Sign in to follow this  
Eagle Spirit

Is there a installation sequence for FTX scenery?

Well a big hello from a new member :excl:.

I'm having a new system built, specifically for FSX. That means the looong dance of reinstallation. I have a fair number of the FTX sceneries from PNW to Central Rockies, and also Alaska.

Question: what is the proper order of installation? Presume PNW, Fjords, N Rockies, Central Rockies and so on. Or, does the library automatically install in correct order.

Been awhile since installation took place, so a little amiss on what to do.

Regards, Eagle

I would do it in this order : Regions / Region Service packs / Airports / Airport service packs / Latest Libraries.

Just make sure that you install the latest libraries after you have installed everything else. This will ensure that everything works as it should.

ALSO don't forget to follow the installation instructions, because for most airport and service pack installations you must have FTX Central set to the correct region.

Best off luck!

Well a big hello from a new member :excl:.

I'm having a new system built, specifically for FSX. That means the looong dance of reinstallation. I have a fair number of the FTX sceneries from PNW to Central Rockies, and also Alaska.

Question: what is the proper order of installation? Presume PNW, Fjords, N Rockies, Central Rockies and so on. Or, does the library automatically install in correct order.

Been awhile since installation took place, so a little amiss on what to do.

Regards, Eagle

If you go to the FTX forums, there is a pdf document available which addresses the installation sequence of all products, including third party mesh.

Sent from my Mobile thing

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "MS FSX Forum" to "The Unofficial ORBX Forum". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.
Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums. See our image posting rules here.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.

I copied this info from the pdf file "FTX Definitive Guide", dated February 2014, and written by the ORBX Team.  Recommend you download it and check it out.  Great info.

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/74345-the-definitive-guide-to-ftx-products-the-go-to-source-of-ftx-information/

Install Order:

FTX Products all contain special coding and files to make sure they are always where they need to be in your Flight simulator scenery list.  It does not matter what order you install the FTX products (other than the latest libraries being installed last) as they will always self -order themselves.

However, if you prefer a solid method of installing, we would suggest the following:

FTX Global Base

FTX Global Vector

FTX Global Open LC (When Available)

Terrain Mesh

FTX Full Regions

FTX Airports

Definitely do as Alenia1 stated above about the libraries and reading the installation instructions.  Then later, when you add another Orbx Scenery addon, reinstall the Object Libraries file again. 

I installed FS Global 2010, but don't remember where in the list I installed it.  Probably after I installed Vector as the list shows.  And yesterday, I just reinstalled UTX USA after all of my Orbx sceneries, and have no problems.

Safe Flyin'

Rod

Rod Beck

I copied this info from the pdf file "FTX Definitive Guide", dated February 2014, and written by the ORBX Team.  Recommend you download it and check it out.  Great info.

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/74345-the-definitive-guide-to-ftx-products-the-go-to-source-of-ftx-information/

Install Order:

FTX Products all contain special coding and files to make sure they are always where they need to be in your Flight simulator scenery list.  It does not matter what order you install the FTX products (other than the latest libraries being installed last) as they will always self -order themselves.

However, if you prefer a solid method of installing, we would suggest the following:

FTX Global Base

FTX Global Vector

FTX Global Open LC (When Available)

Terrain Mesh

FTX Full Regions

FTX Airports

Definitely do as Alenia1 stated above about the libraries and reading the installation instructions.  Then later, when you add another Orbx Scenery addon, reinstall the Object Libraries file again. 

I installed FS Global 2010, but don't remember where in the list I installed it.  Probably after I installed Vector as the list shows.  And yesterday, I just reinstalled UTX USA after all of my Orbx sceneries, and have no problems.

Safe Flyin'

Rod

Thank you very much for this.  I was curious as to how you would handle installing more ORBX content at a later time, since we all keep up with the new products ORBX puts out.  So basically, you are saying that everytime you install something new, make sure you have the latest library file installed again, right?

I have a lot of ORBX content and am expecting more in the mail soon, so I had concern about installation order as wlel has the object library's installation.

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

So basically, you are saying that everytime you install something new, make sure you have the latest library file installed again, right?

That is correct. I have installed/reinstalled FTX products a great number of times; with some combinations FTX Central can look pretty strange (with duplicate or missing entries), but installing the Orbx Libraries last has always set things right.

Thank you very much for this.  I was curious as to how you would handle installing more ORBX content at a later time, since we all keep up with the new products ORBX puts out.  So basically, you are saying that everytime you install something new, make sure you have the latest library file installed again, right?

I have a lot of ORBX content and am expecting more in the mail soon, so I had concern about installation order as wlel has the object library's installation.

Just as Mike stated, that is correct.  And, I've done the same as Mike, installing new airports or regions later, just re-install the current libraries, and you're good to go.

Safe Flyin

Rod

Rod Beck

I tried to download the libraries today, but when I tried to extract I got an error message saying file is empty. any ideas?

I tried to download the libraries today, but when I tried to extract I got an error message saying file is empty. any ideas?

I got that with one I downloaded and just restarted the download (used free dl manager from cnet).

Does anyone know if there's a 001 patch for FTX EU WALES? I found OrbxFTXEUWLSPatch002.zip but nothing for patch 1.

best regards

Steve

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

Usually this is caused by not using a download manager. I had this problem too, with Firefox; the solution for me was to use the DownThemAll addon.

Does anyone know if there's a 001 patch for FTX EU WALES? I found OrbxFTXEUWLSPatch002.zip but nothing for patch 1.

It's on the FTX-Support page right above the 002 patch.

In the end I found it listed as Wales SP1 but the file is called patch001

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

That is correct. I have installed/reinstalled FTX products a great number of times; with some combinations FTX Central can look pretty strange (with duplicate or missing entries), but installing the Orbx Libraries last has always set things right.

Thank you kind Sir for confirming what I had suspected.  I have found ORBX products a little intimidating when it comes to installs.  I recently cleaned up a HDD and started over in reinstalling my content so once again, while wanting to do everything correct, I had to ask the question.

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit