Sign in to follow this  

P3DV2.2 Beta 2 info/video

Does LM know why FSX/P3D retain texture memory footprint?

If they do, they haven't told me.  I have my own theories and they're pretty technical, but I believe I posted those ideas some time ago in another thread and it's just my speculation from a programmers perspective.

As Rob already made perfectly clear that whole point of the video was to demonstrate that V2.2 beta VAS management was so good that you would not even get close to an OOM placing all the setting in P3D very high and to let us see some new features like cloud shadows etc. Not to Produce a video of showed off how silky smooth P3D V2 can run with the right settings. If Rob Set out to do he could do it in a heart beat.

Based on that fact that he demonstrated exactly what he set out too,  the Video is an epic success.

Apart from that you're basically full of it

He was actually commenting on the racing video and trying to make a joke... but, apparently you didn't get it. :wink:

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

If they do, they haven't told me.  I have my own theories and they're pretty technical, but I believe I posted those ideas some time ago in another thread and it's just my speculation from a programmers perspective.

Perhaps you can suggest/mention again as official 2.2 beta feedback. Be interesting to hear their response as it would make a huge impact. 

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

Does LM know why FSX/P3D retain texture memory footprint? The CYZP -KSFO flight had around a 1GB VAS increase. But there shouldnt be a reason why it increases that much if the simulator is able to release used textures. The fact that its increased so much means it has retained some of the PNW with it and on into NOCAL. But why? Its not useful anymore.  The aircraft footprint obviously remains, and I doubt NOCAL has such a huge increase in VAS than PNW.  If you went the other way, the result would be approximately the same I would think. 

So while there was excellent progress in making things like the trees use much less memory per tree, the sim really needs to get rid of used memory after a certain radius around the aircraft.   Or perhaps Im missing something and or its just not that simple. (Obviously not simple or it wouldve been resolved by now)

Same thought here..The same flight with the 777 could push the 3800 VAS to 4000. 

Hmmm...

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Hi Rob great vidoes what is your video process ie  FRAPs settings and what do you use to edit and compress your finished video?

thanks

Just finished up a 4 hour 30 minute flight from LGTS to LIRN ... I think you'll like this ... started at 2.0 GB climbed to 2.4 GB dropped to 2.2 GB then at arrival at Naples (LIRN) it was 2.4 GB.  This was a "day" only flight.

Display/Graphics settings the same as prior test flight but this time I turned cloud density up to maximum.

Add-ons used:

Aerosoft Twin Otter X

Orbx FTX Global

Orbx Vector 1.1

PILOTS FS Global 2010 FTX Edition

Aerosoft Thessaloniki Airport

REX 4 Textures

AccuFeel 2

FSUIPC

Weather was clouds, a little rain, windy, visibility 30mi ... cloud shadows looked fantastic.   Flight start was set to 8:00 am ... arrival was about 12:30 pm.

Probably best not to speculate about the 777 before there actually is a 777 for P3DV2.x.

Cheers, Rob.

Very informative video. Thanks Rob for your time testing 2.2. Will be an interesting milestone in Prepar3d development.

Pierre

P3D when its freezing in Quebec....well, that's most of the time...
C-GDXL based at CYQB for real flying when its warming up...

Hi Rob great vidoes what is your video process ie  FRAPs settings and what do you use to edit and compress your finished video?

Video capture settings are:

Full Size (in my case 2560 x 1600)

30 fps

Record Win7 Sound Multichannel

Lock framerate while record

And that's it for capture.  For upload to YouTube I send the captured footage to Adobe Premiere Pro CC, slice it together, add some titles and video transations between cuts and then Export to YouTube suitable format (usually and mp4 set to 12-16 Mbps target using H.264 compression).

Cheers, Rob.

Just finished up a 4 hour 30 minute flight from LGTS to LIRN ... I think you'll like this ... started at 2.0 GB climbed to 2.4 GB dropped to 2.2 GB then at arrival at Naples (LIRN) it was 2.4 GB.  This was a "day" only flight.

Excellent!

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

Oh wow... I'm wondering if it's actually possible to get an OOM now!

Display/Graphics settings the same as prior test flight but this time I turned cloud density up to maximum.

Add-ons used:

Aerosoft Twin Otter X

Orbx FTX Global

Orbx Vector 1.1

PILOTS FS Global 2010 FTX Edition

Aerosoft Thessaloniki Airport

REX 4 Textures

AccuFeel 2

FSUIPC

Weather was clouds, a little rain, windy, visibility 30mi ... cloud shadows looked fantastic.   Flight start was set to 8:00 am ... arrival was about 12:30 pm.

Probably best not to speculate about the 777 before there actually is a 777 for P3DV2.x.

Cheers, Rob.

Thank you for your effort.

Do you have any thoughts on why the VAS usage was different on your second flight? You are using high-end add-ons in both flights. Is it linked to the type of scenery you are flying over?

Espen

// 5800X3D // RTX 3090 // 64GB RAM // HP REVERB G2 //

Quick report back, testing out MJC Q400 ... sadly is still a case of bad "stutters" (not a frame rate issue).  As I understand it the Q400 "slews" thru the world so it's very possible something specific with P3DV2.x slew mode (I made sure all my controllers were disabled for slew mode, but unfortunately no help).  So I think we'll just have to wait for Majestic to provide a P3DV2.x specific version.

Cheers, Rob.

Rob I am using the MJQ400 in P3D2. I have removed all tweaks from my .cfg files. I have internal limit of 30FPS and the FDE is set to SYNC in the MJ control panel. The clincher is....when ou load up the aircraft, go to Windows Task Manager, Processes, and assign all cores to P3D or FSX if running Legacy mode. It is smooth as butter.

Caution....     Clearly you missed the punchline....so here's the replay, the video in question is this one :-)

I owe you an apology! so Here it is. Sorry.

I did in fact misread the post and understood

it to be an attack on the P3DV2.2 video.

Again sorry.