Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

01APR14 - Quick PMDG 777 SP1 Update

What is the data uplink? Like a built in acars? I think it's a joke, but if it would be for real.....

Ciao!

Agreed, posting at 0016 April 1, it almost definitely a joke (at this point); he does something tricky every year.

But knowing Capt. Rob's high level of humor, I wonder if he's using a little reverse psychology.  Didn't he post in one of his recent updates that he had something new in-store for us?  What if the weather radar joke today is actually released with the 300/sp1?  Then this announcement will have served two purposes today (joke and future real announcement) and I can hear him laughing now, and again when the 300/sp1 is released - he'll post a big 'ol large "Gotcha!" then as well.

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

No it is not a joke.

I never saw him making a joke of his products. If he is making a joke of the 777, then I am not pleased at all.

So I think it is a concealed truth within this joking date. We can all expect a nice weather radar, I am pretty sure of it. 

Otherwise I can see no reason to justify their bloody late release of both the SP1 and the -300ER after more than a half year from the base pack :mad: !!

I have a "no time to waste, I got to move with haste" mentality, so if they spent this time on photoshopping the cockpit to fool the members and mischeavous promising a weather radar it is not only cruel as a deadly disease buto also burning up precious time on nothing at all.

So it better be the truth the WRX will be included.

Peter

I9 12900K @ 5.1ghz P-cores/ 4.0 ghz E-cores fixed HT off / Corsair iCue H150i Capellix Cooler/ MSI Z690 CARBON WiFi / 32GB Corsair DDR5 RAM @ 5200 mhz XMP on / 12GB MSI 4090 RTX Ventus 3 / 7,5 total TB SSD (2+2+2+1+0,5 all NVMe)/ PSU 850W Corsair / 27" (1080P)

I have a "no time to waste, I got to move with haste" mentality, so if they spent this time on photoshopping the cockpit to fool the members and mischeavous promising a weather radar it is not only cruel as a deadly disease buto also burning up precious time on nothing at all.

You don't actually think EVERYBODY at PMDG is working on the same thing at once, do you? There's graphical artists, programmers, debuggers,...

Just because one team is hard at work, does not mean the other team doesn't have some spare time.

Otherwise I can see no reason to justify their bloody late release of both the SP1 and the -300ER after more than a half year from the base pack :mad: !!

That would be because coding and debugging takes time. Just because you, as an end user, can't visually see what has been done, does not mean that it isn't there.

What you're doing, is pretty much bang on what happens here:

http://phdcomics.com/comics/archive.php?comicid=1687

Or.... What? :) Funny man...

Also check out the VIB indications.

(...)

Done: The "1" in "0.1" for the right engine's VIB is way too large - the poor quality of the photoshopping has wrecked this unique day completely!   :lol:

Cruel.

Now dislike my post B)

lol, someone actually disliked it...

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Yusuf Keyre

It's interesting to see PMDG constantly "toying" with their customer base which does add some character to the company, and is quite unique.  It is not to everyone's taste though, but their jet products are so popular and superior that they can gamble with reputation...for now.

Apple did this too.

o-APPLE-570.jpg?3

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Yusuf Keyre

I wish I had this much insane control over a group of people...or even a person....or a pet even..

ZORAN

No it is not a joke.

I never saw him making a joke of his products. If he is making a joke of the 777, then I am not pleased at all.

So I think it is a concealed truth within this joking date. We can all expect a nice weather radar, I am pretty sure of it. 

Peter

He made an April Fools joke once about partnership with Boeing

PMDG-777-EK-SIG-MAY1713-2_zps6f2ed2be.pn

Chidiebere Anyahara