only just shutting off the transponder but also going into the electronics bay under the cockpit to forcibly disable the ACARS feed to evade detection by radar.   And sadly, some experts hypothesize that the saboteur could simply induce a loss of consciousness for the passengers and cockpit crew by shutting off the pressurization system, donning the oxygen mask, and flying off to the secret destination.

One thing seems more certain to me, that sabotage was involved and that there was absolutely nothing mechanically wrong with the 777.   That is basically what the aviation experts in the MSM agree is now behind the mysterious disappearance. 

I agree these planes should be broadcasting more flight information back to the airlines that own them constantly

They already got 3 ways to communicate with the aircraft so adding  another  one  wouldn't help  since if all 3  failed   than the fourth one would have  failed  also

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

How well does that app work if the iphone was in the middle of the ocean? Not that the technology doesn't exist, but to track aircraft no matter where they are is going to require investment in satcom equipment.

The difference is simple....My iPhone costs me $500 and it has a simple app that allows me to locate it, and yes that app has limitations but then again the phone cost only $500, so as the owner I am not really worried about it.

A Boeing 777 costs $300 Million, and to this day still has limited Data Links which is becoming apparent since no one can find this one with 227 passengers and 12 crew on board.

Sorry I had to spell this out for yea but there is a saying.....Doesn't take Rocket Appliances to figure it out  :rolleyes:

Matthew Kane

I see it this way....The cable company has a fleet of vehicles that are GPS tracked. And when the Cable Guy van has been found to be parked at a local strip club he loses his job because his employer can see that one of their vans has been parked out front on GPS tracking.

My iPhone can be found when I lost it with a simple 'Find iPhone' app. But we can't find a $300 million dollar airliner?

I agree these planes should be broadcasting more flight information back to the airlines that own them constantly.

Yeah Matthew,

I would say insurance companies are going to start pushing up their premiums. Like an alarm system for a car. No alarm? Higher cost!